=SqSq=switch201

Mod Wish List

This is my mod Wish List. It is also my somewhat my development wishlist too, but these are things I think (I hope I don't really know 100%) can be done with mods.

1) faster career mission start: basically, have air start put you closer to the objective.

2) new mission types.

3) performance mod: a mod that reduces the number of planes (both sides) in career missions. 

4) Could we mod separate fuel tanks???? in theory it seems simple but I am sure it is not. 

5) Finish career mission simulation mod: again this one would be hard, but it would be cool if I could finish a career mission and have the rest of the actions "simulated". This could be as simple as counting the number of planes left in the air and randomly killing off a few. I just want something so I don't have to wait for the rest of my flight to finish after I have bailed out.

6) can't think of any more, but I am sure other people have ideas. 

1. Better/ more Smoke effects for Trucks,Tanks,Ships,Buildings,etc. Bigger and longer lasting for a more "living" battlefield

2. Engine replacement sounds.

3. Oxygen Simulation. Both, sound and Physic effect (s)

4. Better overall FX. Fires, smoke, Fuel leaks etc.

5. Map mods. New maps, Retextures, Buildings, Houses, Vehicles, Ships, Animals,etc.

6. New UI style if Possible. Like new Loading screens,Hangar replacement. (I cant see it anymore^^)

...and many more if I had a Beer...or two

• Upvote 1

Some of those are more suited to Harry Potter than your average modder. 

A few of my pet wants may or may not be any easier:

Higher resolution headrest cushion in Bf-109 series.

Better layout of briefings in career.

Remove player's forum login name from Kill notifications in career.

Built-in bomb damage via custom textures to Stalingrad airfields, particularly winter map.

Alter repetitive text messages from AI speech

Finer canopy scratches and raindrops

Finer tracer textures for distant gunfire

- RoF-like clouds

- More diverse AI behavoiur

- Map (w/o GPS marker) available in the corner at "Expert" settings 

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Gore: blood inside the cockpit and external views. It could be made optional.

Oil splashes too.

Transparent resizeable map in expert mode.

Swastikas on planes, menus, etc

Personalization: uploadable pics in career mode, customizable skins, etc.

Changeable or variable weather within the same mission.

Edited by PA_Spartan-
  • Upvote 1

Any changes require coding are not possible. That is the majority of your wish-list sorry to tell you. Access to our source code or deep changes to technology is not allowed.

Jason

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Right!

Was reading all this and was like "I'm pretty sure none of this is ever happening" unless the devs make it ofc.

I hardly see what could be done, it's really up to the guys motivated enough to do the stuff they themselves want.

I could perhaps suggest a mod that replaces the flags of the "empire" with more historical ones politically incorrect if you will (on ships and on the scoreboard), that's the only thing that comes to mind.

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy

54 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

Any changes require coding are not possible. That is the majority of your wish-list sorry to tell you. Access to our source code or deep changes to technology is not allowed.

Jason

And are you planning to do any of these ideas? Any would be most than welcome. ;)

IMO dreaming would be more constructive if the devs spoke out which aspects of the game could be moddable in their opinion. A few examples would suffice to give us an idea.

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, PA_Spartan- said:

And are you planning to do any of these ideas? Any would be most than welcome. ;)

I'm pretty sure that drop tanks were mentionned at some point.

Cliffs of Dover Blitz 5.0 might have them too I remember seeing a BF 109 fuel tank.

Swastikas on medals pls.

Also if its possible plane of your choice in the hangar instead of IL2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Voidhunger said:

Swastikas on medals pls.

Also if its possible plane of your choice in the hangar instead of IL2

I agree for historical reasons

the medals do not look good if there are strictly accurate.

I understand the reasons for not having them but it should be made optional. A mod would be a perfect solution to not break the laws in some countries and being fare to history.

:excl:

PLEASE, do not start a senseless and fruitless discussion about swastikas. 

Edited by PA_Spartan-

No idea is this is possible as a mod but it would seem to be a sort of skinning issue.  In 1946 there was the ability to put your own face in place of the the graphic pilot face.  Just a nice little touch to screenshots.  If I remember correctly there was a template to size and stretch the photo so it would show right in the game.  You could also see your friends as well.  There were also uniform changes that could be made, a mod I see in the works in another thread.

3 hours ago, VBF-12_Stick-95 said:

No idea is this is possible as a mod but it would seem to be a sort of skinning issue.  In 1946 there was the ability to put your own face in place of the the graphic pilot face.  Just a nice little touch to screenshots.  If I remember correctly there was a template to size and stretch the photo so it would show right in the game.  You could also see your friends as well.  There were also uniform changes that could be made, a mod I see in the works in another thread.

This was also possible to do in Rise of Flight (see this thread in the RoF forums for my mod in this regard):  https://riseofflight.com/forum/topic/7445-wanna-see-yourself-rof-cockpit-it-can-be-done/?hl=+yourself +cockpit 

Now that AnKor has made it possible to open/edit the files inside the .gtp files in BoX, I'll be taking a look to see if something similar might be possible in BoX, unless someone beats me to it :)

• Like 1

Some advanced system settings? 

Selectable Pitot tube or Reticle? 

For the Spitfire selectable fuel gauge indicator? 

I'd like to ask for some talented person in the modding community, to introduce a mod that enables users to adjust the engine, guns, and speech files, in order to hear the radio commands and traffic please...

As it stands at the moment, I can't turn the volume up on the radio, without the engine and guns etc being affected too.

I can't believe this was never an option in the first place.

Female soviet pilots (and voices) 

New loading screens

WWII themed music

More ground objects for airfields

I could go on all day ;)

Posted (edited)

Il mio desiderio...

4K; work in progress.

26083717317_2e5859e3b3_o.png

Edited by Picchio
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Please can we have a mod that turns off the "Mods Enabled" click message on start up ;) 

• Upvote 1

my mods wish:

moving and fighting soldiers 
ground crew
more static planes and vehicles
airfield equipment
horse carriage

Vander make for RoF some nice objects like:

Preview2_zps81447081.jpg

horses_02_zps0ca8ad18.jpg

• Upvote 1

How about a mod to turn off the radio entirely?   The radio messages in the Career are useful but in some of the  online servers they are meaningless.  One minute you re being told the  wind is from the East then 10 minutes later they are saying it is from the West or you hear  a flight being told their mission was successful and to RTB when there are no AI in the map.

It is hard to suggest much else as we have no idea what Jason counts as a 'programming change'.  With the exception of tweaks to sound & graphics technically all of it is.   Maybe muting the radio is?

Once you can locate the radio sound files, you can mute them by replacing with void files.

My candidate would be customizable object icons/labels as we had them in 1946 and CloD. Lefuneste with his migoto mod has already made the first steps, making labels invisible when the LoS is blocked.

1 hour ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

How about a mod to turn off the radio entirely?   The radio messages in the Career are useful but in some of the  online servers they are meaningless.  One minute you re being told the  wind is from the East then 10 minutes later they are saying it is from the West or you hear  a flight being told their mission was successful and to RTB when there are no AI in the map.

It is hard to suggest much else as we have no idea what Jason counts as a 'programming change'.  With the exception of tweaks to sound & graphics technically all of it is.   Maybe muting the radio is?

You dont need mods to turn off radio, i was turning them off by going in 1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\Audio folder and just rename radio folder to -radio, and no more audio from AI pilots, youll just here static when they shoul talk, music to my ears :)  just after any update you have to do it again

1 hour ago, 77.CountZero said:

You dont need mods to turn off radio, i was turning them off by going in 1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\Audio folder and just rename radio folder to -radio, and no more audio from AI pilots, youll just here static when they shoul talk, music to my ears :)  just after any update you have to do it again

Thanks.  I know that is how it is done in other games but as nobody had mentioned that option I assumed it could not be done here. 

I haven't looked at this thread in while, and just saw Jason's comment. 

I was wondering if there would be a way to edit the mission files generated by career after they have been created and still have them work within the career system. If that can be done, then a mod could do operations on a mission file after it has been generated to spice things up.  I figure that's not changing the code its just editing a mission file. the only thing will be if you can use an edited mission file as a "career mission" 

1 hour ago, =SqSq=switch201 said:

I haven't looked at this thread in while, and just saw Jason's comment. 

I was wondering if there would be a way to edit the mission files generated by career after they have been created and still have them work within the career system. If that can be done, then a mod could do operations on a mission file after it has been generated to spice things up.  I figure that's not changing the code its just editing a mission file. the only thing will be if you can use an edited mission file as a "career mission" 

I tried to do this in RoF several years ago (wanted to do it as a way of injecting historical skins into the missions) but it was not possible in that career mode (the mission was regenerated each time you went back into career mode so any changes you'd made to the previously-generated career mission were discarded).  So instead I had to spend hundreds of hours actually incorporating the skins into the career mode (fortunately the devs were willing to work with me and others to feed improvements into RoF's career mode at that point).  Not sure if the BoX career mode works the same way, but if so that could be a problem.

Hoping to see a mod for AI audio that has Germans speaking English with German accents, and Russians speaking English with Russian accents. Would help offline immensely, and save me having to turn on the HUD every time I hear a radio call to see what is going on with my wing men.

• Upvote 1

Has nobody tried to make it possible to fly over Moscow?

3 minutes ago, BorysVorobyov said:

Has nobody tried to make it possible to fly over Moscow?

I'd imagine that would require a coding change, and Jason has ruled such mods out.

Posted (edited)

Since the release of 3.0 the render distance of cities, ships have gotten terrible.  In different missions, Coop/Dogfight/Career, the distance of cities rendering has gotten terrible.  You are almost on top of ships before they are visible.  I have tried every render setting in game you can do and it remains the same. I could zoom in on a City, Airfield or ships and see from quite far away and find the factories, airfield buildings, and ships.  Now it just seems porked.  I would like the render properties we had pre patch.  and pre patch clouds............... and the most important............. Fix Track IR so it behaves like it did before the last update...

Cheers

Hoss

3 minutes ago, AndyJWest said:

I'd imagine that would require a coding change, and Jason has ruled such mods out.

Does that mean they are completely done with Moscow/Stalingrad/Kuban development?...............  what you have is what you get?   No fixes, no fine tuning?........... 

Edited by 19//Hoss

5 hours ago, TG-55Panthercules said:

I tried to do this in RoF several years ago (wanted to do it as a way of injecting historical skins into the missions) but it was not possible in that career mode (the mission was regenerated each time you went back into career mode so any changes you'd made to the previously-generated career mission were discarded).  So instead I had to spend hundreds of hours actually incorporating the skins into the career mode (fortunately the devs were willing to work with me and others to feed improvements into RoF's career mode at that point).  Not sure if the BoX career mode works the same way, but if so that could be a problem.

In SCG.gtp there are folders 13, 14 and 15 which deal with each chapter of the career.  There is a skins.cfg in each which lists each aircraft and it's unit with a generic skin next to it.   You could probably edit this so at least each unit wears a different skin.  

55 minutes ago, 19//Hoss said:

Does that mean they are completely done with Moscow/Stalingrad/Kuban development?...............  what you have is what you get?   No fixes, no fine tuning?........... 

No. It means what it says. That Jason has told us that mods involving changes to code won't be allowed. Mods. Not changes by the developers. 

2 hours ago, 19//Hoss said:

Since the release of 3.0 the render distance of cities, ships have gotten terrible.  In different missions, Coop/Dogfight/Career, the distance of cities rendering has gotten terrible.  You are almost on top of ships before they are visible.  I have tried every render setting in game you can do and it remains the same. I could zoom in on a City, Airfield or ships and see from quite far away and find the factories, airfield buildings, and ships.  Now it just seems porked.  I would like the render properties we had pre patch.  and pre patch clouds............... and the most important............. Fix Track IR so it behaves like it did before the last update...

Cheers

Not sure if this might help, but...did you see the new setting in:    Settings > Game---------------------> Map Scenery Distance

Is set to 20km by default but can be adjusted to 50km or Unlimited. Not sure if it will do what you want. I haven't played around with it.

5 hours ago, 19//Hoss said:

Cheers

Hoss

Sorry nothing has changed. Same as before. If you want maximum object draw distance use the Ultra Preset. Maximum draw distance is 10km. And drop the attitude. 

Jason

2 hours ago, kendo said:

Not sure if this might help, but...did you see the new setting in:    Settings > Game---------------------> Map Scenery Distance

Is set to 20km by default but can be adjusted to 50km or Unlimited. Not sure if it will do what you want. I haven't played around with it.

That's not what the setting does Kendo.

Jason

will be goot to allow the missions designer to set the object LOD`s so we can set a important target like a ship or Buildings to LOD50 (50km) ;)