DetCord12B

Feature Requests for Tank Crew

Thought perhaps the developers could benefit from some community involvement with regards to requested features, within reason and doable within budget of course. Post away. Though lets leave dismounted infantry out of these requests. It's been asked and answered numerous times as to why it most likely isn't happening.

For me, these are quite necessary for not only immersion but proper operation of the armored vehicles themselves.

1) Russian and German crew voices:

• Callouts for spotted enemy positions and vehicles etc.
  • Commands - Forward, halt, left, back etc.
  • Ambient crew notifications - Round missed, deflected, hit, vehicle destroyed, main gun reloaded <---(That's a big one IMHO) etc.

2) While I highly doubt TC will feature breakdowns and thrown tracks, I'd at least like to see miring during inclement weather.

3) 3D crew models when turned out. Just like we have for the aircraft.

Things I'd like to see but aren't necessary, for me that is.

1) Crew bailouts.

2) Turret mounted MG's (Commander position) for when turned out.

3) Range cards for ammo types that can be opened in the sim. Say via an option when looking at the map/briefing screen.

5) Mobile logistics units for refueling, rearming, and repairs.

• Upvote 7

id love to be able to dismount and "walk about" even with no model, it would be great to take over another AI vehicle/Aircraft

• Like 1

Personal hopes of mine:

1) Ability to open and close hatch and change position within the turret independently, i.e. opening the commander's hatch while staying under armor

2) Ability to swap crew positions in the event that someone is wounded or killed, say bringing the TC down to the gunner's seat if necessary (though, more realistically, if someone was wounded or killed, the crew would probably be bailing out)

3) A modification system on par with the aircraft in the sim, at least. Things like the AA MG mount on the Tiger, schurtzen and similar applique armor, maybe some cosmetic-only stuff like sandbags and logs and the like

4) A functional gun stabilizer on the M4A2. Not sure if lend-lease tanks were equipped with them (the only source I can find on it says they were, but provides no evidence to back it up), and the time frame would mean it'd likely be a first generation stabilizer- so, before the gremlins were worked out- but I feel like that'd add a really interesting capability to that tank

I'd also kind of like for crew positions not occupied by the player to have some degree of AI functionality, but I understand that may be difficulty to implement. The voice callouts thing you have as your number one request, specifically with regards to gun and ammo status, is really required IMO. Even if it's just as simple as following the current "loading" sound effect with a call of "UP"/"LOADED" in German/Russian, maybe with the round type on the first round loaded after switching ammo types, would really take the guess work out of playing without the information panel on. 

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Don't know if they model the players hit box when turned out, but having an open-protected option for turning out would be good, stick you head out only far enough to peek over the lip rather than standing exposed to the belt buckle.

Also having the way kes act as more of an ordered speed control when playing Gunner/TC rather than like FPS control would be nice. (IE tap once to have the driver move forward slow, tap again for a bit faster, and the driver will hold this speed untill ordered to halt. This could be a sliding scale a la Red Orchestra, or a set of notches a la Steel Fury.)

@skeleboners, what vehicles in the current lineup would be suitable for AA MG mounts aside from the M4? Never seen one on Panzer IV Ausf G, Panther D or Tiger I early, and the Soviets didn't use them much, have seen occasionally them on KVs, but usually earlier ones, don't recall ever seeing one on a 1S.

Edited by thenorm

13 minutes ago, thenorm said:

@skeleboners, what vehicles in the current lineup would be suitable for AA MG mounts aside from the M4? Never seen one on Panzer IV Ausf G, Panther D or Tiger I early, and the Soviets didn't use them much, have seen occasionally them on KVs, but usually earlier ones, don't recall ever seeing one on a 1S.

The M4 is the only one that I know definitively. Tried to find photographic evidence of Tiger Is with the drum cupola with AA MG mounts, but I couldn't find any that couldn't be unambiguously distinguished from the cupola hatch. So, take that more as an example of a piece of equipment that could be mounted/dismounted from the modifications menu. 

Certainly, and it will come to be more useful as further expansions are made. Also to my understanding, on German tanks the intention was that the coax or hull mg would be used on the AA mount when on road marches,in but then demount it and re-install it to the coax position before an attack. So should the AA mount remove the mg from the coax? ;)

Suppose things like track types (winter and ostketten for the Germans, different shoe styles on the Americans) and Befelspanzer variants too.

Also, this Tiger 1 modification when? XD

FB_IMG_1531078294195.jpg

Posted (edited)

1) texture hit marks (when exactly the round hits and not this always same dmg textures)

2) hits viewer in game or in mission debrifing

3)fire and smoke inside the tanks, i hate this forced external view when your tank is destroyed

4) ricoched rounds from the enemy armor

5) not disappearing destroyed tanks and vehicles. (I think that tanks are not so cpu hungry, so we now can have wrecks on the batlefield during the whole mission)

6) no always explosions when the tank armor is penetrated, also enemy AT guns always end in explosion

7) not spawning enemy ! (thats absolutely priority!) How im suppose to surprise the enemy when they spawn 100 metres next to me in ckear vilage

Edited by Voidhunger
  • Upvote 2

Ronsons or Tommy cookers.  

Burning ammunition is both awe inspiring and terrifying, at the same time.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
  1. Realistic ammunition loadouts
    Rule of thumb for historical loadouts: >50% are HE, Shrapnel, etc.; <50% are anti-tank of which <10% could be APCR.
    APCR rounds were extremely valuable and no one would have taken the risk of losing many in case the tank itself is lost. Moreover, fielded units of both sides didn't have huge stocks of those rounds. Only if they were quite sure about encountering enemy heavy armor few rounds would have been handed out. HEAT wasn't common either.

2. Capture areas
    "Take/defend road junction/village XY" - Self-explanatory I guess.

3. "Intelligent" AI driver
    Order your driver to go straight ahead or plan a route on the map.

4. Crew equipment
    Binoculars and flare gun

5. Manual gear-shifting
    Self-explanatory I guess.

Things I'd like to see but aren't necessary:

• Working smoke dischargers and replaceable tank periscopes on certain tanks

• 6 hours ago, DetCord12B said:

Mobile logistics units for refueling, rearming, and repairs.

Not a feature but utmost important: Including the PT-4-7
All announced tanks of Soviet origin had two sights available to the gunner, the primary TMFD-7 telescopic sight and a PT-4-7 panorama sight. Currently the PT-4-7 is not accessible. It's very important being for example the main observation device available to the TC of a T-34-76 (without cupola).

=============================================

6 hours ago, DetCord12B said:

2) Turret mounted MG's (Commander position) for when turned out.

None of the tanks had those except for the M4A2

6 hours ago, DetCord12B said:

and thrown tracks

Already implemented. Had a Sd.Kfz. 251 firing a salvo of 28 cm Wk.Spr. at me, throwing off both tracks.

5 hours ago, Skeleboners said:

2) Ability to swap crew positions in the event that someone is wounded or killed, say bringing the TC down to the gunner's seat if necessary (though, more realistically, if someone was wounded or killed, the crew would probably be bailing out)

I sincerely hope this won't be included. As you figured yourself it's unrealistic.

5 hours ago, Skeleboners said:

4) A functional gun stabilizer on the M4A2. Not sure if lend-lease tanks were equipped with them (the only source I can find on it says they were, but provides no evidence to back it up), and the time frame would mean it'd likely be a first generation stabilizer- so, before the gremlins were worked out- but I feel like that'd add a really interesting capability to that tank

The Red Army didn't utilize the stabilizer, even US crews very rarely did. It should not be usable ingame. While being a fine piece of engineering at the time, it worked and was intended for use far off anything seen today. More of a "stop, take a quick shot and go again"-thing rather than firing on the move.

Edited by =27=Davesteu

Posted (edited)

1) Ammunition sliders instead of the current system

So we can choose specifically how many rounds to take

2)Limitations on certain ammo types
Rounds like APCR, HEAT and later APDS if we ever get the British were extremely rare and usually in the single digits in terms of number of rounds loaded. There were some exceptions most notably the British at later stages had relatively high % of APDS vs AP in a tank loadout

3) Better engine control
Current all the tanks work as if they have sequential gearboxes, e.g. you go 1st then 2nd then 3rd etc. In the Tiger (and Sherman) the tank was put into 2nd gear to start it moving, 1st Gear was a crawler only to be used on very rough terrain and hills. I propose to be able to manually control which gear we choose, at least when we are manning the driver position

4)  Revamped control system
In my opinion, since tanks are very different to planes, and other titles do this, tank controls should be a completely separate section to plane controls.

5) More advanced turret systems representation

Currently all tanks are mouse-aim point and click. In my opinion this should be removed and replaced by using axis/buttons. Mouse aim should be replaced with mouse joystick.

There should be an option to choose between power and manual traverse. This is important for Russian tanks because the powered traverse had no turret braking and hence could not be used for fine lay. A russian tank gunner has to constantly switch between power and manual to get the most

Notice how the turret continues to rotate due to the inertia when using power traverse

The Tiger should have it's variable traverse rate dependant on engine power modelled the current value (6deg/s) is for idling at 600rpm, at 1800rpm 8deg/s at 3000rpm 12deg/s

5)Turret should not return to transport position when switching out of gunner spot

This is just annoying.

Edited by RoflSeal
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Keys to load specific ammo, HE or AP, not just the "switch ammo" key, in order to be able to do that without having the instrument panel on.

• Platoon command and control by a player
  • Be able to command more than 1 tank platoon (Via map? Like SB or DCS)
  • Logistics (Ammo, Fuel, Repair)
  • Ability to jump in other functional tanks if yours is damaged or destroyed

Basically all the abilities of a tank sim since no good WWII ones exists.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, =27=Davesteu said:

I sincerely hope this won't be included. As you figured yourself it's unrealistic.

Not necessarily. I know US crews were specifically trained on all positions in the tank, partly to aid in crew rotation, partly to allow for crew members to replace wounded within their own tank. I've read anecdotes of crews soldiering on despite battle damage as well.

Also, from a purely gameplay perspective, unless a crew morale/bailing system is implemented, not being able to swap crew around in your tank means that you just don't have a specific function of your tank until you finally bite it, which isn't tremendously fun.

6 hours ago, =27=Davesteu said:

The Red Army didn't utilize the stabilizer, even US crews very rarely did. It should not be usable ingame. While being a fine piece of engineering at the time, it worked and was intended for use far off anything seen today. More of a "stop, take a quick shot and go again"-thing rather than firing on the move.

I'm well aware of the limitations of the Westinghouse stabilizer, but I'm also well aware of the post-war undeserved bashing its gotten (along with the Sherman in general). The first generation stabilizer (which we'd likely be getting based on the timeframe, if one is included) had some technical gremlins, but the largest hurdle to its use was the fact that basically nobody was trained to use them initially, and that units that either WERE trained, or had a wizkid gunner who figured it out on his own and then disseminated that information, had a marked increase in their combat performance.

I don't like the idea of disabling the equipment just because it wasn't widely made use of, if Lend-Lease Shermans had that capability I'd really prefer it be modeled. Once again looking at this in terms of a fun video game, it'd give the Sherman something to make it a more attractive pick over something like the T-34, considering most of the Sherman's real-life strong points are either not going to be represented in game (I doubt we'll be getting a maintenance minigame between missions), or are heavily counterbalanced by the type of fighting we'll likely be doing (a 75mm gunned Sherman is pretty unappealing in an environment where the emphasis will be on tank vs tank combat, and against the first of the German Big Cats and an up-gunned Panzer IV). 

• Like 2

I would like to see VR controller support added. The rift touch controllers have two thumbsticks that can be used for tank/turret movement and 10 buttons that could be utilized for other actions.I think this would be a better option for VR users over a mouse and keyboard.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, II./JG77_BlueCordBandit said:

I would like to see VR controller support added. The rift touch controllers have two thumbsticks that can be used for tank/turret movement and 10 buttons that could be utilized for other actions.I think this would be a better option for VR users over a mouse and keyboard.

Hell, not even that..  we really just need the VR headset to work better in crewed position both in tanks and the air.  Its clunky and barely tolerable..  the problem is you can see greatness in it.  So close guys

• Like 1

21 hours ago, =27=Davesteu said:
  1. Already implemented. Had a Sd.Kfz. 251 firing a salvo of 28 cm Wk.Spr. at me, throwing off both tracks.

Implemented via battle damage, yes. But I said thrown tracks.

• Like 1

Something I was thinking about while plinking away with my Tiger's 8.8cm like it was a low rate of fire autocannon- realistic degradation of reload times would be really nice. Once you burn through your ready rack, your rate of fire should decrease pretty drastically. Preferably there'd be a way to restow ammunition when the vehicle is halted somewhere safe. I think that'd add a pretty interesting component to selecting your tank, not only are you considering armor and firepower like you would in most tank games, but you've got ammo placement and availability to the loader to consider alongside visibility under armor.

• Upvote 8

I would recommend that tank commanders have the ability to call in air strikes and artillery fire against the opposing forces. This would accomplish two factors. Firstly, any enemy personnel ridding on or around enemy vehicles would have to dismount and take cover, thereby reducing the immediate threat to friendly forces.  Secondly, opposing tank crews would have to close tank hatches ("button up"), which would limit their ability to detect and return incoming anti-tank fire.

- Minefield  on the final map

- anti-tank ditch

- light armored tank ( or vehicle like SdkFz 222 for german or BA 64 for russian)  for recognition ! that will be great for multi players missions......ok i'm dreaming

-  logistics units for refueling, rearming, and repairs. (mobile or not)

- 3D crews models

• Upvote 2

On 7/21/2018 at 3:43 AM, DetCord12B said:

1) Russian and German crew voices:

• vehicle destroyed,

Not sure this should be important.

You should know (as a commander) enemy tank is destroyed or not, like:

- fire, smoke (explosion),

- turret cut-off,

- heavy penetration marks,

- no live signals (gun / turret not moving) 

On 7/21/2018 at 3:43 AM, DetCord12B said:

5) Mobile logistics units for refueling, rearming, and repairs.

This is quite interesting option, but how can you imagine that?

Click "help" and wait few minutes when track appear? And when destroyed - the next help?

Not sure the better option is jump to another vehicle..

Posted (edited)
  • Hit textures (simulating holes)  after action report (watch those marks). Keep watching the action (no go direct to menu) Jump to other tank (maybe this is already there)
  • 3D crew (heads up) no need super fancy animations. Nice like the plane ones.
  • Open hatches but can keep traveling without the head up
  • Voices reporting situation and orders
  • Binoculars
  • No auto gears (while in driver position) Something basic like in "car games".
  • Possibility of killing those running soldiers with machine gun
  • Extreme petition: Can "walk" outside the tank/planes. Just saw that in "Train Sim world" and jumping into locos is nice. No need for climb animations or crazy stuff.

Thanks! Loving the game, want to love it even more :dance:

Edited by Fercyful
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Fercyful said:
  • Hit textures (simulating holes)  after action report (watch those marks). Keep watching the action (no go direct to menu) Jump to other tank (maybe this is already there)
  • 3D crew (heads up) no need super fancy animations. Nice like the plane ones.
  • Open hatches but can keep traveling without the head up
  • Voices reporting situation and orders
  • Binoculars
  • No auto gears (while in driver position) Something basic like in "car games".
  • Possibility of killing those running soldiers with machine gun
  • Extreme petition: Can "walk" outside the tank/planes. Just saw that in "Train Sim world" and jumping into locos is nice. No need for climb animations or crazy stuff.

Thanks! Loving the game, want to love it even more :dance:

I think heard will be implemented. Dev team said that they want more than "press w" to operate your tank efficiently. I imagine if they add engine damage and thrown tracks it will make it mandatory. But then when you are in commander position you should have AI working for you too which raises the question of how efficient should the AI be. Too good and you remove the need to multicrew but too inept and you are at a massive disadvantage if you don't have anyone with you. I would love proper Tank Commander role to be implemented with the ability to relay orders. I used to play iPanzer 44 back in the day and it had these features. It was a funny game that one.

Separate control scheme is a must as well as the open hatch but protected position.

Something like standing - what we have how

crouching - just the head out

prone - inside completely but hatch still unbuttoned.

Ability to kill infantry with MG is a must but the whole infantry AI needs massive rework. That is the thing that I am really looking forward to seeing. Infantry being a proper threat. That way when you approach a village your commander may be snipped from 600m away by an infantry sniper. Or your tracks blown off by anti tank rifles.

• Upvote 1

Wonder if we will get enough gunnery controls in the SU-152/122 to effectively indirect fire. Could see that being great fun in conjunction with a PO-2 as spotter.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, thenorm said:

Wonder if we will get enough gunnery controls in the SU-152/122 to effectively indirect fire. Could see that being great fun in conjunction with a PO-2 as spotter.

Good question, with the hud on we pretty much have everything we need already but if there is no hud in some servers then it's going to be more difficult. We'll need an azimuth indicator, and gunner/elevation quadrant to be able to tell where the gun is facing and it's elevation in order to get proper fire on target.

Posted (edited)

I would like to see many of the things added already mentioned:

On 7/25/2018 at 2:55 AM, mAIOR said:

Along with those mentioned above by Maior, I would like to see:

1. ONE dedicated key to move between the 4 postions, to cycle through, thus, one key hit brings you to the next position, with the 4th hit completing the cycle, just easier and NOT a multi keystroke funcition...also

2. ONE key to "nestle" into each crew position, that is, to see through the gunners scope, Mg guns, etc.

3. Much better tank interior graphics, better textured, light etc, they look 10 years old, Im assuming this will come in time as its a work in progress, but it needs to look, the tank exterior too, at least as good as the tanks in Post Scriptum they look gorgeous.

Thats it for now, but more Im sure to think of. I bought the game, have about 10 hours into it

4. Add GOOD 3d crew head/bodies out through the hatch, there is no reason this cant be done and done well.-

5.  Smoke discharge or at least smoke rounds

Edited by ingsoc84
Add more
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Different power traverse speeds depending on the rpm/engine state. (currently the Tiger seems to traverse at the same speed no matter the rpm or if the engine is off or not)

Different traverse sounds depending on if you are using powered traverse or manual. Currently even when the engine is off it acts and sounds like you are using powered traverse.

Edited by Legioneod

Posted (edited)

So I played around with it a little today, here are my initial thoughts (most of which are listed by others previously)

It's a good game, and it could be great.  

1. I don't know how to play this with my friends.  I didn't see any servers running.  Seems like we need an official server running 24/7 for multiplayer

2. Something has to be done about the controls.  Ctrl-C to switch positions, Nestle to sight, Mouse turret control...  ugh  This could be WAY simpler and better.  Mouse look - point and shoot is the worst way to control the turret.  We need joystick support and xbox controller support (this would be GREAT for VR)

3. A separate key map page - The controls for aircraft and tanks are not related, so lets not force them to be in conflict.  What works for tanks is very different than planes so free up those options!

4. VR VR VR - So far it was better than I expected and seems to work alright for the commander and Driver;  BUT the gunner needs to be able to use the gunsight in VR which currently isn't possible without blindly finding complicated keys on the keyboard. 

5.  Commander needs binoculars

6.  Engine and tank management is good, but not on par with the flight sim portion of the game.  Even the odometer says "0000"  

7.  Having crewman models would really make it far more immersive

Very exciting work!

Edited by WIS-Redcoat
  • Upvote 3

8: Fire and smoke effects that are not swept under the rug and disappear after 15 seconds.

• Upvote 3

Here are mine for now

1)Commander needs binoculars!

2)Own control tab in settings

3)Easier control to move your face towards the vision port and tilt your head. (See a thread I started about this)

4)Gun control and optics not working (at al) in VR. Hard to read the optics, and cannot get the controller to move the turret.

5)I personally would love an option to command the driver to move foreward and just have him continue moving foreward. press again is 1 speed higher etc. Just like in Steel beasts.

This makes it much more enjoyable being the commander, spotting with your bino when the tanks just keep moving across a field.

6) More formation options for ground vehicles in the editor! I want to be able to give a group of tanks a line formation order so they attack across a field or an objective in line formation!

7) suppression effect when you get hit..  gunner gets knocked out of optic view when hit.

8 Smoke dischargers working on tanks that have them (tiger1 for example)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

VR view needs to be linked to the turret basket rather than the hull.  Currently when the turret spins (and you are in the turret) your view stays linked to the hull.

On 7/21/2018 at 10:00 AM, =27=Davesteu said:
  2. Manual gear-shifting
    Self-explanatory I guess.

There won't be manual gear shifting Jason said. Maybe over time but not for the initial release. It is "too hard to do" he said. Which makes me think it wasn't the best decision to pre-order TC, I mean, it is a Tank sim and and manual shifting is to complex to do, then what about all those other complex things that makes a tank sim enjoyable...?

Well, we'll see, but I really hope they don't try to make TC a fast way to earn money without really improving core tech.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JG4_Sputnik said:

There won't be manual gear shifting Jason said. Maybe over time but not for the initial release. It is "too hard to do" he said. Which makes me think it wasn't the best decision to pre-order TC, I mean, it is a Tank sim and and manual shifting is to complex to do, then what about all those other complex things that makes a tank sim enjoyable...?

If you want to see manual gear shifting and all those other complex things than preorder TC was very well the best thing you could do for it to happen!!!

Remember how BoS looked like when it was first released? No single-player campaign now we have it, the Damage model was improved, we got improved FM for many planes, better graphics, more options in game, better maps, ... and much more all this we didn´t have at the beginning and it will be the same with TC. Once we get TC 3 we will have these things we want!

So preorder TC is the best thing we can do to make it happen!

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Gunsmith86 said:

If you want to see manual gear shifting and all those other complex things than preorder TC was very well the best thing you could do for it to happen!!!

Remember how BoS looked like when it was first released? No single-player campaign now we have it, the Damage model was improved, we got improved FM for many planes, better graphics, more options in game, better maps, ... and much more all this we didn´t have at the beginning and it will be the same with TC. Once we get TC 3 we will have these things we want!

Yeah and that's why I did it :)  But in general I don't like pre-orders because if they have our money anyway... But 777 improved Il2 so much to this day that I believe it will also with TC. However, many things that would be necessary for me in il2 are still, after all these years, not "fixed" (AI, AI communication, missions with cold start and taxi, to name a few) and at some point I begin to wonder if we all continue to pre-order, don't we make it too easy for the devs to just "ignore" (for what reasons whatever) those kind of detail suggestions and just release further content? It's a thin line!

Cheers

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, JG4_Sputnik said:

Yeah and that's why I did it :)  But in general I don't like pre-orders because if they have our money anyway... But 777 improved Il2 so much to this day that I believe it will also with TC. However, many things that would be necessary for me in il2 are still, after all these years, not "fixed" (AI, AI communication, missions with cold start and taxi, to name a few) and at some point I begin to wonder if we all continue to pre-order, don't we make it too easy for the devs to just "ignore" (for what reasons whatever) those kind of detail suggestions and just release further content? It's a thin line!

Cheers

I have an absolute no pre-order policy. Except with IL-2. The devs more than earned my trust. Tank crew made me start a casual career using mouse aim so I am full back into it. This game changes so much it is hard to keep track. And other AAA companies keep talking about "games as a service" and IL2 has been that for ages now with a non predatory business model which delivers quality in spades. Sure warthunder has 1 million different planes but the developing company sucks taking valid criticism as an insult and with their skewed economy that forces you to spend money to progress.

777 is doing a really good job (I mean we got an actual dynamic campaign!!!) and as they continue to do so I will continue to buy their products. Speaking of which, got paid so I guess bodenplatte is on the menu :)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JG4_Sputnik said:

However, many things that would be necessary for me in il2 are still, after all these years, not "fixed" (AI, AI communication, missions with cold start and taxi, to name a few) and at some point I begin to wonder if we all continue to pre-order, don't we make it too easy for the devs to just "ignore" (for what reasons whatever) those kind of detail suggestions and just release further content? It's a thin line!

Of course they could stop to improve things and just take the money but how long would that work for them. At best one or two years and than no one would buy anything from them. But when they improve and bring new things every year than they can sell it for 10 or more years and people will talk about them and tell others how good it is and that they should buy it too.

I really really hope for gearshifting in future. Driving around will take  anywhere near 50-90% of the time in a tank and this would surely keep you occupied nicely. I've tried Eurotrucksimulator for a few hours and used their simplified shifting (automated clutch) which was still pretty nice and you could either really benefit from that or just stop if you failed to shift in the right time when climing up a hill.

When it comes to playablity: Maybe tank servers would get the option of a mixed realism setting, so shifting and non shifting drivers could use the same server. (if server owner decides to allow that). A bit like normal mode for planes where you can turn off auto engine control.

3 hours ago, Gunsmith86 said:

Remember how BoS looked like when it was first released?

Absolutely.

To expect a complete polished module in a  'early access' pre order simply isn't reasonable. I have always urged for more drivable tank assets in the game and pre-ordered Tank Crew the day it was made available. I did this to financially enable the developers to continue  building upon the tank aspect of a ground game. Also, by doing so I show the developers that there is a real interest in tank combat out there for them to cater to.  :salute:

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Thad said:

Absolutely.

To expect a complete polished module in a  'early access' pre order simply isn't reasonable. I have always urged for more drivable tank assets in the game and pre-ordered Tank Crew the day it was made available. I did this to financially enable the developers to continue  building upon the tank aspect of a ground game. Also, by doing so I show the developers that there is a real interest in tank combat out there for them to cater to.  :salute:

I agree, I got the module to support, I dream of being able to play Tank crew and be in scenarios like in this video.

Steel Beasts is around 120 USD so it only shows there are people who like tank simulators and want to pay a hefty price to get it.

Combine that with the awesomeness of IL-2 flight simulator part and you got yourself a winner.

Edited by Slater

Yes, the real potential for a GREAT combined arms WWII experience is here!

Steel Fury is over seven years old and is a great tank game with infantry.

Steel Beasts is a AAA tank simulation with infantry. Simulation. It is great. If Tank Crew starts being spoken of in the same sentence with Steel Fury or Steel Beast we will be experience a great tank game.

Actually, I don't expect Tank Crew to be as detailed as Steel Beasts. Nor should it be because the technology of WWII does not compare to that simulated in Steel Beasts. I think the probable limitation to getting the tank game we all want will be two things.

1. The interest, vision and will of the developers

2. Having capable programmers to bring it to life

Regardless, I will remain hopeful. If they build it.. tankers WILL come.

• Like 1