Kitsune8585

Not detecting joystick

I recently replaced my X52 with an X56 Rhino. When I start Il-2 it says 'Attention new controller found' in the main menu and asks me to select the stick to copy over old bindings. However the stick does not work in game and cannot accept any assignments and every time I return to the main menu the 'Attention new controller found' comes back. This is only happening with the stick, the throttle is working fine.

Funny  - I know that this control is not the best , and can course some problems , and unwanted things - like game stop and suddenly Bail out 

I was told to have usbhub with power and it help a bit ..

But now I have problem with my stick too ..... only the Y and X .... all other is workin - the stick works in other game but not here in IL2 

sorry to take a part here , but maybe we have the same problem 

I'm going to necro this thread. I was using an old but working Sidewinder Forcefeedback 2 and I jumped at the opportunity for a new x56. First time I played, the game detected it and I maped some keys, but now it just doesn't detect a thing, no axis, rudder button nor anything.

It has been working fine with DCS and Elite Dangerous. I installed the drivers again but to no avail. What could be wrong?

Delete or rename the file, controls.txt located in:

...\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\input

Start the game and try assign.