Han

Developer Diary 201 - Discussion

Just now, Han said:
Hello everybody,

Today's Dev Blog is dedicated to the development made in our community. -DED- online squadron worked on implementing the online campaign functionality as an addition to our multiplayer mode for some time now. You can already play the working campaign on their server. Having accumulated a ton of experience on this matter, -DED- team decided to share it with other community members - perhaps this would be a good incentive for other multiplayer enthusiasts. So here is their guide:

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 7

That's a lot of tech-talk 😋. Probably not as sexy as P-47/D9 pictures, but it's good to know that the core of the game keeps improving on all levels!

Grt M

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

Why the NDA?

2. Mission templates editor (it can be obtained from the developers if you’re serious about hosting an online war server and are willing to sign the NDA).

3. Mission generator (obtainable by NDA, see above).

Thanks! Although no new "content" news, this is very useful for Il-2! is this different from what we have played on servers like TAW?

Awesome work! Very very much appreciated :)

Heroic effort -DED- :salute:

Now to try and take this all in...

Thanks for this news.

That's really a big step forward.

Thanks to -DED- for their efforts and for sharing them with the community!

:drinks:

Mike

• Upvote 3

Not exactly what I was hoping to see for a DD but still cool. Will probably use the info when creating my own server once Bodenplatte releases. 

• Upvote 1

not visually sexy but very interesting, if a little technical for a simple boy like me. Good stuff!

1 minute ago, Psyrion said:

Does this mean they will run the Random Expert server again?

And sort out the sad state off affairs that is DeD normal???

Well I was hoping for some screenshots, we're all craving for new content as usual and as you might expect^^

This should be pinned somewhere for the people who manage servers, I can't say I find it very interesting but that surely is a good initiative.

• Upvote 2

Great news. Virtual fronts are one of the most important factors making the game really alive.

I hope there will be an option to turn off a technochat for server administrators.

Thanks for the work, i really look forward to see even more quality servers like in old Il2. They make the experience truly memorable. Not only the new planes.

Great work guys.

Keep up like that!

Edited by MicEzo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

To be honest that stuff is waaaaayyyy above my paygrade. But kudos to all those who understand it and can make it work. And extra Kudos to DED for making it happen in the first place.

Edited by csThor
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Is there any way of letting more than 5 players spawn into a server at one time? I heard that ACG ran a campaign night and it took over half-an-hour before their players could start?

14 minutes ago, csThor said:

waaaaayyyy above my paygrade

honestly the people that work on this stuff and or implement it into a polished work SHOULD be getting paid.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

Online stuff...  what... does... it... all... mean???    🙉🙈🙊

Nothing to 99.9% of the playerbase.:(

• Upvote 2

Although didn't manage to read the who post with my work weary eyes, sounds pretty much what we have been doing on our server for a long time (with Java) :)

Nice to see but most won't be able to utilize it. 

What would be extremely helpful to the community is if someone took this type of information and developed a 3rd party app similar to IL-2 1946's Lowengrin's Dynamic Campaign Generator (DCG).  It was simple enough to use for many players, yet contained enough variables and parameters to build fairly complex campaigns for mp.  No requests for templates nor NDAs required.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Nice update, however way above my level of expertise. I am sure many will really enjoy it!

• Haha 1

Many thanks for devs and people from -DED-

I'm sure this knowledge will pays off in the future and clear the patch for other server creators.

( BTW. Why some people are so dissatisfied with the update? I can see something like that for the first time. Who could even expect DD just a week after the previous one? It's not so easy to prepare quality DD, it takes time of crucial devellopers and detaches them from work. Shame on you. )

Edited by bies
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

update is great as always. It was joke. cool down

as Han said " for multiplayer enthusiasts" and as I dont play MP and I cant create missions in mission builder its too hard to understand this DD to me.

There is nothing bad in this DD :salute:

Edited by Voidhunger

Multiplayer is the reason I've put over 200 hours into the game in a few short months, and spent hundreds of dollars on it. Always nice to see it being taken seriously.

• Upvote 2

I confess I don't understand half of what is talked about, but I appreciate the news that online gaming is in the focus to be optimized. On the other hand does that mean we won't see any news about some sexy planes this august? P47 EA release, new tanks, new FC1 biplanes? Tap, tap, tap,... take your time...I can wait...no I can't...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, sevenless said:

I confess I don't understand half of what is talked about, but I appreciate the news that online gaming is in the focus to be optimized.

+1

Im happy for the MP guys to have some news

DED guys made a nice job. I really like the DED campaing and i miss it. On the other hand is not an information i was expecting on a DD where we shoud see progress from the team and not material done by the comunity contributors

Edited by E69_geramos109