Murleen

[MOD] Mannable navigator position in A-20B

Hi all,

Here's a little mod which allows you to enter the navigator/bombadier's position in the nose of the A-20B. You can't really do anything except look out of the windows, but the view is nice :)

Spoiler

2018_8_17__22_35_28.thumb.jpg.af2b7daa051320f2b471946bf80741af.jpg2018_8_17__22_36_33.thumb.jpg.e3a5a2804195a67aabbdc9e8351eb2ce.jpg

2018_8_17__22_37_3.thumb.jpg.eaa139c706b1f9ef7bcde9ad85c01618.jpg

The interior is quite low detail, as the model wasn't designed to have a player inside it.

Grab it here: https://github.com/Murleen/NavigatorMod/archive/v0.3.zip, JSGME compatible

Changelog:

0.3: Updated for 3.201 compatibility

0.2: Release for compatibility with 3.012b

0.1: Initial release

Edited by Murleen
0.3 release made
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 12

VERY nice! The detail of the pit may not be great but this is a great beginning. I hope the Dev's take this further such as bombardier site mod or more.

Wow, interesting mod!:salute:

Could this be done for the Pe 2?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What fun..It was pretty disappointing that the Havoc didn’t have this position available when first introduced.I hope eventually we’ll have detailed pit but this is a good stand-in in the meantime...thanks

whoa - WHAT is that guy doing in there!!?  This is what happens when the devs lock the little people in places no one is supposed to go!

I think having a fully realised nose position would have been a great and a fun thing for multi human crewing as well as single crewing - Arthurs vid shows it off nicely. . Sadly I suspect there are more than a few who will cry about its development being a waste of time and it'll never go further.. Each to their own I guess. 

Nice Mod!!

Just discovered this - very nice - always bugged me a little you couldn't man that spot - even with nothing to do except look out. Feels more complete now...:cool:

Hi  ,
Thanks for sharing, it's fantastic ...:good:.
it is a pity that the servers do not allow it and in the game they did not implement it originally.:dash:

regards

Install using JSGME, then the A-20 will basically have an extra gunner position (with no gun) for the navigator/bombadier position 

• Like 1

I've updated this mod to work with the latest game version

• Thanks 5
  • Upvote 1

Luuuuve this mod Murleen. Picking out landmarks is a HUGE improvement when doing navigation exercises. Thanks for your time do develop and share this. 

Mine has stopped working.  At first I thought it might be a conflict between the 'Historically Accurate German Markings' Mod as it modify's the shared (?) files "data\swf\il2\worldobjects" and "data\swf\il2\worldobjects\planes".  But taking out the Historical Markings Mod did not did not activate the Navigator mod.  (I took both out, restarted the game then reactivated the Navigator mod w/o the Markings Mod).  The Historical Markings Mod still works though with or without the Navigator mod activated.

Is this a result of the latest update?  Does anyone else have this problem?  Is there is a fix?  I had fun watching the world go by from that station.

I've updated the first post in this thread with a new release to work with 3.201.

• Thanks 2

T H A N K   Y O U !!!

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 3:10 PM, Murleen said:

I've updated the first post in this thread with a new release to work with 3.201.

Thanks for the update - yours and historical skins are the only mods I run....