Hi there I recently bought IL2 Battle of Moscow and I just got a message on steam stating that the product key is revoked. Can someone please help me figure out why and what is the issue.

I am currently in chat with support thankfully. Wondering if anyone else has this issue. 

IL2.PNG

• Like 1

Same here, though I purchased the game about a year ago...

whats happening?

Unbenannt.PNG

• Like 2

You received this message because you probably bought BOM at Kinguin or G2A so you don't have warranty where the key come from, they can be stolen or bought by stolen credit card.

• Like 1

Where did you buy it from? Steam or another source? 

3 minutes ago, todeskvlt said:

You received this message because you probably bought BOM at Kinguin or G2A so you don't have warranty where the key come from, they can be stolen or bought by stolen credit card.

So would that mean that I lose money out of that transaction?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, todeskvlt said:

I've never had this issue before and I've been using G2A for years. And for the fact that it's happening to other players at the exact same time, especially after some of us have had the game since release, Im pinning it to them fucking something up in their database.

• Like 1

Few months ago it was same situation in War Thunder because people bought planes or something at Kinguin or G2A and it turned out that these keys acquired illegally by the seller.

33 minutes ago, Avieter said:

Where did you buy it from? Steam or another source? 

So would that mean that I lose money out of that transaction?

I don't know, you have to contact with your seller.

Edited by todeskvlt
  • Like 1

The only safe place to buy this game is either direct through 1CGS or through Steam.

AFAIK there are no other authorized sellers. And yes this problem has been happening in the past.

• Like 2

Ugh... I just got the same, my friend gave me a key 1 year ago and I really never thought twice about it, ever since then I've bought all the DLC directly from the webstore. I assume my friend used one of these websites, anyways I contacted support and got them to remove the revoked license and just bought the game again. Can't trust these shady websites ever..

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, dburne said:

The only safe place to buy this game is either direct through 1CGS or through Steam.

AFAIK there are no other authorized sellers. And yes this problem has been happening in the past.

Any recommendations on what to do?

• Like 1

only buy from official sources.

grey market keys are often fraudulent

1 minute ago, Avieter said:

Any recommendations on what to do?

contact the seller. see if they'll refund.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, OrLoK said:

only buy from official sources.

grey market keys are often fraudulent

contact the seller. see if they'll refund.

I am afraid this is probably your only option at this point.

• Like 1

Seemingly happening to keys around the same timeframe.

hmmmm.PNG

It's interesting that it's happening to both people who bought from Kinguin and G2A all around the same timeframe

3 minutes ago, ionicfold said:

Seemingly happening to keys around the same timeframe.

hmmmm.PNG

It's interesting that it's happening to both people who bought from Kinguin and G2A all around the same timeframe

lots of posts on the Steam forums about this.

At the end of the day the only people who lose out now is the consumer who bought the key and the developer who will no longet get their custom from buying aircraft or expansion pre-orders.

No one is going ot get a refund because the sellers are long gone, these are seemingly keys bought in 2017. Not seen a 2018 one yet. Unless Avieter got screwed after buying it this exact month.

Edited by ionicfold

So, if I bought my BOS , BOM, BOK and some planes through Steam, their site, I could loose my games?

2 minutes ago, SAS_Bombsaway said:

So, if I bought my BOS , BOM, BOK and some planes through Steam, their site, I could loose my games?

If you bought from steam you're fine, regardless you would have been hit by now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SAS_Bombsaway said:

you should be fine

Ok. Thank you. I really feel bad for those who lost theirs. I hope someone steps in to help those guys.

If anyone used PayPal, you might have some luck with their Buyer Protection. Not sure if it'll hold after a year, but worth looking into. 

2018-07-17_192856.thumb.jpg.0f97a036d014b0a63cec342e56368b34.jpg2018-07-17_192443.thumb.jpg.a52841c68057520d4b4ee9914b012eca.jpg

Revoking key should be done in a day maximum, not after 8 Month or 20 days, I register my keys on official site and in that moment there were no problem. Yes I bought my Games on G2A, I bought a lot of games and there is no problem with revoking If I had money I would by game with full price I would not wait discounts or go to G2A to by cheaper. No one will bother to stole some credit card (as I read somewhere) and by a lot of key to earn some money, it is easier to take that money directly ( every time I use my credit card I got mail or SMS that I use it), or how you can stole 100 keys? If I dont get my legally payed and registered keys it will be case for lawyers (at the moment key was registered at official site it become legal !!!!) in 8 month I played game and there is no issues, so why it should be now?

2018-07-17_193313.jpg

Edited by VRABAC
my email was visable on screen shot

Funny how IL-2 devs never warned us to not buy from keystores... even they gived "tips" for people who bought the game outside their website or steam.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, v44n said:

Funny how IL-2 devs never warned us to not buy from keystores... even they gived "tips" for people who bought the game outside their website or steam.

Actually I am pretty sure they have on more than one occasion.

Not making light of your situation cause it truly does suck, I realize that.

Plead your case with 1CGS customer support. Can't hurt to try.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, v44n said:

They could forbid third party sellers to sell their product, they have legal right for that. Instead they didnt do any thing about that, and now we who want to get cheaper get repercussions (we have right to buy product at any store where product is shown, if it isnt illegal, and it wasnt till now) It wasnt our mistake, it dev mistake, so we all have right to our legit buyed keys. Remove your product from third party sellers, and there is no problem. But Now we have one BIG. How I can refund my Money after 8th month. There is LEGAL time to inform user that key isnt legal, so that user could claim his legal right from seller (any one can now say your key isnt valid after one year, you bought from third party seller not from me or steam NONSENS)

Hi all,

It has been said several times. Do not buy anywhere but here or Steam. This is not the first time that keys are revoked. Some keys are bought ilegally (credit card frud to name one) and then resell over at webpages. Those are the one revoked. If its not your case, contact support and get it short out.

Accusing the devs will get you no where but me showing you a rule of this forum.

2. This forum is provided by 1C-777 Ltd. as a courtesy and its usage is a privilege and 1C-777 Ltd. reserves the right to ban any member temporarily or permanently for any reason at any time. Any penalties listed below for violations of the rules are guidelines only and forum administration may take additional action if they feel it is warranted. Use of the forum is not connected to usage of the game and access to this forum is not guaranteed to users as a consequence of purchasing the game

Several topics about this.

Locked.

• Thanks 1