Murleen

Despawn after landing

Hi all,

Is there any way to get an AI plane to wait on the ground after landing without despawning? I've found that if you give a plane a takeoff or attack command while it's taxiing after landing, it'll then taxi back to the runway and take off again, but I don't see any way to get it to stop and wait for a while before then commanding it to take off again. The closest I managed to get was sending a Force Complete just after a takeoff command, which aborts the takeoff, but then it just sits doing doughnuts on the taxiway.

No way that I know of.

Take care design missions around little hacks, because like I keep saying these behaviors tend to change with new releases.

if it works like ROF it's a pain, but doable..

Put a grid of fire pots on the runway, so as to be able to spectate, and find the exact spot the plane lands.

Go back to mission editor, and put a small  check zone (sphere not cone) in the spot right before the plane is going to touch down.  Link the check zone to a force complete mcu o/l'd to the landing plane.  If it works in BoX like it did in ROF, the plane will complete the landing, come to a stop, but the engine will keep running,  If you hit it with a command take off, as long as there is enough runway left, it should take off...

Edited by WWSitttingDuck
  • Upvote 1