NO_SQDeriku777

Really hope to see more COOP events listed here

Since the current COOP interface offer no chat feature, voice comms or anything to actually you know coordinate COOP missions I hope that this forum or another dedicated forum could be used to coordinate COOP events. 

Hi NO_SQDeriku777,

This is the right forum for events, be it COOP or otherwise, you are right there. We at Syndicate are getting more practice every week and most probably will do some public event sooner than later.

Ohh you might take a look Sundays at around 20:00 UTC and see if the SYN Coop server is up and open in the list, 2 weeks ago it was and we had some ITAF and other guys joining.

Haash

41 minutes ago, SYN_Haashashin said:

Hi NO_SQDeriku777,

This is the right forum for events, be it COOP or otherwise, you are right there. We at Syndicate are getting more practice every week and most probably will do some public event sooner than later.

Ohh you might take a look Sundays at around 20:00 UTC and see if the SYN Coop server is up and open in the list, 2 weeks ago it was and we had some ITAF and other guys joining.

Haash

Thanks.  I will try and check it out Sunday. I am hoping the new MP friend feature will allow passwordless entry to COOP servers in the next patch.

Just now, NO_SQDeriku777 said:

I am hoping the new MP friend feature will allow passwordless entry to COOP servers in the next patch.

It may be open due to be playing around but If we set an event, it will be passworded for sure and only given to participants

Haash

28 minutes ago, SYN_Haashashin said:

It may be open due to be playing around but If we set an event, it will be passworded for sure and only given to participants

Haash

And this will be a problem for drop-in COOP events unless the Devs work this out.  How to securely share out access and keep the trolls out.  How do you plan to coordinate and distribute access to the COOP password and Teamspeak for your upcoming event(s)?

Edited by NO_SQDeriku777

16 minutes ago, NO_SQDeriku777 said:

How to securely share out access and keep the trolls out.  How do you plan to coordinate and distribute access to the COOP password and Teamspeak for your upcoming event(s)?

As always has been done before...PM. For Teamspeak, the official BoS one can be used so no problem at all.

We do not plan to do "drop-in" events.

Haash

Yeah maybe I'll try to coordinate something... I hate the current multiplayer options. WOL has plane sets/front lines/load outs that make absolutely no sense to my brain... And TAW doesn't have buildings on the map...

I have made a handful of CO-OP missions. And I have never played CO-OP with a another human yet...

9 hours ago, NETSCAPE said:

Yeah maybe I'll try to coordinate something... I hate the current multiplayer options. WOL has plane sets/front lines/load outs that make absolutely no sense to my brain... And TAW doesn't have buildings on the map...

I have made a handful of CO-OP missions. And I have never played CO-OP with a another human yet...

Well, I would look forward to jumping in any COOP missions with full voice comms.   

It's still odd that there has literally not been a single publicized COOP mission in this forum since I made my initial post. Is it because the COOP feature was too buggy to be reliable or is there some other reason?

Edited by NO_SQDeriku777

I tested my coop missions, bugs aren't a problem. I played them with people, maybe 10 sorties now. No issues, if there were, it was by mission design *looks in mirror* 

9 minutes ago, NETSCAPE said:

I tested my coop missions, bugs aren't a problem. I played them with people, maybe 10 sorties now. No issues, if there were, it was by mission design *looks in mirror* 

Well, outside of FNBF (which is more a GMT timezone thing) this forum is kind of dead event-wise, COOP or otherwise.

1 hour ago, NO_SQDeriku777 said:

It's still odd that there has literally not been a single publicized COOP mission in this forum since I made my initial post.

Have you considered taking the initiative and trying to start and organize one yourself, instead of waiting for someone else to do all the work for you?  Lots of fantastic mission builders making their work available to the community to be used for things like this.

Is it because the COOP feature was too buggy to be reliable or is there some other reason?

It is not buggy at all.

52 minutes ago, 19//Tuesday said:

Have you considered taking the initiative and trying to start and organize one yourself, instead of waiting for someone else to do all the work for you?  Lots of fantastic mission builders making their work available to the community to be used for things like this.

It is not buggy at all.

I was expressing surprise that have been no COOP events being posted since this new feature came out.  I find that kind of odd.  If I had the bandwidth I would consider organizing one but I doubt very much my crappy Internet connection could manage a stable COOP mission at any reasonable scale.  The bandwidth requirements for hosting a COOP game far exceed the requirements to play in one.

Edited by NO_SQDeriku777

I also would love to take part in coop missions. I think the devs have done a poor job advertising this new mode. I have just found out about it recently and it hats no chat and nothing. I'd love to see a hyper lobby kind of thing where you don't have to plan everything in advance so much. Coordination is a big issue. How could one raise the participation in those kinds of events? The JG4 has many members who would take part as well I guess.