Han

Developer Diary, Part 193 - Discussion

Just now, Han said:
Hello everybody,

The time has come to tell you more about the historical timeframe of Battle of Bodenplatte.

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 14

Sounds AWESOME. I for one am really looking forward to it all. I'm looking forward to it so much that I cant wait for the early release. Keep up ,the brilliant work, devs.

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to bombing the city I live in, the city I work in and the city I was born and raised in :happy:

Edited by wellenbrecher
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 2

Nice, a surprise DD dropping early :)

Looks like a good size map with lots of potential.

• Like 1

Big, really big map. I am looking forward to flying over the Ruhr area :biggrin:

• Like 1

How detailled will the Ruhr-area be modelled? Will it include Scheinanlagen?

Edited by Oelmann
  • Like 1

sounds like we're in for a real treat! Looking forward to it, it's ambitious but i know if anyone can do it it's you guys

• Like 1

This is not great, it is more than great, it is fabulous! Thanks!

The scope of the Campaign and the size of the map is right wat is needed, some shall say it is still to small but be realistic! this map covers some of the most populated areas of Europe in WW2. With a lot of old or/and destroyed cities for that see the RAF photographic fantastic sites. 

If the development team pull this trough then for the first time in simulation history us gamers shall revive our fathers or grandfathers sky battles in a realistic environment, thanks.:salute:

It is also a great task, all be patient it shall take a long time.:salute:

Edited by senseispcc

Love it cant wait to fly and test the me262 -great map i will fly over my hometown Solingen Germany back in the past 1944-1945  !😁

Edited by II/JG11ATLAN
  • Upvote 1

Good.

If the Typhoon is proposed as a collector plane, it will be an "instant buy"

16 minutes ago, Finkeren said:

Nice, a surprise DD dropping early :)

You know that otherwise it would have been too late. ;)

I am looking forward to fly over this map.

I was wondering, will there be scripted events like this bodenplatte that will always happen and on that day you will be send to attack airfields with many other doing the same thing all over map? And maybe even friendly fire from aaa guns? ;)

Can I be a little bit negative and say I would recommend cutting the map northth of Amsterdam and extending it be the same amount to the South? No particular reason for the city in the time-frame (other than JG bases, but is that so vital?) but adds quite a bit of work for the team without adding much to the 21st Army Group battles that covered territory further south such as Walcrheren

If you extend the map south you have some of a 1940 map ready to go....

• Upvote 1

Holy moly! That is a much bigger map than I had anticipated. It will be interesting to see how the Ruhr area will be depicted and what kind of Impact it will have on Performance.

• Upvote 2

What csThor said. This is great news. I feared we would get something as small as the 1946 Bastongne map.

This looks really cool! With that size of map there is lot's of potential for future campaigns :)

(I was going to write something about doing Crimean map in near future to make southern part of Eastern front complete but maybe that would have been too soon... :lol:)

All great news and all but I'm wondering how the engine will cope with all these big cities.  I know it was two development cycles ago but they could not realistically model Moscow so I wonder how this will end up looking/working. 

Really nice map, I am really impressed by its size. 

I didn't expect this much of the Netherlands to be on the map but I am not complaining :biggrin:

I get to fly over my hometowns!

I do have one remark though. Don't call it "Fighting over Holland". That is not what my country is called.

Based on the airfield locations, you don't even have airfields in the actual area of Holland (aka North and South Holland provinces).

BlackHellHound1

:salute:

Edited by BlackHellHound1

That's some commitment if a good proportion of the US/US armour is being modelled too. The statement of it being more than Boddenplatte and the Spt 44 time line also gives me hope for the A20G and even the Typ.....I wont say it. 

Very excited

Wow! This is pretty exciting!

question, there was mention of “many compromises made...” just wondering what that may have in store?

cant wait for these “cross country” flights :)

thanks devs!

4 minutes ago, spartan85 said:

Wow! This is pretty exciting!

question, there was mention of “many compromises made...” just wondering what that may have in store?

cant wait for these “cross country” flights :)

thanks devs!

Well, more likely than not this refers to the historical accuracy, scale and level of detail of (certain/some/many/a few) towns and villages. Which given that this is about so much more than just the Ruhr area - which on its own would be an atrocious amount of work and detail - is entirely to be expected.

Edited by wellenbrecher

16 minutes ago, BlackHellHound1 said:

I do have one remark though. Don't call it "Fighting over Holland". That is not what my country is called.

Based on the airfield locations, you don't even have airfields in the actual area of Holland (aka North and South Holland provinces).

"The Netherlands consists out of twelve provinces: Groningen, Friesland, Drenthe, Overijssel, Flevoland, Gelderland, Utrecht, North-Holland, South-Holland, Zealand, North Brabant and Limburg."

So, as I can see, we need to use "Fighting in Netherlands" name for this chapter. This error occurs because we simply translated into English the common and standard name in Russian historiography - "Holland operation".

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 5

49 minutes ago, EAF19_Marsh said:

Can I be a little bit negative and say I would recommend cutting the map northth of Amsterdam and extending it be the same amount to the South? No particular reason for the city in the time-frame (other than JG bases, but is that so vital?) but adds quite a bit of work for the team without adding much to the 21st Army Group battles that covered territory further south such as Walcrheren

If you extend the map south you have some of a 1940 map ready to go....

We can't move map borders as we need all Luftwaffe airfields near Frankfurt and we need Me 262 (Rheine, Hopsten, Achmer, Hesepe) and JG 26 airfields on the north.

Our game is mainly devoted to the actions of aviation.

• Upvote 12

The Monhe and Eder dams are on that map.........interesting sightseeing perhaps 

......My dog says its definitely an indication we are getting a BIII special in 2019.........no doubt.......none at all.   Keep yer Tiffy and cue the music!! ;-)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BOO said:

The Monhe and Eder dams are on that map.........interesting sightseeing perhaps 

......My dog says its definitely an indication we are getting a BIII special in 2019.........no doubt.......none at all.   Keep yer Tiffy and cue the music!! ;-)

The correct day has also been chosen to reveal the Bodenplatte map. :)

We can't move map borders as we need all Luftwaffe airfields near Frankfurt and we need Me 262 (Rheine, Hopsten, Achmer, Hesepe) and JG 26 airfields on the north.

Our game is mainly devoted to the actions of aviation.

Fair point. Map looks great in any case with so much potential.

YAY i'll be able to fly above my house (build in 1928). Ready to file in report if it happens not to be there and/or if it happens not to be accurately depicted!!! :tease:

• Haha 2

Just now, Leifr said:

The correct day has also been chosen to reveal the Bodenplatte map. :)

Absolutely Leifr.....but I'm cautious...he's lied before about the amount of food a Labrador actually needs.....off to buy the Express and the Mail to check my horoscopes just to make absolutely sure!! 

Fantastic update!

Map is looking great, the Career Mode in Bodenplatte is sounding great really looking forward to that! Glad to see how much time it will span.

Battle of the Bulge, great that it is included for the Career. My father fought  in that battle for the U.S. Army.

Map area is bigger then i expected as area is heavy populated, good job! and amount of battles we can use it for is great, cant wait.

30 minutes ago, BlackSix said:

"The Netherlands consists out of twelve provinces: Groningen, Friesland, Drenthe, Overijssel, Flevoland, Gelderland, Utrecht, North-Holland, South-Holland, Zealand, North Brabant and Limburg."

So, as I can see, we need to use "Fighting in Netherlands" name for this chapter. This error occurs because we simply translated into English the common and standard name in Russian historiography - "Holland operation".

The Germans would've called it Holland (back then and now) too, so i think from the perspective of participants. Holland might be more correct (bystanders don't count) ;) 

• Upvote 2