Does anyone find this plane extremely difficult to get airborne?

I just cant seem to get this one into the air, it says it is supposed to pull left but it pulls extreme right

and no amount of rudder seems to correct this.

I have no issues with any other aircraft!!

Thanks 

I understand exactly what you are talking about!  The Hs-129 is a tricky airplane to fly.  By all the historical accounts that I've read about the real aircraft, most pilots found it very sluggish and under-powered because of the mission profile it was made for.  With all of the armor surrounding the pilot and critical aircraft parts, it was a flying pig.  One thing I've found is to increase the throttle slowly, don't just "peg-out" the throttle to the maximum right off ("balls to the wall").  As you do slowly apply throttle make slight adjustments with your rudder and wheel breaks.  Once you get the feel of how the aircraft is reacting going down the runway or airstrip (with any cross-winds if present), apply more and more power until the tail-wheel lifts off... then apply full-throttle for the remainder of the take-off sequence until becoming airborne.  It's a very unique airplane and one I really enjoy flying.  I remember making plastic models of the Hs-129 when I was a kid and that the design was wicked looking!

Hope this helps,

- CraigNT

The 'pull left' comment is wrong - the engines counter-rotate, so it shouldn't turn one way more than another. It does seem to be vulnerable to cross-winds, which may be your problem. Contrary to what CraigNT55  says above, I find it best to hold it on brakes and then run the engines up to full throttle + boost before releasing. Either way in the early stages of the run the rudder is ineffective, so you may have to give a quick dab on the relevant brake if it starts to wander.

I normally use about 1/4 flaps for takeoff, though it probably doesn't make much difference.

When on runway:

- use full power immidiately (not gradually, you need prop wash on your rudder)

- steer left/right on runway using brakes at first, not rudder, rudder doesn't have enough authority at low speed

cheers

What bies says plus use Boost on takeoff. That makes all the difference to stability due to the extra power.

Cheers.

Edited by 216th_Cat

And remember set prop pitch control to manual mode and boost ON. It gives you max rpm. It´s more stable on ground. AUTO prop try to maintain 2750rpm and cause prop wash.

Nearly impossible ...I have to play settings in Custom, and check off rudder assist to taxi & take off..

Set takeoff trim. A nice, healthy dose of UP on the elevator trim. If you don't, you'll end up in the trees past the end of the runway.

Give her a notch of flaps.

Hold the brakes and run her up to full throttle. Pull the stick all the way back and hold it there.

Release the brakes, keep that stick hauled back until you've got some speed up, then ease it forward.

Stay on those pedals, use quick taps on the differential braking until you've gained some speed, then kick that rudder as needed to keep it going straight when your speed is up enough so that you have some rudder authority.

When you land, don't cut the throttle back to idle. Keep some throttle on so you can steer and avoid ground looping, until you're slow enough to avoid the danger. Use differential braking to slow to a straight stop.

Hit "Escape" and click "Restart Mission" as necessary until you've got it mastered. :biggrin:

Edited by Oubaas
I forgot takeoff trim.
  • Like 1

Never had a problem flying this bird, ok only the first time I bought the plane but from then on no probs, however both my Fw 190's are a different story 🤬.  I have now just got the hang of them.....I think.

Funny how each differs,  as to one type is a pain in the arse and others are a pleasure. 

On 10/2/2018 at 4:06 AM, FurphyForum said:

Never had a problem flying this bird, ok only the first time I bought the plane but from then on no probs, however both my Fw 190's are a different story 🤬.  I have now just got the hang of them.....I think.

Funny how each differs,  as to one type is a pain in the arse and others are a pleasure. 

Just pull the stick back when gaining speed up to 100km/h to keep the tail wheel locked.

On 10/2/2018 at 12:13 AM, Oubaas said:

Set takeoff trim. A nice, healthy dose of UP on the elevator trim. If you don't, you'll end up in the trees past the end of the runway.

Give her a notch of flaps.

Hold the brakes and run her up to full throttle. Pull the stick all the way back and hold it there.

Release the brakes, keep that stick hauled back until you've got some speed up, then ease it forward.

Stay on those pedals, use quick taps on the differential braking until you've gained some speed, then kick that rudder as needed to keep it going straight when your speed is up enough so that you have some rudder authority.

When you land, don't cut the throttle back to idle. Keep some throttle on so you can steer and avoid ground looping, until you're slow enough to avoid the danger. Use differential braking to slow to a straight stop.

Hit "Escape" and click "Restart Mission" as necessary until you've got it mastered. :biggrin:

Wow thank you for the tip with the holding back 😮 i wan´t able to get her in the sky.  What i don´t understand is the automaic RPM it feels like the HS is every time pushed to her limit. The only way i get her in continous Mode is to set the propellers to manuell

Hold breaks until full throttle is the whole trick