69thSpiritus_Mortem

TF is looking for Mission Builders to join our Team

Hello All

The TF 5.0 release will open up a whole new campaign environment for players and we hope to include a good selection of missions dealing with the conflict in North Africa.

We are looking for persons who are familiar with the CLIFFS OF DOVER Full Mission Builder and who are interested in building missions and campaigns.

Those who have the skills will have the opportunity to get their own ideas incorporated into the game and have a chance to share some of the rewards.

Please send a PM to me if you are interested.

Cheers

• Like 2

Veteran66:

You replied to this post... but when I replied to you the forum indicated you cannot receive messages.

You should PM me again and include your email.

Thanks

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I did tried Veteran66 campaign they are top notch  

Edited by ATAG_dB
  • Upvote 1

I mentioned this at ATAG. 

I think a QMB interface like 1946 would be appreciated much more than Single Missions. A DCG would be great but a QMB would really be appreciated easily as much if not more. 
The 'problem' with single missions is that once played (unless changed in the FMB) is that the outcome is generally the same. No changes to the Ai if coupled with a QMB matching '46 would be much more useful simply because of the options open to the player. 

To have an interface that would let you choose any of the current maps, any current aircraft, a random start point (Scramble, take-off, air start (with choice of altitudes ; Advantage/Disadvantage, head on, attack from stern or being attacked, time of day, type of weather, amount of enemy/friendly, custom skins (some features ready possible but lack of randomness due to them all being fixed missions..... well a QMB would be a much better focus IMHO. 

On a related note, I assumed me there must be progress/news on the Radio Commands menu as this will be a big step for Mission Builders and be really useful to be able to get the aircraft to follow instructions? 

Anyway, please consider a QMB like '46, it would be much more useful than just single missions. 

Cheers MP

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I agree with mysticpuma ,also dynamic campaign for both sides will be awesome :) 

Edited by bubo942
  • Like 1

QMB interface in old 46  is really one of the best there is, they work like anything else within FMB mission making. I do not know how COD interface work, But that should be fairly easy. to do in most programs I know of. 

But they are set on way. I made QMB missions for 46 and got them to rotate by naming the files 001 , 002 and 003, this way armor missions could have many different targets and  outcomes. For the heck of it I even put a ACE ai fighter in one of them. A particular dance and well made smb mission that suddenly would get you in deep shit even if you did not choose enemy :D . 

So basically you want a random mission generator? That's easy enough. Surprised there isn't a web version of one already to be honest. Could knock one up in a couple of hours.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, No.54_Reddog said:

So basically you want a random mission generator? That's easy enough. Surprised there isn't a web version of one already to be honest. Could knock one up in a couple of hours.

so. Will you?

Nothing ive seen comes close to the stuff you did for SOW in terms of scope and immersion (airframe life, stats let alone the map, targets, recces etc). I think its a shame your skills and knowledge are not currently used (for whatever reasons).

Edited by BOO

2 hours ago, BOO said:

so. Will you?

Nothing ive seen comes close to the stuff you did for SOW in terms of scope and immersion (airframe life, stats let alone the map, targets, recces etc). I think its a shame your skills and knowledge are not currently used (for whatever reasons).

I think they *are* but in DCS :-)

8 hours ago, No.54_Reddog said:

So basically you want a random mission generator

Yes , but the qmb form require the user to choose his plane and his enemies planes and numbers

7 hours ago, BOO said:

skills and knowledge are not currently used (for whatever reasons).

You forgot enthusiasm, patience, tolerate internet people commenting everything you do . People like Reddog will eventually burn themselves out trying to please the crowd ( burning candle in both ends etc etc) 

I really appreciated SOW and the missions he made while in TF . But doing all this and have a day job simply will not do in the long run. We can always hope he return to the arena, I for one would really like it if he answered to this call. It would for sure be quality

Edited by LuseKofte
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, No.54_Reddog said:

So basically you want a random mission generator? 

This was attempt by Russian guy just after CloD "release" - but end don't work well due AI behavior in waypoints, two enemy fighters cross at ~10 meters with each being ignored by the enemy.

This behavior is  observable in 'QM- Dogfight High - Allies advantage' - Fiat G.50 ignore the Hurricanes firing at their six because they are flying in "Normal Flight" waypoint. For the same reason planes in RTB became "blind/deaf".

Actually CloD don't have any kind of "QMB", just a bunch of (rushed) missions in what is allowed:

- Select time of day

- Select clouds (none, few, some)

- Select any (flyable) plane included in the mission, but can't change sides - if the mission is made for player fly as RAF and he select a Bf 109 will fly in No. 1426 "Rafwaffe'.

No options (is grayed) for select loadout, neither fuel quantity, but can adjust convergence.

Edited by Sokol1

1 hour ago, LuseKofte said:

I really appreciated SOW and the missions he made while in TF .

I need to correct that. While it's true I was a member of TF, during my brief tenure I didn't produce anything. In fact SoW was born partly out of that.

That said, I appreciate that SoW still provokes such support and fond memories for those who took part. 

In terms of requirements for a QMB, I think it's relatively obvious what would need including or taking into consideration. There are a couple of options since inclusion into the core game is out of the question. I could easily whip up either a standalone application you'd run on your desktop and save the file to the appropriate directory , or a web UI which would generate a file to download. 

However a lot rides on the AI which remains thus far as sub optimal. We used it to limited effect on SoW but it wasn't really up to the job. We would have to see what the AI revision eventually looked like and what it fixed.

• Thanks 1