HFG_Hunger

Another two questions (Proximity Trgr / Bomber Flight) [SOLVED]

Hey guys, 

I have to ask another two questions (Again, a COOP mission):

1.) My Proximity Trigger seems not to work correctly. It should fire if the player flight closes in to a friendly bomber formation (closer then 1200m).

I set it up as follows:

Player Flight (here the leading 109) <----- OL ----- Proximity Trigger ----- OL -----> JU88 Flight leader 

Proximity Trigger ----- TL -----> Timer 2 Sek ----- TL -----> Subtitle

Advanced Options:

1200 closer

Everything set to false

Nothing happens when I'm closin into the bomber formation

2.) The JU88 Formation leader (6 ships) is always faster then the rest. the other 5 ju88s just cant keep up with him, is there some kind of trick? When the JU88 flight arrives at the rendezvous point, the flight leader is 6km ahead of the rest. 

- Command formation fires up at their first WP with a 15 Sek timer

- From takeoff to rendezvous point approx 40km, altitude 3000m

I'm sitting here the whole day and slowly gettin completely retarded here

Edited by HFG_Hunger

1. Your text will never fire because you already have axis planes in the proximity. You'll have to rethink that logic, or not have it fire. (Maybe have the bombers wait at a waypoint until the player(s) get to that point. To verify players have entered the area, use a complex trigger for the players' plane only.)

image.png.8c788fca01003362805ba4d73faeb54d.png

2. Probably need to break the ai formations into two different groups with two different waypoints and so on.

Edited by [TWB]Sketch
  • Thanks 1

Axis is set to false, so that the proximity trigger should check Plane A <-> Plane B distance. Just doesnt work for me. 

EDIT: As well as with a russion flight incoming. Same thing. 

Edited by HFG_Hunger

Proximity Trigger is checking to see what's true is within proximity - it doesn't check to see if plane a is closer/farther from plane b. So if you have everything set to false, then the proximity trigger will never fire. 😄 If you want the trigger to fire, you do have to give the proximity trigger something to look for.

image.png.dadf8959dce59ac503bab9ef3527726f.png

This will never work, because it has nothing to check.

image.png.9059d0f23f1a78273c86727b15fd7894.png

This one will only check for Allied planes entering 1000m to the object linked to the proximity.

image.png.2c1fa789592cc1c393eb4a2d1084de46.png

This one will check for Axis planes and vehicles within the proximity area.

(This is how I understand it, and if I'm wrong please enlighten me.)

Edited by [TWB]Sketch

Actually, the setup in the OP is correct. You can object link the prox. trigger to the objects you want to detect and the trigger will ignore other objects. Mind you, I have not tested this in a co-op, just single player. Attached is a single player demo mission for the proximity trigger, object linked to your plane and the bomber leader. An AI FW190 is already within 1,000m (the proximity setting) of the bombers and you are outside the proximity. Once you close to within 1,000m, a message appears.

JimTMTestProximityTrigger.zip

Edited by JimTM
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, JimTM said:

Actually, the setup in the OP is correct. You can object link the prox. trigger to the objects you want to detect and the trigger will ignore other objects. Mind you, I have not tested this in a co-op, just single player. Attached is a single player demo mission for the proximity trigger, object linked to your plane and the bomber leader. An AI FW190 is already within 1,000m (the proximity setting) of the bombers and you are outside the proximity. Once you close to within 1,000m, a message appears.

JimTMTestProximityTrigger.zip

Okay, my Plane is getting detected by the bombers now. They shoot a Flare as well as a subtitle shows up. 

BUT it doesent seem to work with enemy planes. 

Did the exact same thing with a group of russian P40. The subtitle fires at mission start. Is there a difference if blue <-> red is the case?

5 hours ago, HFG_Hunger said:

Okay, my Plane is getting detected by the bombers now. They shoot a Flare as well as a subtitle shows up. 

BUT it doesent seem to work with enemy planes. 

Did the exact same thing with a group of russian P40. The subtitle fires at mission start. Is there a difference if blue <-> red is the case?

What planes did you change to P-40s? All?

In my mission, I changed the fighters to Yak-1s and the message appeared as before.

Hey JimTM, sorry I lost my sight on this topic here. 

Blue Flight (JU88 Flight Leader) -----OL---- > Proximity Trigger <----OL----- Red Flight (P40 Flight Leader)

Proximity Trigger -----TL----> Timer Trigger (5s) -----TL----> Subtitle

Everything set to "False", Closer than 1500m

=

Subtitle fires at mission start. 

- Are the flight leaders more than 1500m apart to start?

- Did you select the Proximity Type checkbox (closer)?

- FYI, you do not need the five-second timer unless you want the delay before the subtitle is shown.

- To be accurate, I assume you also have a target link from some other MCU to the prox. trigger, otherwise, the trigger doesn't work at all.

1.) Yes they are

2.) Yes I did

3.) Thank you!

4.) Yes everything is set up well and works absolutely fine blue <-> blue. But blue <-> red fires directly at mission start

Can you post your mission please.

7 hours ago, HFG_Hunger said:

Sure I will when I'm back home, thank you!

I got your PM. I'll take a look.

As per my PM to you:

If you activate plane objects linked to a proximity trigger, you have to wait for the activation to complete before you trigger the proximity MCU. I'll update the editor manual accordingly. 

I have attached a simple test mission with a 2x counter that is triggered once the He111s and Yaks are activated. The counter triggers the proximity MCU.

hbbmoskaukampagne - Test Prox 2.zip

Edited by JimTM
  • Thanks 1