Han

Developer Diary 202 - Discussion

Just now, Han said:
Hello everybody,

While, as you know, we're working on several projects at once, today we'll tell you about our the current main one - Bodenplatte. The most important new tech we're developing for it is the FM improvement to take into account the air compressibility and its influence on the aircraft stability and handling that is noticeable at high speeds.

Meanwhile, our artists are working on several 3D models simultaneously (some are nearly complete and the work on others has just begun): Bf 109 K-4, Me 262 A-1, P-47D-28, Fw 190 D-9, Hawker Tempest Mk.V and P-51D-25.

Since the words are best followed with visuals, today we can show you the WIP screenshots of Messerschmitt Bf 109 K-4 'Kurfürst', Republic P-47D-28 'Thunderbolt' and Focke-Wulf Fw 190 D-9 'Langnasen-Dora':

Our map designers also have something to show you today. In Dev Blog #193 we presented the early European map prototype. At the moment, th designers are working on the road network and settlements.

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

• Like 12
  • Thanks 7
  • Upvote 9

Improved fidelity, sounds great.:salute:

Edited by L3Pl4K
  • Upvote 1

Thank you! Very nice!

Can't wait to fly the K4 here.

Also the Pic's are stunning and the town has an european vive (Windmills!)
About the A8 it is really nice, does this means we will maybe get the bubble canpoy modification?

Kind regards

• Upvote 2

Question about the town designer tool and methods: Will this open the possibility of having the town (or rather, parts of the town) be switchable through states like: untouched, bombed, burning, in ruins? So a campaign can really see the accumulating effects of the war on a town as it's gradually reduced to rubble and while burning at night (think of the raids on german towns in the later war as an example)?

Edited by Mauf
  • Upvote 10

Awesome news.

Nice updates. Cant wait for further updates.

Thank you for updating the A-8 to remove or add weapons. I know many Sturmböcke removed their 13 mm guns.

These are fantastic news. Now the A-8 becomes a real workhorse of the Luftwaffe.

Edited by Yankee_One
  • Upvote 3

Wonderful and much appreciated update.  The town looks amazing. Will buildings be modeled to show damage? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mauf said:

Question about the town designer tool and methods: Will this open the possibility of having the town be switchable through states like: untouched, bombed, burning, in ruins? So a campaign can really see the accumulating effects of the war on a town as it's gradually reduced to rubble and while burning at night (think of the raids on german towns in the later war as an example)?

Yes, towns on BP map will be damageable, during the mission or initialy by mission design.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 9
  • Upvote 14

That is a very nice A-8 upgrade. Looking forward to that extra heavy loadout. And the new cockpits look fantastic. That might be the cleanest 3D work yet. Absolutely amazing.

Thanks for the update! It's so nice to see that you really listen to the suggestions from the il2 community and implement a lot of those into the game. Thumbs up!

2 questions : 

- the FM improvement to take into account the air compressibility and its influence on the aircraft stability and handling that is noticeable at high speeds

Does that mean that we'll get another FM update for all planes already released, where high speed handling will be improved / better modeled? Or is it just for the new (bobp) aircraft?

We also decided to improve the recently released Fw 190 A-8

Beyond the added modifications - for which i am grateful! -, does this mean that you guys will look into the thermodynamics of the engine (running very hot compared to A5), it's timer limits (for example 3 min for 1.42ata net to 10min for 1.65ata) or the drag on the plane by the panzerblitz rockets?*

* see several post scattered over the forum

• Upvote 7

Just now, =FSB=HandyNasty said:

- the FM improvement to take into account the air compressibility and its influence on the aircraft stability and handling that is noticeable at high speeds

Does that mean that we'll get another FM update for all planes already released, where high speed handling will be improved / better modeled? Or is it just for the new (bobp) aircraft?

You may have wandered will the new tech work for the existing aircraft released before - it certainly will, we always update all aircraft to take advantage of the new tech so they all have the same modeling fidelity.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Diggun said:

Everything gets the FM update.

Finally it's going to be modelled corectley when i push my Dr.1 transsonic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 15

The town looks really good. Compared to the most towns and villages at the eastern front, it looks much more natural and somehow chaotic, in a good way. No pattern or repetitive blocks. The most european towns and cities were never planned on a drafting table but they grew like organisms.

OMG!! This is a great DD!! That K4 is something I’m really looking forward to and the BoBP map!! Thanks devs for all your hard work!!😀🔥😍

Is that K4 in 4K? Also that European map looks way better than the Normandy map available from another company. Can't wait for the next update! 

Simply amazing. The fact cities will be destructible over time is quite unexpected. This may be the biggest news of the day. Looking forward to the updates and the stable of aircraft. As mentioned earlier, will the F8 get a bubble canopy option?

Thanks for this. It will put some of the unnecessary whining from the last DD to bed.

7 minutes ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

The fact cities will be destructible over time is quite unexpected. 

I understood it more that it is up to a city designer to set a city as damaged or intact. (maybe even scalable) But it would not carry over just like that without some dedicated script. I think this feature is already available. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The Early European town looks very good.

Regards terrain surface: The surface of blank fields in BOX is very rough. It is very difficult to ditch a Dr1 or SPAD on these fields without crashing. It would be nice to keep the empty fields a little smoother so the WW I planes could land and not crash.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 216th_Jordan said:

I understood it more that it is up to a city designer to set a city as damaged or intact. (maybe even scalable) But it would not carry over just like that without some dedicated script. I think this feature is already available. Correct me if I'm wrong.

This is also what I understood. Not destructible like an FPS or even Tank Crew.

7 minutes ago, 216th_Jordan said:

1 minute ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

This is also what I understood. Not destructible like an FPS or even Tank Crew.

check what Han said an hour ago ;) 

1 hour ago, Han said:

Yes, towns on BP map will be damageable, during the mission or initialy by mission design.

• Upvote 1

Freaking AWESOME.

Again.....

You guys rock like no-one ever did!!!!!

Question: does "reduced ring stabilizers" for the 190 mean reduced engine cowling armor?

Great to hear the 190 A-8 is getting an upgrade!

I'm really looking forward to Battle of Bodenplatte as it's the first WW2 combat flight simulator game to have the Western Front 44-45 since Combat Flight Simulator 3 which was released back in 2002. I'm happy at what they're doing with the Fw 190 A-8 because I don't think the G-8 has ever been made in a WW2 simulation until now.

5 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

Question: does "reduced ring stabilizers" for the 190 mean reduced engine cowling armor?

Great to hear the 190 A-8 is getting an upgrade!

just a guess, but i think this is referring to the 1000kg bomb
SC1000_-_lrg0153.jpg<--- this

Edited by 6./ZG26_Asgar
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Han said:

Ohhh baby.  Cool!