Han

Developer Diary, Part 191 - Discussion

3 minutes ago, Han said:
Hello everybody,

After releasing 3.001 update and going wild with the celebration - having 5 work days in a week instead of 7 ;) - we continue the further development.

Thankfully, 3.001 release went ok and didn't require any urgent critical hotfixes, which is strange for such fundamental changes, to be honest. Anyway, at this moment we already have around 40 changes and enhancements we plan to release in the next 3-4 weeks. Graphics, Career, AI, multiplayer and some other stuff will be addressed.

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 6

Great news and great update on the development process. Also I love to read about a patch coming in the next 3-4 weeks. And from the PO-2 pics I take it that we will have the night witches in BoX in not so far away future somewhen this year?

Wuut 2 Spitfires for the price of 1? :o:

That's good news!

A couple of new issues might need to get fixed but yes nothing critical that was a pretty amazing release.

You guys work as hard as soviet coal miners it seems. Most impressive!

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy

seeing as the Spit is getting that lovely treatment i kinda hope we're getting an AS modification for the G-14 :)

• Upvote 4

This is seriously cool stuff! Sooner than I expected as well! =D

One thing that would really get me excited though, would be some "insider" news on a certain Russian/American transport plane... *winkwinknudgenudge* ;)

That Tiger tank though... holy moly that thing looks amazing! <3 :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Amazin! The game is goin the right way. I personally would like to see some improvements in the "quality of life" department. Especially the dserver. Connection queues, network performance enhancement etc.
Any word on that? Cheers

• Like 2
  • Upvote 30

• Lovely PO 2, thanks for the update. I really do not agree there is no urgent fixes. Many cannot use the game and have problems getting in to servers. I hope that is coming in the first patch. But good job, personally I can live with the bugs I found
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 5

Awesomeness !

Very exciting stuff in there, really looking forward to the new Spit when Early Access begins!

6pOobu9.jpg

Is dserver what was meant by 'multiplayer' in the post?

Looks great!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 7

Thank you once again, dear developer team!

Not only for this unexpected DD, but also for being generous and giving us both eliptical and clipped wing configurations for the Mk. IXe.

Can't wait to get my hands on this beauty!

Looks amazing!!!

great news that some hot fixes are coming soon too.

Cheers

Also I want to say I am absolutely loving all this attention Single Player is getting!

• Upvote 4

Spit with clipped wings...Pe2...:new_russian:...Fantastic...!

Thanks for the news! WW1 pilot looks badass, Tiger is beautiful (I hope Panther soon follow) and Bobp planes are shaping well!

I hope for some performance tweaking in the update....

Edited by Voidhunger

Interesting; Erla haube G-14..

It seems that the ball rolls again. This is great. Wonderful news to see all projects move forward.

I’m a bit concerned about no news about the career problem of not saving in stats server and not been able to move forward. Please, we need some news on this matter urgently. How can I start a new career if I know that it will encounter this bug sooner or later? Please, tell us if you have found a solution.

thanks in advance

Edited by PA_Spartan-
  • Upvote 2

Excellent work as always. Nice pilot figures and Bodenplatte 3D models. And that little biplane is a very nice addition.

I hope that will we get some bombs for that one, so we can harass the Axis airbases ;)

Hmm...shouldn't the G-14 have large wheel fairings? I'm reasonably sure the large tail unit it has was introduced before them.

1 minute ago, KG_S_MrFies said:

please   Bf 109  G14 ASM Engine  (:

Not without a redesign of the forward fuselage, the larger SC required the engine cowling to be modified into the late war version as seen on the G-10 and K-4.

Edited by PainGod85

Wow, Lots of cooooooooooooool stuff.

The Luftstreitskräfte pilot models, while a bit over the top, look so damn awesome. 

1 hour ago, FFS_Cybermat47 said:

That Luftstreitskrafte pilot looks like he means business :biggrin:

You. Stole Made. My post. Word. For. Word. Before I made it.

High five :salute:!

Edited by LsV_Trupobaw
  • Haha 1

I think it's awesome you guys are making a Po-2 - planes like that add a lot of immersion.  

The planeset of BoBp is awesome too but I'm really hoping that you'll keep it up with all the single player attention and feature improvement.  To me, 3.001 is by far and away the best update yet.  A whole letter grade improvement in enjoyability and it's because of not only the career but all the visual improvements and tweaks throughout.    

Great work!

Ceowulf<><

• Like 1

Yep... that Luftstreitskrafte pilot looks hardcore.

Coolest piece of concept art I've seen in ages.

Really looking forward to Flying Circus.

Cant wait. Just cant wait. I like ROF and playing from day one and now it will be even better and normandy is my fav ww2 aviation theatre (along with the midway battle). Thank you so much Han and team.