69thSpiritus_Mortem

TFS Update: Tobruk Discussion

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, InProgress said:

-snip-

I don't know why so much hate on clod

-snip-

Because some of us played CloD for years, hundreds of hours and reached the conclusion that it isn't that great of a sim... And it's not.

Hate to burst your bubble... Actually, I don't really care.

25 minutes ago, InProgress said:

-snip-

And i think 1C and 777 knows better than you guys, if they decieded to support clod then they believe in it.

And I think that Blitz is proving itself to be just as much of a flop as the 2011 release. All observable statistics seem to back that point - it's dying pretty damned fast.

For the record, 777 has nothing to do with the TFS product - they simply share a publisher... And if the 2011 release is any indication, publishers make poor calls too.

Propping up the CloD corpse will ultimately prove itself to be a poor business decision.

Edited by Space_Ghost

1 minute ago, Space_Ghost said:

Because some of us played CloD for years, hundreds of hours and reached the conclusion that it isn't that great of a sim... And it's not.

Hate to burst your bubble... Actually, I don't really care.

I admit, there has never been a sim that i WANTED to like so much. But as you say...

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Space_Ghost said:

So did i, i pre ordered it back in 2011. For me it's great sim. If you hate it so much, why do you lurk on its forum?

Edited by InProgress

2 hours ago, InProgress said:

You may not like it but others do. 

That is the problem. 

Judging from the figures that Steam provides it would appear not many others do like it.

The long silences and lack of substance from TFS don't seem to be encouraging people to "re-like" it.:(

TF is continuing to work on the improvement of the CLIFFS OF DOVER game engine, and we expect to provide players with another level of experience with the TF 5.0 release.

We are rebuilding the entire game engine... that work remains the fundamental objective of Team Fusion.

Our North Africa Release will offer gamer's a new and exciting challenge in an environment which has not been seen in any recent Flight Simming offering.

And we will be completing the Release long before BoX would have been able to move onto this Theater of operations.

CoD's unique flight, weapons and damage systems will provide players with a enjoyable and complimentary alternative to the BoX series... players will be able enjoy the best of both worlds.  😎

And for those long suffering fans waiting for an update... here is something... not the update you've been waiting for, but a taste from our testing.

Werner Molders 109F-2 over the Channel map:

Bf109_F4_c_Molders_a017tail_Kill_S05.jpg

Bf109_F4_c_Molders_a017tail_Kill_S17.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Poor wimpy, for me CLOD 5•0 is a be or not to be in ww2 CFS . Unlike the above statements I see absolutely no future in box or great battles series. Other than some occational offline flights. So I have great hopes

25 minutes ago, Buzzsaw said:

... not the update you've been waiting for, but a taste from our testing.

Actually Buzzsaw this is the update I've been waiting for; a bit of freakin' passion about the game!:good:

If you've now got new planes to show within the game then well done and splurge it across a double page spread for eveyone to sit up and take notice of! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

Actually Buzzsaw this is the update I've been waiting for; a bit of freakin' passion about the game!:good:

If you've now got new planes to show within the game then well done and splurge it across a double page spread for eveyone to sit up and take notice of! 

Patience... we will have a detailed update with video, etc. in the near future.

20 minutes ago, Buzzsaw said:

Patience... we will have a detailed update with video, etc. in the near future.

I don't mean now this minute,  I mean make the most of what you've got.

And if you've got new '109's, Spitfires and a Gladiator and Wellington 'pit to show off then you've got enough material for several development diaries.  A decent write up and some decent visuals will go a long way over several weeks and give a sense of ongoing development.

Make sure what is shown crosses a quality threshold too.  No more beta testing stuff that either sends the audience to sleep or makes their eyes bleed.:(

3 hours ago, Buzzsaw said:

TF is continuing to work on the improvement of the CLIFFS OF DOVER game engine, and we expect to provide players with another level of experience with the TF 5.0 release.

We are rebuilding the entire game engine... that work remains the fundamental objective of Team Fusion.

Our North Africa Release will offer gamer's a new and exciting challenge in an environment which has not been seen in any recent Flight Simming offering.

And we will be completing the Release long before BoX would have been able to move onto this Theater of operations.

CoD's unique flight, weapons and damage systems will provide players with a enjoyable and complimentary alternative to the BoX series... players will be able enjoy the best of both worlds.  😎

And for those long suffering fans waiting for an update... here is something... not the update you've been waiting for, but a taste from our testing.

Bf109_F4_c_Molders_a017tail_Kill_S17.jpg

Roughly when will Patch 5.0 be released? 3 months from now, November 27th, 6 months from now? In this link you have pictures dated to 2017 of the Tobruk map and several other content, as well as pictures of the Wellington gunner stations, Bf 109 F-4 and CR.42 cockpits. It looks like 5.0 is nearly done with just a few minor tweaks. One final question is: Will you be adding any New AI well aircraft for Tobruk like the SM.79, Cant Z 1007, Cant Z 506 and any other fighters?

2 minutes ago, Novice-Flyer said:

Roughly when will Patch 5.0 be released? 3 months from now, November 27th, 6 months from now? In this link you have pictures dated to 2017 of the Tobruk map and several other content, as well as pictures of the Wellington gunner stations, Bf 109 F-4 and CR.42 cockpits. It looks like 5.0 is nearly done with just a few minor tweaks. One final question is: Will you be adding any New AI well aircraft for Tobruk like the SM.79, Cant Z 1007, Cant Z 506 and any other fighters?

Hello Novice

I can't give you a release date... that is beyond my responsibility.  All I can say is we are on schedule... but there are more than minor tweaks to be completed.

Re. new AI aircraft, TF has a policy that all new aircraft added should be flyable.  It is too much work to add a new model without giving the players the opportunity to fly that aircraft.

We have already provided a list of the new flyables, so you can see from there what will be included... there will be no new purely AI types.

• Like 1

I am keeping the faith and will prove it with my wallet.  I have always loved the almost photorealistic look of CloD.  I mainly wish that the functionality of the little things be improved and more closely mirror the BO series.  Things like having outside zomm not be bound to cockpit zoom, the ability to use the HOTOS on joystick to move around plane in outside view instead of your head if using TrackIR.  Stuff like that makes the game feel very dated and clumsy.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Wow, that 109 looks beautiful! Hopefully we can see the Spit V soon as well.

Is that the first completely new aircraft implemented into CloD by TF? (Not a variant made flyable like E4/late or the Beaufighter or Gladiator or Welly.)

Congratulations TF, I really hope you guys can pick up the schedule of development and PR updates to breathe some more live into the sim.

43 minutes ago, ATAG_Flare said:

Wow, that 109 looks beautiful! Hopefully we can see the Spit V soon as well.

Is that the first completely new aircraft implemented into CloD by TF? (Not a variant made flyable like E4/late or the Beaufighter or Gladiator or Welly.)

Congratulations TF, I really hope you guys can pick up the schedule of development and PR updates to breathe some more live into the sim.

Yes, the other completely new types, the P-40C, P-40E, Macchi C-202, Dewoitine D.520 and Martlet III are further back in the pipeline... although not that far.  😉

But these completely new aircraft are not as big a job as building the Wellington cockpits... cockpits take longer than external models... especially complex cockpits like the Wellington, and the Welli requires three new cockpits.... Pilot, Bombardier and Gunner... plus the Pilot and Bombardier cockpits of the Welli IA and IC are slightly different.

You will see the Spits quite soon.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

That is the problem. 

Judging from the figures that Steam provides it would appear not many others do like it.

The long silences and lack of substance from TFS don't seem to be encouraging people to "re-like" it.:(

Ehh did you read what I said before? People don't play it because there is nothing to play. Is it bad? Yes. Does it need to be changed? Yes. Will it be changed? Also yes. Game will get career, after that there will be reason to play. This is why steam charts are worthless as information about who likes clod. I love it, but I don't play it often, there is just nothing for me to do after I completed official scripted campaigns.

Great F2 😛 I can't wait to finally see fw190 😍  also will fw190 version you will make have cannons or just regular mg? I think A0/1 had only mg 😕

Edited by InProgress

For SP play I can recommend theOden’s Dynamic Mission. 

As much of my friends, I had great expectations for Cliffs of Dover. That ended in nothing but we expent a lot of hours on this sim. We had great times.

The new direction TF has taken is not what we had hoped for but we bought again Blitz and we will buy 5.0 if it's worth it.

If the product it's worth it, you will have my money and much people too.

Don't forget SP. This might be the part where TF may shine against others.

Regards

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, LF_ManuV said:

we bought again Blitz and we will buy 5.0 if it's worth it.

Wasn't blitz free for all clod owners? :new_russian:

17 minutes ago, InProgress said:

Wasn't blitz free for all clod owners? :new_russian:

Yes but we wanted to support TFS

• Like 1

11 hours ago, InProgress said:

Great F2 😛 I can't wait to finally see fw190 😍  also will fw190 version you will make have cannons or just regular mg? I think A0/1 had only mg 😕

For the Africa campaign the Fw190 would have been A4 or A5 tropical (thus machine guns and cannons), but the Fw190 is not in the list of flyable aircraft. The list show a gazillion variants of the 109, but not the 190. 

15 minutes ago, Tumbler- said:

For the Africa campaign the Fw190 would have been A4 or A5 tropical (thus machine guns and cannons), but the Fw190 is not in the list of flyable aircraft. The list show a gazillion variants of the 109, but not the 190. 

The FW-190A4-A5 were not used in Libya or Egypt... they were only used in Tunisia and from Sicily... and in 1943, which is beyond the timeline of TF 5.0.

We do expect to have the 190A in the next module after TF 5.0.

6 minutes ago, Buzzsaw said:

The FW-190A4-A5 were not used in Libya or Egypt... they were only used in Tunisia and from Sicily... and in 1943, which is beyond the timeline of TF 5.0.

We do expect to have the 190A in the next module after TF 5.0.

Thanks for the quick reply, I did some reading and noted indeed TF5.0 want be situated in Tunisia. Can’t wait for the post 5.0 release though :)

Hi Buzzsaw,

Do you know what plans TFS have for improving the singleplayer experience?  I found CloD to be very restricted with the simplistic AI, just one C3PO-style voice actor doing the entirety of the multinational Royal Air Force and a very Russian static campaign, with its themes of class struggle and bodice ripping romance.  Is there anything substantial planned to improve SP in version 5, or is it geared more towards multiplay?

2 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

Hi Buzzsaw,

Do you know what plans TFS have for improving the singleplayer experience?  I found CloD to be very restricted with the simplistic AI, just one C3PO-style voice actor doing the entirety of the multinational Royal Air Force and a very Russian static campaign, with its themes of class struggle and bodice ripping romance.  Is there anything substantial planned to improve SP in version 5, or is it geared more towards multiplay?

We have a coder dedicated to working on and fixing the AI. Should have news on the progress soon on this, I know they are making great strides but it is a long and boring journey. We also have another coder dedicated to developing a Dynamic Campaign Generator and we have members of multiple nationalities who are willing to help redo the voices. 

SP is just as important as MP.  

• Thanks 2

On 7/1/2018 at 1:49 PM, LF_ManuV said:

Yes but we wanted to support TFS

The irony of which being that TFS gain zero income from anything pre TF5.0. So all you did was put money in 1C's pocket.

Posted (edited)

I'm really looking forward to the 109E7NZ and all 109F versions.
thanks for the detailed update.

Edited by 7./SchG.2*SirAthlon

On 7/1/2018 at 2:16 AM, InProgress said:

I love it, but I don't play it often, there is just nothing for me to do after I completed official scripted campaigns.

And what is there to do in BOX after you've finished the campaigns?

I don't see it being all that different. You guys all act as though BOX has some great SP experience going for it. Am I missing something?

On 7/1/2018 at 2:16 AM, InProgress said:

People don't play it because there is nothing to play.

I'm not people, I guess.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Poochnboo said:

I don't see it being all that different. You guys all act as though BOX has some great SP experience going for it. Am I missing something?

After you finished campaigns? You mean survived like 1000 days of career? Career that you can replay as fighter, bomber, transport, ground attacker. Of course box has infinitely better single player. Clod will get that too one day, and I am waiting for it.

5 minutes ago, Poochnboo said:

I'm not people, I guess.

You really can't feel generalisation here? ... fine, MOST people.

On 7/7/2018 at 2:47 PM, No.54_Reddog said:

The irony of which being that TFS gain zero income from anything pre TF5.0. So all you did was put money in 1C's pocket.

Was that wrong?

After all distributing CFS games and earning money is a way to support the genre

On 7/7/2018 at 7:29 PM, Poochnboo said:

I'm not people, I guess.

The il 2 scriptet campaign was really good , and to me the rest I have tested is not really manage to keep me interested. But There is getting produced a great deal, so chances are there will be many good sp expiriences in the future. The war like attitude between different  CFS brands really do not help any of them. Gaining intrest to the genre does. 

On Sunday, July 08, 2018 at 3:29 AM, Poochnboo said:

The official career mode and PWCG. 

There's a reason why TFS is working on creating a dynamic campaign for Clod. 

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the information on the AI updates and the potential for new voicing.  Good luck with it and I hope it succeeds.