Sign in to follow this  
SYN_Haashashin

Alberts life. A BOM Mig3 Scripted Campaign.

SplashScreenHaashMission_zpsb8ioqrti.jpg

We proudly present you: Albert´s Life, a set of missions set as a SP campaign. Consisting of 12 missions during the early days of Albert as a VVS pilot at Moscow theatre of Operations.

SYN_Haashashin statement: This campaign is named Albert´s Life to honour, the best way I can, all the work that Albert a.K.a Loft did for us fly simmers from RoF to BoS/BoM, from my point of view Im in someway in debt with him, why? He was a big and important part of my childhood dream coming true: A real WWI flight sim, Rise of Flight.
That said, Salud!! Loft, best wishes!! :salute:

Missions are semihistorical: squads, frontlines, airfield used and troops positions are somehow Historical but actual player missions are totally fictional and aimed for the gameplay. The campaing is meant to be played at any difficult level but with certain details (see missions briefings). Main Objective in all missions is to survive and land back at home airfield

Extract the rar at campaign folder inside your BoS/BoM installation.

This campaign was built using the next PC specs, Beta testing didnt show any big hit on performances: i5 6600K 3,5 Ghz, 16 GB RAM, 960 GTX, Windowns 10 64bits.

Credits:

SYN_Haashashin: Mission building, storyline.
SYN_MrWolf: Art Design.
SYN_Mugue: Writer and Beta testing.
SYN_Skydance: Proofreader and Beta testing.
SYN_Vander: Beta testing.
Lucas_From_Hell: Music
Habu: Beta testing
JimTM: For his help all around.

Hope you guys have fun: http://www.mediafire.com/file/zcwnv9cyz6fsw99/Alberts Life v1.2.rar
Uploaded to M4today: Pending

Sincerally,

SYN_Haaashashin

Edit: If anyone is up to translate this to their native lenguage, let me know and will send the texts to translate. SPA and RUS done.

Very Important: When you are the flight leader or the only plane in the flight, autopilot IA won't work. What that means?? It means waypoints won't be triggered once the player has taken off, leaving the player the decision of how, from where, and at what alt will he get to the objective. If you play with icons on, this means that after the first waypoint no more waypoints will be triggered basically cus there is no more WP attach to the player. How to explaining this from inside the mission briefing was one of my concerns, lesson learnt ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 37

Sounds awesome! I'd download it right now, but I'll be stuck out in the bush for the from Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon :biggrin:

Great, will try it out soon. 

Does this replace Andreys Life or is Andrey also still in the works?

Edited by Comes

Thanks guys,

Just hopes its up to the standart around here :lol: :lol:

Does this replace Andreys Life or is Andrey also still in the works?

I stopped with Andreys Life long ago and have no plan to go back. You will note several differences between the two of them :salute:

Thanks!!! Any SP content is good for BoS/BoM.

And I hope BoS/BoM will allow single missions to be merged in campaigns someday.

Cheers,

Thank you guys, hope you like it.

Please post your thoughts about it, pics,what can be done better/differently, what can be added/deleted, etc, etc....Basically give me some feedback. That way I can apply them on next project.

Thanks for the mention in your OP Haash. When I helped out with some early testing, I liked what I saw. The final product though is really very nice! I'm looking forward to flying all the missions in their polished form. It really feels immersive. My congratulations to the team!

• Upvote 1

Yes, there is no way to make an official campaign YET. It should show under missions.

Tornado drop it in the data/missions folder (iirc)

Edited by Jade_Monkey
  • Upvote 2

Hi guys,

As Jade said it should be at the mission folder. For me it looks like this: E:il2/data/missions but for steam (do not have on there) I think it is something like: steamapp/il2-battleofstalingrad/data/missions.

Just unzip/unrar the file there and a folder called Albert´s Life should be there.

Updated first post to add M4today link.

Haash

Just finished the first mission, i think i am going to go trough this campaign on the weekend :D Loving it so far! and i play way too little as the VVS so... time to learn some planes :D Again, Thank you for creating this!

• Upvote 1

Finally had time to fly first two missions. Awesome work Haash+others, I really liked them! Nice details, I even saw the crash screen on first landing, did not go well but I lived  :biggrin:

And nice gesture for Albert, he has deserved it  :salute:

Yes, there is no way to make an official campaign YET. It should show under missions.

Tornado drop it in the data/missions folder (iirc)

Thank-you for the answer Jade_Monkey

I just noticed there is no 6th mission?

I think there was an attack on our airfield and I missed it 

6th Mission was a problematic one. It seems IA do not see the bomber formations somehow :o:

I just took a look at it at the ME and the planes are there so I think you miss it Jade cus the leader sometimes do not see the bombers, look for AAA.

Haash

P-S.: Nice pic :salute:

Sorry, what I mean is that it doesn't show up in game. Skips from 5 to 7:

The mission files are in the folder for #6 though. Anyone having a similar problem?

347fjo7.jpg

:o::wacko:

Dotn know whats wrong. I just checked and everything seems ok. Mission 6 show up for me ingame.

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
I was wrong hehe

I noticed that the date in the mission 6 properties is 16.10.1941 but the mission description says October 17th, 1941. 

Edited by JimTM

Thanks for this campaign. It's awesome.

I wholeheartedly agree with your statement about Albert. All the best to him.

And thanks for mission 6 :)

Thank's for the fix. 
If I drop the fixed Mission 6 in the folder Alberts Life together with the other missions, it still does not show up.
If i put it outside of the folder, I see it ingame.
Any idea why it behaves like that?

Any idea why it behaves like that?

No idea, did you delete the old one or paste it on top of the old one? just wondering around cus I really dont know.

Someone else have this happing to them??

No idea, did you delete the old one or paste it on top of the old one? just wondering around cus I really dont know.

Someone else have this happing to them??

Yes, this happened to me. You need to refresh your cache files as follows:

1. Close IL-2 Sturmovik and the Mission Editor.

2. In your games folder, under the data subfolder, delete the files ctreecache.eng and mtreecache.eng.

Important! Be careful not to delete other IL-2 Sturmovik files.

The cache files are rebuilt when you start IL-2 Sturmovik.
Edited by JimTM
  • Upvote 1

Yes, this happened to me. You need to refresh your cache files as follows:

1. Close IL-2 Sturmovik and the Mission Editor.

2. In your games folder, under the data subfolder, delete the files ctreecache.eng and mtreecache.eng.

Important! Be careful not to delete other IL-2 Sturmovik files.

The cache files are rebuilt when you start IL-2 Sturmovik.

That worked for me. Thanks Jim!

And, of course, thanks Haashashin for this great job!

The missions menu acts weird sometimes. Does it read the missiom name from the editor or the file name from the mission??

I thought it was the file name but sometimes it wont update.