Han

Developer Diary, Part 194 - Discussion

Just now, Han said:
Hello everybody,

Today we can show you the first WIP screenshots of two planes from this list:  P-47D-28 и Fw 190 D-9.

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 6

Those new planes look good! And so does the progress!

Looking forward to the day I can start skinning the new planes! There are so many cool skins to make with them!

:salute: 

• Like 1

Nice! Those planes look lovely!
I can't wait to fly on that Dora and do some ground pounding in the Jug.

Looks like the A8 will be flyable in the next update!

"3D artist department works on several aircraft at once - P-47D-28, Fw 190 D-9, P-51D-15, Me 262 A, Hawker Tempest Mk.V series 2 and Bf 109 K-4 - some of them are nearly finished while the work on others just started."

And that's the problem. Instead of turning new ACs like hotdogs, they should take more care at what they are doing and spend more time watching their references and pictures. I could be wrong but I think that the 3D Model must be something easier to come closer to the reality than a FM. I just hope these new models will be better that the G-6 and G-14. But looking at the Fw 190D-9 WIP I am not too optimistic !

Madcop :unsure:

• Haha 2
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

190A-8 +....? Usually they come in pairs don’t they? Kidding aside I think I’ll have to give my Gustav a rest to give the Thunderbolt a flip!

• Upvote 1

The development team does have a lot of work on their workbench but like always I know it shall be perfect and beautiful. Thanks to them for their perfect work!

My only question shall be how many types of modifications shall be provided for the prolific P47-D and P51-D? There are so many?! Gunsights, tail fins, wing ammunitions (bombs, drop tanks), propellers...

But thanks to the team.:salute:

Excited about the 47 and can't wait to fly it.  Was hoping for news regarding FC.

Thanks for the update, I was hoping as  unlikely as it was the Tempest V would be next on the release schedule, but at least this way it gives me more time to save up before i order it. Keep up the good work. 

Will there be 150 octane for the US and UK planes? 

There is evidence for them using it, and otherwise the Germans will have an unfair advantage with MW-50.

Not to talk about the Me-262 once it is flyable.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

I am more interested in new core mechanics promised for Bodenplatte: manual fuel tanks management, self-sealing tanks, drop tanks, oxygen masks, turbochargers, laminar and swept wings, near mach physics etc.

Anyway the models looks wonderfully. I'm an optimist.

20 minutes ago, Madcop said:

And that's the problem. Instead of turning new ACs like hotdogs, they should take more care at what they are doing and spend more time watching their references and pictures. I could be wrong but I think that the 3D Model must be something easier to come closer to the reality than a FM. I just hope these new models will be better that the G-6 and G-14. But looking at the Fw 190D-9 WIP I am not too optimistic !

It depends how the work is organised - if the quality would be really subordinated to speed it would be a great shame, but if the team simply works in efficient way having experience with previous models - it's a great news.

Consider release date of Bodenplatte - in this tempo of new models releases the game would be ready in few months and it is not going to be. 

New fuel, oxigen, turbochargers, new aerodynamisc etc. will take more time and they are more important than new planes.

So have a wonderfull day and let's admire the new models ;)

cheers

Edited by bies
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

After the terrible drought of 2008, it's mine boggling how much quality flight sim product there is these days!

As usual, the work is outstanding.  I really need to find more time in my day to spend in Kuban.  :)

• Upvote 1

Now this is fu**ing brain melting!!! Wow! Can't wait to strap in the cockpit of that beautiful beast - the P47D-28.

Oh, my god, this drives me crazy. Hope to get the hand on it very, very (I mean very, very!) soon. Thanks a lot.

Cheerio

Seems weird to see these models. After all that time not knowing if we would get this far. It feels good. Like IL*2 is solid now and not going away anytime soon.

• Upvote 2

the Dora looks great, all i need is a confirmation that it will have an EZ42 modification and i will be even happier

Looking good , many thanks. I did hope for a Razorback , but I guess you would have had a lot of people on your neck for not having a bobblehead if it was the other way around

• Like 1

OM MY GOD BECKY!!!! -- Look at that Jug it is so big!  - I like big Jugs and I cannot lie. You pilots can't deny..........:lol::dance:

Okay boys and girls when the Jug is released and the template fall into my evil hands I will get to work ASAP and churn out some skins. I may even do a whole squadron. And the Dora is beautiful as well!!!

Edited by 8./SG1_SPEKTRE76
  • Haha 1

K4? What the hell?

So what will be the allied counterpart to that future premium plane?

I'm glad the P-47 is finally underway^^ That's what we need.

I hope the map will be completed very soon.

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy

I'm assuming the P-47 will come after the 190A-8, August-September perhaps? I don't see it coming sooner than that but I hope I'm wrong.

14 minutes ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

K4? What the hell?

P-51 and P-47 can handle it, the K-4 isn't some crazy uber plane, it has it's weaknesses just like every other aircraft.

We won't be seeing the map till the end of the year imo if we're lucky, it may take longer than that.

Edited by Legioneod
  • Thanks 1

Wew that Dora looks like a beast. I wonder if it will be as hard to fly/fight with as the one in DCS.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

K4? What the hell?

Tempest at low altitude, 51 and 47 high up.

Perhaps we'll see a Spit XIV or 21 later on as well.

1 minute ago, Lythronax said:

Tempest at low altitude, 51 and 47 high up.

Perhaps we'll see a Spit XIV or 21 later on as well.

P-51 performs well at low altitude as well. Tempest at +9psi, P-51D  at 67", Dora at 2.2ata and K-4 at 1.8ata all do 370-380mph on the deck

P-47 and P-38 are high altitude only planes however

33 minutes ago, LuseKofte said:

Looking good , many thanks. I did hope for a Razorback , but I guess you would have had a lot of people on your neck for not having a bobblehead if it was the other way around

Bubble canopy Thunderbolts were by far the most common variant at this time, so it's not a surprise at all that they chose the D-28.