Yak-7UTI / V and La-5UTI.

Trainer/Recon model option into IL2  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a trainer option Recon aircraft in IL2 ?

• Yak-7-UTI
    • Lag-5-UTI
    • Other and why ?

La-5UTI was reequipped into photographic reconnaissance aircraft at the Leningrad front

post-381-0-19027300-1391367572_thumb.jpg

Yak-7UTI and V.

post-381-0-12999800-1391367561_thumb.jpg

post-381-0-05771500-1391367566_thumb.jpg

FW-190 S-5Schulflugzeug ( later in date )

post-381-0-46805200-1391367577_thumb.png

Bf-109 Trainers

post-381-0-54304100-1391367580_thumb.jpg

In my opinion having a Yak-7-UTI in IL2-Stalingrad make very much sens and my favorite of the lot.

The Yak-7-UTI earned his place and give birth to the new well known fighters series.

Having a trainer with option Recon (V) would help a lot the squads and as a teaching tools.

Flying with someone in the same aircraft is just a blast. Adding an aircraft like the Yak-7 UTI would have plenty of use in IL2.

Edited by GOZR

Yes in Stalingrad

An option "NO" ? Inconceivable that someone wouldn't want a dual seat .   ;)

But plz if you are against it state it why.. 

Cannot edit it anymore

Edited by GOZR

Yes in Stalingrad

An option "NO" ? Inconceivable that someone wouldn't want a dual seat .   ;)

But plz if you are against it state it why.. 

Cannot edit it anymore

Hmm, if only the Yak-1 Series 69 was out and I could ask about how the Yak-7 would differ in terms of performance, durability, etc. I have not decided how I want to vote, yet. If I vote yes or no, I will write out my reasons, Gozr.  :salute: MJ

Edited by =69.GIAP=MIKHA

For Stalingrad?  not only Yak-1 :) Yak-7 was very early in production and the Yak-7 tainer was a final training tool for a passage to faster fighters like the Lag-3, Migs and Yak-1s from other trainers.. The Yak-7 trainer did so well that they produced it as a fighter.

No thanks, it would be a waste of resources. I'm certainly not going to spend my money on a plane that can't shoot at anything. After all, this is a combat flight simulator. If I want to fly a plane that has no guns, there are non-combat sims that fit that role just fine.

• Upvote 1

So, were there any Yak-7b machines that were outfitted with two seats for recon or what not? Maybe a Yak-7b, with an optional second seat mod for recon, would be a better option than a Yak-7 UTI?  :salute: MJ

Edited by =69.GIAP=MIKHA

Hmm, well the Yak-7V is a modified Yak-7b. I would go for a Yak-7b add-on, with a M-105PA engine or M-105PF engine, plus twin UBS and a twenty mm canon, for sure. If the Yak-7b could have a mod that would turn it into a trainer, that would be pretty cool, Gozr. I don't know if the team is making a Yak-7b, much less one that can convert to a Yak-7V, but I would totally go for it, if they did.  :salute: MJ

if shortly, my choice it's UTI-4...  :salute: because...

at first, developers said, what this technology with "dual control" for any UTI planes no so good idea, because need lot of work, but will be not so much users of this feature...

and in game, at first, for correct BOS'42-43 needs yak-7b with m-105pa and high gargrot, plus yak-7b with m-105pf and high gargrot, it's besides wishes about yaks-7b with low gargrot, yak-7-37 or even first series of yak-9...

and personally i very like almost any UTI planes, including yak-7uti, but if remembered about logical plan of development, most likely, i think what good logical choice will be VERY mass UTI-4 ie i-16...

especially, because we know about some plans with rata in 2014 - guess, at least it's will be type 5/10, which really fought during BOS and UTI during BOS were used in regiments too, as training planes and planes even is in list of losses - so, maybe, it's good idea about some types of i-16, plus UTI-4 and even "type 15b" ie prototype of armed UTI-4...

but still have question about two pilots in one plane and needful technology for this, but it's only old words of devs...

in total, something like this...

:) Yes

Then please explain how modeling a non-combat aircraft for a combat flight simulator is going to generate adequate sales, because I'm just not seeing it. If you want to train new pilots, then take them up on scrimmages, mock dogfights, those sorts of things. 

The learning curve is quite deep in a Flight Sim and Combat Flight Sim and many get pretty much discouraged and give up for War Thunder or something else per example. The fun of a combat sim in many occasions it's also the preparation for it. having a dual controls with swap maybe difficult to produce I have no idea, The devs could tell us about this, having a recon dual seat is very possible and much easier to do. aka Yak-7V, Flying in a same aircraft is fun as in real life, you share the same experience and that is the basic of all.

There are so many things fun to do with a dual seat in missions, learning, fun with friends. Now having a flight combat sim that can be use as a learning experience and sharing those experience that is great !

WofRussia02_Yak-7V_ski.jpg

Edited by GOZR

The first production aircraft known as Yak-7UTIs retained a retractable main landing gear, but beginning in the summer of 1941, a fixed landing gear variant, the Yak-7V (Vyvozoni for Familiarization) was substituted. The factory reasoned that production would be simplified and that reduced performance would not be detrimental for a trainer. Yak-7UTIs and Yak-7Vs were also equipped with skis for winter operations.

Interesting..

In parallel with the I-26 (or Y-26), the Yakovlev design bureau developed a two seat version under the designation Y-27. One pre-production I-26 was completed to this configuration. It was intended to not only serve as a dual control fighter trainer but also as a liason and unit support aircraft. Compared with the I-26, the Ya-27 was simplified and reduced in weight, the tandem cockpits being enclosed by an extended glazed canopy. The resulting Yak-7 aircraft entered production in May 1941 and was soon found to have better flying qualities than that of the series Yak-1 aircraft. This performance, combined with the urgent need for for more fighters, led to production of a single seat version of which the first was flown in June 1941. In the following month the fighter was officially designated the Yak-7A and the two seater Yak-7V. By the end of 1941, a new single seater, the Yak-7B had replaced the Yak-7A. Total delivery of all versions of the Yak-7 was 6,399 aircraft with production ending in early 1943. Of this number, some 1,500 were Yakovlev Yak-7Vs.

Edited by GOZR

Sturmkraehe.. what Sim ? For example in FSX as dual seat trainer pilots are using them for that exact purpose, the problem with FSX is the netcode.. but what a fun thing to do.

A recon lightly armed aircraft is fantastic one pilot and the other observe and take picrtures or radio signal hugely important for missions and in competitions.

Sturmkraehe.. what Sim ? For example in FSX as dual seat trainer pilots are using them for that exact purpose, the problem with FSX is the netcode.. but what a fun thing to do.

CLoD - the Tiger Moth. I've a strong feeling that if this aircraft had been an optional purchase, that sales of it would have been very low. Fun or not, we fly these games like ROF and BOS ultimately because we get to shoot and bomb stuff - not merely flying along just enjoying the landscape (although that is an enjoyable part, no doubt). Like I said, there are plenty of ways you can train new pilots without having to need a dual-control aircraft. 

• 2 weeks later...

ClOD is a very bad example but I see that the trainer online had a "lot" of success in internal can, Squadron and so on.. There is no substitute dual seat is a great addition like in RL ..Period. The fun is to bomb or shoot stuff but also land taking off and learning aircraft.. now flying offline to me is completely useless so flying offline and doing navigation, taking off cruising and landing is important. fighting AI's has to me absolutely no interest, like career mode etc.. but flying with a friend in the same craft and experiencing the same fun is great .. yes!

Now this thread is not to say that we will have one for sure so people that do not like it can still learn in what ever aircraft they desire but for many that like it, well having the choice is key. Now the developer also love their product as well and will decide what to do and they will add what ever they want but it's good to show that many like the idea.

"CLoD - the Tiger Moth. I've a strong feeling that if this aircraft had been an optional purchase, that sales of it would have been very low. Fun or not,"

Well CloD is a fail period tiger Moth or not, Interestingly I did warned them about the failure and I was right. The sim had a lot of great stuffs but failed in area that was very important for a pilot point of view but others points are very well.

Edited by GOZR

ClOD is a very bad example but I see that the trainer online had a "lot" of success in internal can, Squadron and so on.. There is no substitute dual seat is a great addition like in RL ..Period. The fun is to bomb or shoot stuff but also land taking off and learning aircraft.. now flying offline to me is completely useless so flying offline and doing navigation, taking off cruising and landing is important. fighting AI's has to me absolutely no interest, like career mode etc.. but flying with a friend in the same craft and experiencing the same fun is great .. yes!

Now this thread is not to say that we will have one for sure so people that do not like it can still learn in what ever aircraft they desire but for many that like it, well having the choice is key. Now the developer also love their product as well and will decide what to do and they will add what ever they want but it's good to show that many like the idea.

"CLoD - the Tiger Moth. I've a strong feeling that if this aircraft had been an optional purchase, that sales of it would have been very low. Fun or not,"

Well CloD is a fail period tiger Moth or not, Interestingly I did warned them about the failure and I was right. The sim had a lot of great stuffs but failed in area that was very important for a pilot point of view but others points are very well.

Well, the bad news is that, according to the news from the Russian forum, the team does not appear interested in making a Yak-7. The good news is that BOS players will certainly be able to join their friends in an aircraft. Planes, like the IL2, Pe-2, and the Ju-87, will certainly allow us to take our friends up for a ride, in a common plane.

:salute: MJ

Edited by =69.GIAP=MIKHA

Now the developer also love their product as well and will decide what to do and they will add what ever they want but it's good to show that many like the idea.

29 people voting in a poll is hardly a valid statistical sample size.

Well take it that way .. if on this remote corner of a forum we can find lets say 10 people .. that mean in the outside many more would. simple.

I guess it's also hardly read from the dev I could imagine.. ;) well time will provide. but I'm just perplex on things..From my point of view there are things that are just wrong on flight characteristics not even related to pure physics that are not corrected even with warnings.. Lagg3 here is a perfect example I cannot say for the 109 but for Russian wings aircraft.. yes. Anyway this was and it is for an other thread.

I'm glad we will have at list for starter the possibility to fly in an IL2 with a gunner ( male or female )

Edited by GOZR

Voting "no" for this poll' as for the reasons Mikha gave.

I dont expect a success that would justify the time and effort such a plane would need to create.

777 is a small team and must make the most of a new plane it can get, and i doubt a lotta would spend like ten extra bugs for a trainee ac.

However i can surely follow the reasons given pro for a trainee