nightmare33

Annoying Black Screen FIX IT!!!

Sometimes a single mission starts, sometimes I get a black screen. Everyone I know has this problem...everyone. Why hasn't this been fixed? The developer knows this is a problem. How about at least saying you know about the problem and are working on it? I can live with restating the game after every incident, if you at least could be honest and admit to the problem.

I do not have this problem.

Oh wait, you do not know me... 

• Haha 4

I get the same issue occasionally.:dry:

Never, ever, had this problem. You and your friends must be really unlucky.

Same pb (black screen with just the mouse pointing) connecting to a server in multiplayer and many of my team mates have it also

I have had this game installed since day 1 of the original Early Access and have never had this problem.

Apparently also it is not much widespread or the forums would be full of posts about it.

But understandably I am sure it can be very frustrating for someone having this issue.

You might want to list all your system specs to see if anyone might can help.

Normally with something like this I would start by recommending a clean install of the video drivers.

If Nvidia uninstall the drivers using DDU ( Display Driver Uninstaller) in safe mode, then install the latest Nvidia drivers installing only the driver itself and PhysX. 

None of that other stuff , especially not GeForce Experience.

2 hours ago, F/JG300_Egon said:

Same pb (black screen with just the mouse pointing) connecting to a server in multiplayer and many of my team mates have it also

The op says in single player mode

I have this issue too or at least it sounds like what I have. Occasionally when starting a mission the screen is black, the pointer is there and works, the sound of the mission is there. But the screen is black. I can bring up the ingame menu but no selections work. I have control alt delete to close the game. Usually it works fine the next time in. Drivers updated no overlays no other issues. It is absolutely a valid issue whether the hell it affects a lot of others or not. Also just to rule out bs my chair doesn't squeak and I am generally not unlucky. 

• Upvote 1

Just had this happening trying to join WoL, Me and my tm8 also, it seams its happening when server is 82 or 83 of max 84, so we try to join in, but some one els is before us, mission loads and then its just black screan, only fix crash game.

I see its reported also in MP problems, 

Someone has suggested since I'm running in SLI, this is causing the problem. Every one of my friends runs in SLI. This could be the issue. It only happens once in a while. Today, nothing.[edited]

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
Personal

I have found that it is an overlay, Overwolf, which I find useless, running and when I turned this off an ASUS AI Suite, it doesn't happen. All other friends had an overlay, of some sort, when disabled it doesn't happen. This problem never happen each time I launched, it was intermittent. 

• Thanks 1

Just updated my computer from GTX 1050TI to AMD RX580.

I had no issues before but now i have this black screen issue as well.

Its most likely happening with AMD GPU's.

It has happened few times now in Career Mode.

Edited by Godspeed

I too seem to have this issue, never had any problems with IL2 before but since getting back into the game after a years break I am finding it a nightmare.

I will get into the game 2/3 times otherwise it will lock up on the IL2 logo and I have to hard restart. 

I have tried single player missions and its hit and miss if I get into the mission.  I get as far as picking a load out etc and then as soon as I click Fly the screen goes black. As others have said you can open the options menu but as soon as you select anything the game locks and I have to hard restart. 

Current specs are: 

Asus Maximus X Motherboad

32gb RAM

i7-8700k CPU

1080GTX GPU

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 1:29 AM, SCG_BOO said:

I don't have this problem either but my chair squeaks - FIX IT!!

WD-40

Yep, i get this too (i7 4770k Gtx670).  I find I get it most often if i delay the time between the mission loading and clicking the Fly button.  If I Click fly as soon as the mission loads (or very soon after) it always seems to work.

I have never experienced this phenomenon.
Play both MP and SP mode and since a few years only in VR.

Specs in my sig.

I have the game in Steam.... haven't played much but I really want to learn it. As we are having a long weekend, I was practicing the landing and take off mission with the Yak-1, which is darn difficult to taxi and darn difficult to land, but I was having fun. At some point I wanted to see other stuff and decided to try a mission in the "fast tank battle" folder. I clicked on the Last man standing KV-1s, winter and the mission loaded, showed me the map and briefing. But when I click the Start, it goes into this black screen with only the white mouse cursor showing. Apparently, the menus are working although you can't see them. I press escape and enter and the game exits (I can't see what I'm pressing but I can hear the sounds of the menus). When I start the game again in Steam, the welcome screen now has the tank instead of the airplane....  Tried several times, same issue.  Is it possible that I don't own those tank missions??? I don't remember if they are included or one has to buy them separate.... this game is a bit convoluted regarding the way one buys pieces of it.

Could be a coincidence. But I used to have regular problems with the black screen at mission start. These problems have completely stopped since I turned off vsync, the Steam overlay and the FPS display (both Steam and In-Game). Might be worth a try.

Edited by Cow_Art

On 2/16/2019 at 4:56 PM, [ANBU]KeshCGY said:

I have the game in Steam.... haven't played much but I really want to learn it. As we are having a long weekend, I was practicing the landing and take off mission with the Yak-1, which is darn difficult to taxi and darn difficult to land, but I was having fun. At some point I wanted to see other stuff and decided to try a mission in the "fast tank battle" folder. I clicked on the Last man standing KV-1s, winter and the mission loaded, showed me the map and briefing. But when I click the Start, it goes into this black screen with only the white mouse cursor showing. Apparently, the menus are working although you can't see them. I press escape and enter and the game exits (I can't see what I'm pressing but I can hear the sounds of the menus). When I start the game again in Steam, the welcome screen now has the tank instead of the airplane....  Tried several times, same issue.  Is it possible that I don't own those tank missions??? I don't remember if they are included or one has to buy them separate.... this game is a bit convoluted regarding the way one buys pieces of it.

KV-1S is part of Tank Crew. That's why it didn't work.

For first time I too had the black screen at startup after the latest update. Game was running as sound was still there, just total black after the game launched I had to force quit.

Just had it happen that one time but now notice the game will not accept ANY graphic changes by me at all. I’m beginning to think perhaps something got corrupted in the startup.cfg file during the black screen error.

Posted (edited)

This still happens some times when you start the flight.

Mission start in pitch blackness.

When you press esc it gives this window.

When you try to "restart mission" game gets more stuck and harder to kill the application from windows.

Issue been almost year now.

image.thumb.png.3b790ed7f6f21beffa98eee016dc9636.png

Edited by Godspeed