DetCord12B

Custom Tank Crew Textures

Posted (edited)

This one is more of a test bed for custom texture elements. I've added mud and dirt along the skirt, fore and aft along the hull, wheels, and on the undercarriage. I've also implemented custom panel distressing, wear, and some immersion elements, although rather simplistic.

• Drop into your mods folder and activate via a mod enabler of your choice. Replaces the Das Reich skin.

DOWNLOAD  

Lu4vJ5C.png

uvBRABK.png

I6y7zKC.png

zffU5hr.png

Edited by DetCord12B
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 10

Very much like the weathering on this one. Any chance of some Wehrmacht skins? 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, thenorm said:

Very much like the weathering on this one. Any chance of some Wehrmacht skins? 

I've used the Waffen SS as a base for these solely because info popped up easily, so it was the obvious choice. But yea, the Wehrmacht PzD's will be featured with Großdeutschland being the first to leave the factory upon release of the templates.

EDIT - I do have to complete some KV's that were requested. So it all depends upon what I get done and in what order.

Edited by DetCord12B

Awesome stuff! That looks incredible.

Shame that mods on is required to run it though?  (I'm almost only in MP).

13 hours ago, =EXPEND=Tripwire said:

Awesome stuff! That looks incredible.

Shame that mods on is required to run it though?  (I'm almost only in MP).

The mods on aspect will go away once the templates are released and the file structure is updated to enable skin usage.

• Thanks 1

On 7/22/2018 at 6:16 AM, DetCord12B said:

This one is more of a test bed for custom texture elements. I've added mud and dirt along the skirt, fore and aft along the hull, wheels, and on the undercarriage. I've also implemented custom panel distressing, wear, and some immersion elements, although rather simplistic.

• Drop into your mods folder and activate via a mod enabler of your choice.  

DOWNLOAD  

Lu4vJ5C.png

uvBRABK.png

I6y7zKC.png

zffU5hr.png

Really Beautiful!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Many thanks- hope to see more in the future!

BTW this was an accidental" find" over here at Screenshots, perhaps there should be a Tiger or Tank post over in skins?🧐

So I added all this dirt and mud to the tank itself but it still didn't seem quite right due to the tracks looking brand new. Remedied that. Well, working on it. Though this will have to be an mod that you can use, optional of course. The same textures will be applied to the KV as well.

Default tracks.

Lu4vJ5C.png

Dirty/muddy tracks.

7ECmh4w.png

aWk7xa9.png

3 hours ago, Blitzen said:

Many thanks- hope to see more in the future!

BTW this was an accidental" find" over here at Screenshots, perhaps there should be a Tiger or Tank post over in skins?🧐

I'm waiting to see if the templates/skins area or the TC sub-forum here gets its own section. I don't want to post anything until we get a definitive answer on how it's going to work.

• Like 4

Those treads look awesome. Nice find Sir. Love the boot tracks on the previous. You are an artist Sir.😀

S!Blade<><

I immediately downloaded & installed but after a very brief test on the Tiger in game I couldn’t seem to find it working.I thought it might take the place of the default skin.I was apparently wrong- does it take the place of one of the other skins??? Thanks again!😍

4 hours ago, Blitzen said:

I immediately downloaded & installed but after a very brief test on the Tiger in game I couldn’t seem to find it working.I thought it might take the place of the default skin.I was apparently wrong- does it take the place of one of the other skins??? Thanks again!😍

It replaces the Das Reich skin. 

I renamed the skin to

pzvih1_15

changed the last number to another one (it must be higher theb 3), in my case 15 and it works perfectly. With this  i have both skins enabled, i wanted both.

• Upvote 1

To DetCord12B:

Hi, sir.

Thank you for your job, it's amazing. I would like to create some skins myself, but I can not find bump files anywhere in the game folder (3d, purple dds files). So it's not a problem on an airplane, but I did not find it anywhere for the tanks. Could you please advise me.
Thank you. 

Very nice, awesome! Can you tell me, are the graphics as in the game now, the tanks interiors and exteriors, likely to change and be bit/bump mapped better and better lit in the future? I think now they look good, but now as good as they could be, the tank graphics look dated to me, however, I have bought the game, love it and will support it, just want to see a higher level of graphical quality.

Posted (edited)

Awesome skins!

Just a word of warning, though... you're definitely going to start getting the strangest skin requests you've ever seen. 

Basically, there exists a magical land of bizarreness called Japan. And one day, one Japanese tank enthusiast thought to themselves "hey, sports dramas are popular, anime is popular, and girls are popular. I should make the worst the best a TV show with all those things mixed with tanks".

Basically you're going to get a lot of requests for this.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20170211183331&format=original

I... I'm definitely not a fan of this show. I certainly haven't watched it multiple times, I swear.

Edited by FFS_Cybermat47
  • Haha 2

On 7/27/2018 at 1:34 AM, BP_Iceman said:

To DetCord12B:

Hi, sir.

Thank you for your job, it's amazing. I would like to create some skins myself, but I can not find bump files anywhere in the game folder (3d, purple dds files). So it's not a problem on an airplane, but I did not find it anywhere for the tanks. Could you please advise me.
Thank you. 

The bump maps are located in the Vehicles1.gtp file (XX>vehicles>Tank Type>textures).

On 7/27/2018 at 2:07 AM, ingsoc84 said:

Very nice, awesome! Can you tell me, are the graphics as in the game now, the tanks interiors and exteriors, likely to change and be bit/bump mapped better and better lit in the future? I think now they look good, but now as good as they could be, the tank graphics look dated to me, however, I have bought the game, love it and will support it, just want to see a higher level of graphical quality.

I have no idea if they're going to change as I'm not on the development team. You could certainly upscale them from their 1K or 2K res to 4K and build them from scratch if you were so inclined.

7 hours ago, FFS_Cybermat47 said:

Awesome skins!

Just a word of warning, though... you're definitely going to start getting the strangest skin requests you've ever seen. 

Basically, there exists a magical land of bizarreness called Japan. And one day, one Japanese tank enthusiast thought to themselves "hey, sports dramas are popular, anime is popular, and girls are popular. I should make the worst the best a TV show with all those things mixed with tanks".

Basically you're going to get a lot of requests for this.

Reveal hidden contents

latest?cb=20170211183331&format=original

I... I'm definitely not a fan of this show. I certainly haven't watched it multiple times, I swear.

Not happening, mate. Ever. :biggrin:

Thanks for the reply. unfortunately, I am not able to open this file in any of my known programs. Even links from the web did not help.
  Any tip how to open file ??? Thanks

58 minutes ago, BP_Iceman said:

Thanks for the reply. unfortunately, I am not able to open this file in any of my known programs. Even links from the web did not help.

Interested to know too. Want to create the 502 s.panzerabteilung.

On 7/29/2018 at 11:17 AM, BP_Iceman said:

23 hours ago, mAIOR said:

Interested to know too. Want to create the 502 s.panzerabteilung.

This is a separate texture depicting 2.Co Pz.Abt. Frankreich #211. It's an ahistorical camo scheme as it features the Hinterhalt pattern not seen until later in the war and only then typically in the west, though not very well depicted IMHO. It's more akin to the texture provided in the first post as a test-bed for the muddy variant. However, this version features the dirty/worn/muddy tracks option that will eventually be released as a standalone mod. Just putting it out there for testing purposes.

DOWNLOAD

ktEbKsw.png

AfXwyXK.png

dJAukyX.png

• Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

Hi Det,

thanks for another great skin ( s. Panzerabteilung 506) , even if its not 100% historical . I love the dirty tracks!!!!!!😁

If you dont mind i have question belonging the rubber on the wheels.

Its never, i say never critism from my part.

Is this intended that the rubbers have camo  when viewing from the side.

Thanks and salute!

Edited by Yankee_One

10 hours ago, Yankee_One said:

If you dont mind i have question belonging the rubber on the wheels.

Its never, i say never critism from my part.

Is this intended that the rubbers have camo  when viewing from the side.

Without a template this is just the way it is. I could certainly go in and cut, duplicate, and paste the missing parts from one texture to these (and have for a few parts) but that would take an incredibly long time for all of them. For that reason alone I'm not going to do it for something as simple as these interim skins. The template will alleviate issues like these though as they're layered properly. 

Stand by to stand by as we say. :salute:  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DetCord12B said:

Without a template this is just the way it is. I could certainly go in and cut, duplicate, and paste the missing parts from one texture to these (and have for a few parts) but that would take an incredibly long time for all of them. For that reason alone I'm not going to do it for something as simple as these interim skins. The template will alleviate issues like these though as they're layered properly. 

Stand by to stand by as we say. :salute:  

Hi DetCord,

actually, all Tiger wheels share the same texture :

Tigre.thumb.jpg.e7a73ac53a664f808f9c9f34e15491fd.jpg

Located here on the default skin :

skinTiger.thumb.jpg.f4b782f092c77c438356c4dcb0988f13.jpg

On 8/1/2018 at 3:41 PM, Pierre64 said:

Hi DetCord,

Yeah, I know. 

His comment however was directed at the tanks wheels and how these haphazard skins I've made do not feature the rubberized wheel sections.  

So I've also tried a couple of skins. They are more generic than exact replicas. Without proper templates, it's more like guessing where it is. 
But perhaps it will make your game a little bit more varied. Thanks again for helping to open "gtp" files.

tankskins.jpg?ver=0tankskins1.jpg?ver=0tankskins3.jpg?ver=0tankskins4.jpg?ver=0tankskins6.jpg?ver=0And little more heretankskins5.jpg?ver=0

• Upvote 5

13 hours ago, BP_Iceman said:

So I've also tried a couple of skins. They are more generic than exact replicas. Without proper templates, it's more like guessing where it is. 
But perhaps it will make your game a little bit more varied. Thanks again for helping to open "gtp" files.

Nothing easy about it that's for sure. Hopefully, one day, we'll get the templates. 

Still, the parts are spread all over the place. This isn't going to be like tossing some digital paint on a 109 or Yak. It's going to require a lot of time and dedication.

do we have access to the sight textures?

if so, how and where?

tanking may well be my new favourite thing.

On 8/1/2018 at 1:41 PM, Pierre64 said:

Hi DetCord,

Tigre.thumb.jpg.e7a73ac53a664f808f9c9f34e15491fd.jpg

Located here on the default skin :

skinTiger.thumb.jpg.f4b782f092c77c438356c4dcb0988f13.jpg

omg - that is so disappointing.

On 8/8/2018 at 6:03 PM, Jason_Williams said:

The templates have been available for a week now.

Jason

Right you are. Apologies mate.

That said, where do custom textures do go? I ask because I don't see a directory for them unless you're using the mods option.

18 hours ago, chuter said:

omg - that is so disappointing.

It's not a big deal honestly. They're rotated and randomized to such an extent that it really doesn't matter.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, DetCord12B said:

That said, where do custom textures do go? I ask because I don't see a directory for them unless you're using the mods option.

In "skins", just create two folders :

_kv1s

and

_pzvi-h1

(Don't forget underscore).

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, DetCord12B said:

Right you are. Apologies mate.

It's not a big deal honestly. They're rotated and randomized to such an extent that it really doesn't matter.

It means you have to modify the model to get rid of the first outboard wheel though, I would imagine.

7 hours ago, chuter said:

It means you have to modify the model to get rid of the first outboard wheel though, I would imagine.

Even if you would delete it using the alpha, it would be invisible but still cast shadows because it wouldn't actually be gone. 

On 8/6/2018 at 12:46 AM, BP_Iceman said:

tankskins.jpg?ver=0tankskins1.jpg?ver=0tankskins3.jpg?ver=0tankskins4.jpg?ver=0tankskins6.jpg?ver=0And little more heretankskins5.jpg?ver=0

Any chance of Tiger 332 of Panzer-Abteilung 503? I just finished the Tamiya 1/35 kit two weeks agoand have grown close to her 😍  I noticed in your skin pack you have a Panzergrau 321 that is already pretty close. Nice skin collection, looking forward to more!

TIGER 332

B2HWVcY.jpg

sWHWJlX.jpg

nbqD7L6.jpg