Han

Developer Diary, Part 195 - Discussion

20 minutes ago, Han said:
Dear Pilots and Drivers!

We start this Dev Blog with a somber reminder that 77 years ago, on June 22, 1941, German troops, under the control of the Nazi regime in Berlin, launched the largest invasion in the history of warfare. They crossed the Soviet Union border in a surprise blitzkrieg attack obliterating the non-aggression pact signed between Germany and the USSR.

The project we work on is our tribute to this memory. We tell about the machines of WWII and the fighting in the skies above its battlefields. And starting this year, we'll also tell you about the fighting on the ground. We'll begin with one of the most famous and critical battles of the war - the battle of Kursk. In 1943, the Wehrmacht gathered all available forces, which in 1943 were still considerable and far from defeated and attempted to turn the tide of the war after the setbacks in 1941 and 1942 in one coordinated all-out assault. It can't be said that this attempt was entirely hopeless, the German forces nearly broke through the last lines of defense, but the Red Army held and counterattacked. And with that, the final outcome of the war became clear. The symbol of that battle, of course, is the armored combat machines that defined the battlefield – TANKS! Tanks alone are little more than expensive metal heaps without their human crews. This new project - Tank Crew: Clash at Prokhorovka - is dedicated to the crews who bravely went to battle in them.

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 9

Ah ha here we go!!! (I had to post something before reading as I have never been first to one these)

Be back soon!!

Edited by AeroAce
  • Haha 1

Here we go! 

Really looking forward to give fully modeled tanks a go.

Everything about this looks great, good job.

• Upvote 2

Very nice work again.

Even the casting numbers on the KV-1s turret are there

This will make ramming the buildings possible by the way.

THIS

...you'll be acting as part of tank squads or companies.

IS

For each side we plan to create a Scripted Campaign

WHAT

The gunner will operate the realistic optical gun sight.

I

round type available will be historically accurate

WANTED

All MGs installed on the tanks will be accurately modeled as well.

TO

as early as this July. ...but early adopters of Tank Crew will have something to play with: ...KV-1s and PzKpfw VI Ausf.H1 "Tiger" tanks

HEAR

Splendid work guys!

T-34-76 model 1943

PzKpfw III Ausf.M

Very good decision to move away from the initially announced reworked STZ & Ausf. L.

This raises the question of whether those are replaced, reworked or left as is?

Also, I assume "Model 1943" being a typo? Should be Model 1942, am I correct?

Edited by =27=Davesteu
  • Upvote 4

Oh boy - was going to hold off on purchasing this particular title, but you had to go ahead and change my mind! 😛

Have they said anything about the extent of VR support? 

Is it simply the same as we currently have with tanks and gunner positions or perhaps making some adjustments to enhance VR use (gunner positions work in VR but clearly were not designed with VR in mind).

I had no prior interest in tanks, and only considered buying tank crew to support the devs' future flight sim developments.

But this looks genuinely awesome. I'll be looking forward to the preorder and giving tank combat a try.

Lets hope that in the future we have have the same graphics quality as TC on the bigger maps for BOX. I'm sure that will be the end goal for the future.

Edited by AeroAce

I have no interest in tanks, I will not dive them,

But the detailed map and the anti AA vehicles ❤️

This looks so interesting, creative and made with love!(as always!) I can't resist!

It is nice to have the somber reminder, always remember what happened during the past shows how much peace is enjoyable.

Thanks, I really enjoyed this dev diary! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

That was a quality write-up Han. Nice work!

As for this going to early access in July, well like hell yeah! So looking forward to this. Thank you team & third parties for your amazing ongoing efforts.

One question: When a tank fires in dry conditions, there's usually a pile of dust that gets kicked up around the vehicle. Will this be modelled? It would sure add to the realism.

This is really amazing. Really. Amazing. Did I say how amazing this is?

Only one thing that caught my eyes in a not pleasing way sometimes: textures could be higher resolution, but I guess you can always wish for more :biggrin: Overall this is going to blast away the competition I am pretty sure. They might have higher res textures but this level of details and modelling is unprecedented.

2 minutes ago, 216th_Jordan said:

This is really amazing. Really. Amazing. Did I say how amazing this is?

Only one thing that caught my eyes in a not pleasing way sometimes: textures could be higher resolution, but I guess you can always wish for more :biggrin: Overall this is going to blast away the competition I am pretty sure. They might have higher res textures but this level of details and modelling is unprecedented.

We can't make such huge textures and expect it to run so smooth for everyone. But you can always make new ones with mods and see what happens.

Jason

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

Salutations,

Looks amazing. Have polished my Visa card. 😮

Locked and loaded for early access. I am very hopeful about this product.

It wasn't mentioned anywhere but I hope 'terrain masking' of Player and AI as in woods and elevated terrain sighting and firing (no wasted fire into elevated ground) will be fully and correctly implemented.  If Ya can't see em, ya can't shoot em. :salute:

Edited by Thad
AI addition

1 minute ago, Jason_Williams said:

We can't make such huge textures and expect it to run so smooth for everyone. But you can always make new ones with mods and see what happens.

Jason

Speaking of mods.... What if we make 3D models? Can we submit them somewhere to be added to the game?

• Upvote 1

Whilst I am not a tank guy myself, it all does look like it will be really good for those that are into them.

Great to see all the development being done.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, [TWB]Sketch said:

Speaking of mods.... What if we make 3D models? Can we submit them somewhere to be added to the game?

Salutations,

There is a MODS section on our forums for presentation of game mods. :salute:

8 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Any campaign for Single Player also?

+1000!

READ.

After looking again I guess any was and! Sorry

Edited by AeroAce
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, AeroAce said:

READ

😄 The news is too long for me now, I'll read evening in the bed but if its true - sounds  VERY good for me! Im in!

Very good news! Can’t wait for the anti aircraft vehicles in MP! :hunter:

Certainly looks very impressive, thank you very much for the update, really appreciated.:cool:

I have played a lot of first person shooters over the years but sorry to say the current tank feature in IL-2 is the only time I tried to drive a tank, feels really claustrophobic , must have been a terrifying experience to actually be in there when it was hit.

Should prove popular I think, at least I hope so for you guys who have worked on it.:drinks:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

1 hour ago, WIS-Redcoat said:

Have they said anything about the extent of VR support? 

Is it simply the same as we currently have with tanks and gunner positions or perhaps making some adjustments to enhance VR use (gunner positions work in VR but clearly were not designed with VR in mind).

I imagine they will have to work in some special quirks. I can imagine the complex and ergonomically challenging space inside a tank will create a lot of special issues for VR users. Just the fact that the space you're sitting in actively changes shape as the turret is rotating and the gun changes elevation.