Poochnboo

Suggestion For Team Fusion

I pulled up some info on the coming 5.0 release and got some old postings about it. They went back to 2015. I'd forgotten that it had been in developement that long.

A 2015 post mentioned that they weren't going to make a 2015 release and it looked as though a late 2016 was more probable. It's 2018, and still no 5.0.

So, how about this? Some good stuff has already been done. We've seen the screenshots. Why waste all that work and have it just sitting there. Use the BOS sales model. Do a pre-order. And start releasing the sim in parts as they are ready. I have to believe that the Spitfire V is done, and we've seen screenshots of the 109F. If the Wellington is flyable and ready, let us have it. 

I'd pre-order for sure. Lots of others would, too, I think. Why not consider that? Some money would start flowing in to keep the project going. It works for BOS, don't see why it wouldn't work for CLOD.

Posted (edited)

I personally am waiting for it too, to fly in VR. My gripe is that I think they are waiting for EVERYTHING to be perfect, which is why it is taking forever. I think they are missing the boat as they should have released incrementally instead of waiting for the "whole thing". As a former member of ACG, I know their (ACG) upper levels are grumbling about pulling the plug on CLOD altogether, so you just lost 180+ members who would have purchased their game. Sort of a shame... 

Edited by 1./JG54_Schneemann

5 minutes ago, 1./JG54_Schneemann said:

personally am waiting for it too, to fly in VR. My gripe is that I think they are waiting for EVERYTHING to be perfect, which is why it is taking forever. I think they are missing the boat as they should have released incrementally instead of waiting for the "whole thing". As a former member of ACG, I know their upper levels are grumbling about pulling the plug on CLOD altogether, so you just lost 180+ members who would have purchased their game. Sort of a shame... 

Do you think the pre-order idea would help? I'd hate to see them "pull the plug" as I think it's a very good combat flight simulator. Hopefully, if they did, they'd just go ahead and release what they have. I can't imagine throwing several years of work, and some really beautiful models, into the recycle bin!

Oh, I don't think they'll pull the plug, I think they will lose market share trying to get that "perfect" game that will always have some issue, can always be better, can always have one more airplane... My guess is they are programmers and not promoters/business people. "It's got to be right" attitude, with a LOT of content. They want to hit a home run instead of just getting on base. It's still a run and scores, just will take a long time to get that run...

Posted (edited)

Personally, I think they have lost any market share they had.........They update for Blitz ruined Clod. As for TF5......the promised have been going on for far too long now. I WAS a good flight sim game but I think that Blitz ruined it. Obviously a lot of people agree with me when you see how many guys DONT use it now. So may promises about TF5 and result????? Nothing.

It would have to be really extraordinary to get people back.

As for pre-ordering is concerned...do you really think people can trust TF5 now? I certainly don't.

The quality of Bos/M/K/S is far superior to Clod now

Edited by No.85_Camm
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, No.85_Camm said:

The quality of Bos/M/K/S is far superior to Clod now

I beg to differ :)

• Upvote 1

Waiting for CloD, to pull plug on BoX. Dunno which is more ready in the end. CloD or DCS... will I live to see the days when those products are ready?

• Haha 1

On 6/14/2018 at 2:23 PM, LLv34_adexu said:

Waiting for CloD, to pull plug on BoX. Dunno which is more ready in the end. CloD or DCS... will I live to see the days when those products are ready?

Don't hold your breath waiting for DCS WW2 stuff to be ready, ever :)

I have noticed a sharp decrease in the number of people flying CloD. It used to be at least 50 plus people would be flying most of the time. Right now there are three people flying online in CloD and 91 flying BoX.

It's a shame as CloD is a great flight sim, BoX is a great flight sim as well. I flew both but CloD seems dead to me.

Posted (edited)
On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:07 PM, JG27_Targ said:

I have noticed a sharp decrease in the number of people flying CloD. It used to be at least 50 plus people would be flying most of the time. Right now there are three people flying online in CloD and 91 flying BoX.

It's a shame as CloD is a great flight sim, BoX is a great flight sim as well. I flew both but CloD seems dead to me.

I think the reason for the lack of numbers on CloD is the 'update' to Blitz. The game (in my opinion) has been ruined. Even when (if??) TF5 comes out, it will be difficult getting the population back. Almost 5 minutes from starting engines to taking off in a Beaufighter.......ridiculous. Taxying in a Spit or Hurricane can be compared to being on a Roller Coaster and charging almost £30 for the experience is (in my view) daylight robbery.

It USED to be good (before Blitz, but now I think Box is much better in every way......and it is getting better with each update.

Edited by No.85_Camm
Additional info

On 6/13/2018 at 1:31 PM, No.85_Camm said:

Personally, I think they have lost any market share they had.........

It would have to be really extraordinary to get people back.

I rather agree with this.  Whilst I think there is no doubt that a small team of part-timers have done an astonishing job with original CLoD,  the leadership of TFS does not seem to recognise that they are no longer masters of the CFS universe.....but do seem to be operating under the illusion that once TFS 5.0 is released everyone will be coming back.

It seems obvious now that when 5.0 is released most of the serious WW2 CFS community will be flying P47's over the Ardennes.

Posted (edited)
On 6/14/2018 at 7:05 AM, LLv34_Temuri said:

I beg to differ :)

I do too. I enjoy the BOS series. Wouldn't have BOS, BOM, Pre-order of Bodenplatte, plus 4 premium airplanes if I didn't. But, that said, I think CLOD gives me a more realistic feeling of what it might have been like to be in a WW2 air battle. BOS is fun, but I don't get that from it. 

I don't really understand all of the "The last patch broke the game," talk and, "It's almost unflyable now." The sharp drop in players is simply because everyone always needs to gravitate toward whatever the new thing is. 

I see nothing wrong with CLOD at all. I fly it regularly, and I'm looking forward to 5.0. Then CLOD will be the "new thing" and a lot of people will come back. I don't know why it has to be one or the other with fight simmers. This one is better than that one. There's room on my hard drive for all of them. 

People bitch about DCS, too? Well, I have the P-51, Spitfire, Normandy map, and the WW2 assets pack and I'm enjoying the hell out of them. To each his own.

Edited by Poochnboo
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

As a recent purchaser of the BoX titles (I'm really a WW1 nut), I have to say that CLoD had a much more 'realistic' feel to it. No comment on any FM's, but the cockpits looked less cartooney, and there were more rattles and shakes as you flew. And boy could I break 109 engines quickly !

8 hours ago, Zooropa_Fly said:

there were more rattles and shakes as you flew.

Yes, yes. They rattle and shake and creak and have a gritty, real, feeling to them. I like the single missions. The one where you intercept bombers over London. Full of planes, contrails everywhere. A 109 goes zipping by and then a Spitfire. When I make it back after that one, I taxi in, shut down and roll back the canopy. My thought always is, "Damn, that felt real!"

I'm not putting down BOX. They're just two different games that go about things differentlt, that's all. 

I would agree with them following the BoX model of pre-order and releasing content as it is ready if not for one thing. I don't think things are ready. I think maybe they kind of work a little on one thing then another here and there. It doesn't seem very organised. I also have to agree with others in that the Blitz update felt more like a step backward. I will definitely buy 5.0 if and when it comes out but like DCS I won't be holding my breath or counting on it.