Sign in to follow this  
-LUCKY-ThanksSkeletor

Il2 CloD Blitz Horrible Issue

I have a issue that is making the sim literally impossible to play since its new release. The UI becomes completely non responsive after i press escape to go back to a previous menu,  furthermore steam will come up with a pop up menu that covers the entire screen with a very comically low res image. I did not have this problem with the other TF patches but now its totally broke. 

I have windows 10 and a high end PC (i75820k OC to 4.6ghrz, 2x gtx 1080's SLI and 32gb of ddr4 ram plus the game is installed on my 2TB ssd) i have tried it with sli on and sli off. No change. I have reinstalled it several times following the procedure they recommended for people that were having problems initially but still no dice. I do have a widescreen monitor resolution is at 3440x1440 but i have tried the game on my secondary as well but still no success. Information is next to none right now and have not found a single person that has this issue as well so if there is anybody out there with some clever ideas or has had this issue before i would be very grateful for any input at all whatever it may be. 

Okay so I have somewhat figured out the issue. Seems full screen mode in game is kinda broken to some extent on my machine, no idea why but it is what it is. So what fixed it was switching to borderless windowed mode and then restart the game, then come in to the game and switch it back to full screen. This fixes that issue completely. 

Hi Lucky,

Am I right that you are running CLOD on a dual-monitor system? Switching to "pseudo mode" as you already did helps on some systems, on others it might cause performance issues.

The safe way to run CLOD (since TF 4.5) is to deactivate the second monitor in Windows before starting the sim. Annoying but until a bugfix is released maybe an option for you..?

Regards

JG4_DUI