Sign in to follow this  
chiliwili69

App to test FOV and resolution of VR devices

Since there are more and better VR devices in the market (that´s great!) it is good to compare how good they are in terms of FOV, resolution, glare, etc.

The guys of www.realovirtual.com have created a free VR application to measure that by yourself.

You can donwload from here:

https://knob2001.itch.io/test-fov-rv-testsglare-readbility-lens

More description (spanish) here:

https://www.realovirtual.com/articulos/5165/actualizada-entorno-prueba-visores-disenado-realovirtual

I will try this afternoon the Rift and VivePro.

• Like 1

I am very interested in the results. Sadly my deepoon e2 isn´t working with this very useful application because it needs motion controllers I don´t have.

I have it on my Odyssey, it took me a while to realise it's not an app you run but an environment you load from Steam had me stuck for a bit.  :)

ok, I learned: an environment isn´t an application :P

I struggle to understand the purpose for this tool. Benchmarking the manufactured headsets for which there are available specs? Or is it to benchmark SS, AA, etc's effect on text readability?

Posted (edited)

Its a tool to mesure FOV etc. A full description is on the linked page. Such a tool was missing all the years to make objective mesurements for vr-headsets to compare and so on. Its useful

Edited by hubert71