69thSpiritus_Mortem

TFS Update: Tobruk Discussion

Replied over on ATAG but just gotta say over here as well that the F looks fantastic. I'm eagerly awaiting being able to fly this warbird.

It does look absolutely great. Still I am mostly looking forward flying wellington :)

What a beauty the f model is, cant wait to get into that. The detail in the Welly gun position looks fantastic with all the rivets around the metalwork

good job fellas

Hals und beinbruch

My God, that is some beautiful modeling on both the Wellington turret and the '109 cockpit. Too bad the team isn't bigger, but it's coming along. If the airplanes are being imported, I'm wondering if we might just see this by this coming summer. Anyway, it does look really good. Hope you guys manage to keep it as well optimized as it is now, because it runs great on my laptop.

Very nice work,  hats off to Tamas.  Out of interest,  how long is the import process of the 109 expected to take? 

Cheers,  MP

1 hour ago, Mysticpuma said:

Very nice work,  hats off to Tamas.  Out of interest,  how long is the import process of the 109 expected to take? 

Cheers,  MP

SM and Buzzsaw said about 1-2 months until the 109 F is fully imported.

• Thanks 1

I can control my enthusiasm for the 109 F , it could make some dents and holes in my lovely Wellington. 

hello TF ! 

I am very excited about the new plans and especially the F4. I have some interrogations about it.

1. Do you use the F4 of BOS as a model ? (the cockpits looks very close) 

2. The FM is a modification of an existing on like the E4 or not ?

3. the F4 will be part of TF 5.0 or it can be released before ? 

Thaks for keeping the dream alive. 

1: No

2: New

3: v5.00 not before. It will be part of the first paid for add-on.  If successful  more paid content will follow. 

Cheers MP

• Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

Does the water effect now work for all water?  Just wondering if the depth of the water has now been been fixed so the aircraft no longer crash into the land tiles underneath and explode in a ball of flame? 

Nice work chaps. 

Edited by Mysticpuma
  • Upvote 1

Damn, that looks great, this huge smoke or bombs that leave this dust floating for a while, really great :biggrin:

Can't wait for new pc to play it on high details!

Another nice update!

Have to say though, that 109F looks a little too dark or red. Not sure.

Coming along nicely, thanks for the update, really appreciated.:salute:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Im so looking forward to this, thanks!

Posted (edited)

Whew, those tracers are fantastic.

As for the Channel, I do not recall there being too many whitecaps in Cliffs. Every time I pass over that body of water in real-world by boat or plane I marvel at the number of them.

Edited by Leifr

The whitecaps of the waves were removed a long time ago. I think it had to do with scaling. We have been messing around with them. They didn't make it for 4.5 but perhaps they will be included in the future. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/5/2018 at 3:18 PM, Mysticpuma said:

Does the water effect now work for all water?  Just wondering if the depth of the water has now been been fixed so the aircraft no longer crash into the land tiles underneath and explode in a ball of flame? 

Nice work chaps. 

Bump! 

On 5/5/2018 at 8:18 AM, Mysticpuma said:

Nice work chaps. 

What you are talking about is different than just the visual change. The map team has decoded that and found the problem tiles, but we haven't gotten to them yet. Once they are fixed, then you'll get this new visual effect on all water impacts, not just the tiles that are "deep" water. 

• Thanks 1

It all looks absolutely terrific. But, the thing that made me shake my head and go "Wow" was that tracer smoke. It's the most realistic gun firing effect that I have ever seen in a combat flight sim. Here's hoping you get this out to us this year. 

2 hours ago, Poochnboo said:

It all looks absolutely terrific. But, the thing that made me shake my head and go "Wow" was that tracer smoke. It's the most realistic gun firing effect that I have ever seen in a combat flight sim. Here's hoping you get this out to us this year. 

Same here. Great!

9 minutes ago, Space_Ghost said:

That water looks great - the tracer smoke looks Hollywood.

20163005231054.jpg

battle-of-britain-large1-56a61c453df78cf7728b6470.jpg

11 minutes ago, Space_Ghost said:

Okay?

so how is the tracer smoke Holliwood?

And there 'ya go. Like I said. Most realistic I've ever seen.

I think the tracer smoke looks pretty darn good. It is the same effect that we've had for years for the MG-FF tracers but it doesn't look bad. Sure I think the BoS smoke tracers may be a little bit better but in that sim there's the problem that nearly every single tracer leaves smoke including rounds that probably didn't in real life...

Posted (edited)

I guess if a string of cotton candy [edited] is your thing, so be it.

7. Comments containing profanity, personal insults, accusations of cheating, excessive rudeness, vulgarity, drug propaganda, political and religious discussion and propaganda, all manifestations of Nazism and racist statements, calls to overthrow governments by force, inciting ethnic hatred, humiliation of persons of a particular gender, sexual orientation or religion are not allowed and will result in a ban.

Edited by SYN_Haashashin

@Space_Ghost, keep it civil please. 

If you do not want tracers that smoke, then you can select a tracer round that did not smoke. This isn't an effect we added for cosmetic reasons, the Buckingham tracer round is historical. 

Water crashes look much improved. The Buckingham tracer is a nice addition, though looks like it could be refined a bit. The new ground explosions are definitely odd and I don't think they're an improvement on the existing ones, unless they're meant to be less resource intensive. Previously lots of bomb explosions could cause significant slowdown, so if this is an attempt to fix that, then keep at it - but the visual of it needs a bit of work seemingly as I think a lot of people have been critical of the effect.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

The new ground explosions are definitely odd and I don't think they're an improvement on the existing ones, unless they're meant to be less resource intensive.

Maybe the reason for change this is "be less resource intensive" (FPS boost), but visually this bombs explosions look inferior to previous versions (even from 2011).

https://youtu.be/aziSF-Ff_6Q?t=38

https://youtu.be/4MAQOKt6USs?t=76

The issue with the new is this several small puffs of smoke/dirt after the main explosion, this looks very out place:

https://s31.postimg.cc/ou63618y3/Bombs-cheese.png

But seems this is an "collateral effect" due changes is other effects - the same "smoke puffs" see after bombs explosion is see in this smoke columns (the more dark) from fires on ground:

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=35345&d=1524901321

Probable for the same reason - changes in fires on ground, fires on aircraft now looks weird. Seems that CloD engine use limited number of effects... changes in one detail affect (negatively) other.  :mellow:

Edited by Sokol1

You two should stop it or take it over to PM if you wish.

Also Hauggy, it is not of good form to edit a post that I (or any other mod) edited for a good reason.

Haash

We'll have to see how they look when we're using them in the game...WHICH I HOPE WILL BE SOON! I'm sorry, did I just shout that? 

2 hours ago, Sokol1 said:

The issue with the new is this several small puffs of smoke/dirt after the main explosion, this looks very out place:

Yes, Sokol. I thought so, too. Not whispy enough. But I'll probably be trying too hard to dodge the bombs as I'm rolling down the runway, to be staring at them. 

It just seems like if the clouds of dirt are that dense, they should have more weight and fall back to the grounds. It looks like there's no gravity at play in that effect. Dirt clouds in space.

• Like 1