JimmySolarium

Co Op Missions // cannot establish connection

What miracle am I supposed to perform, in order to either host a server or join one? All ports are free, firewalls permissions are good but my brother and I are not able to establish a connection to any coop server. It always gets us this error message #10019 coonection to server couldnt be established <- I tried to translate this into english :)  #10019 Die Verbindung zumSpieleserver konnte nicht hergestellt werden

We are clueless..anyone managed to establish a connection?

Cheers

Jimmy

• Upvote 2

Yes please I agree with Jimmy and further there are no instructions on how to properly set up, host or join a coop server.  Please provide this to your users, we have tried and get the same message connection to server could not be established.

Looking forward to  hearing solutions to this issue.

S~

SEOWHQ_Badger

Same problem here. I've just purchased two copies of BoS so I can play it multiplayer on my Lan and although i can happily join servers hosted on the internet from both PC's when I try to host my own server on one PC and join on the other I get the same message #10019connection to server could not be established. If someone knows the answer the this it would be greatly appreciated.

Tim

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, =BES=Coyote-66 said:

You guys need to open ports 28000 & 28100.  Both TCP and UDP

Thanks. Have you been able to host/connect to your own co-op?

How do we go about opening these ports? 

Cheers

3 minutes ago, Mcdaddy said:

Thanks. Have you been able to host/connect to your own co-op?

How do we go about opening these ports? 

Cheers

Check the documentation for your router. Open 28100 UDP (for players to download mission) and 28000 TCP and UDP (for communications to and from players).

I finally got it working!. I'd mailed support a few times and got no help at all and the I'd already opened the firewall ports (28000 TCP/UDP, 28100 TCP/UDP,  80 TCP , 443 TCP ) and even tried it with the firewall off on both PCs and adding the PC acting as the server to the DMZ which made no difference. What did make a difference was in the settings for multiplayer adding the specific IP address of that is used to connect to my Lan. My PC runs VMware so has several IPs on different virtual interfaces.

My next issue after being able to actually join a game was immediately getting kicked out with a #10009 error. Again I figured this out by myself with a bit of guesswork and this was fixed by again going into multiplayer settings and changing the bandwidth allowed up from the default 1Mb/s up to the max of 10Mb/s for both sending and receiving. I did this on both server and client and hey presto I can finally have a local multiplayer session on my Lan. What would have been useful is having this info in an FAQ as it would have saved my hours of frustration. The PDF multiplayer guide for example is out of date as it states to fix the problem you need to download a and run a dedicated server and this is no longer the case.

At least I got there in the end

On 3/19/2018 at 6:22 AM, SomeCallMeTim said:

I finally got it working!. I'd mailed support a few times and got no help at all and the I'd already opened the firewall ports (28000 TCP/UDP, 28100 TCP/UDP,  80 TCP , 443 TCP ) and even tried it with the firewall off on both PCs and adding the PC acting as the server to the DMZ which made no difference. What did make a difference was in the settings for multiplayer adding the specific IP address of that is used to connect to my Lan. My PC runs VMware so has several IPs on different virtual interfaces.

My next issue after being able to actually join a game was immediately getting kicked out with a #10009 error. Again I figured this out by myself with a bit of guesswork and this was fixed by again going into multiplayer settings and changing the bandwidth allowed up from the default 1Mb/s up to the max of 10Mb/s for both sending and receiving. I did this on both server and client and hey presto I can finally have a local multiplayer session on my Lan. What would have been useful is having this info in an FAQ as it would have saved my hours of frustration. The PDF multiplayer guide for example is out of date as it states to fix the problem you need to download a and run a dedicated server and this is no longer the case.

At least I got there in the end

You're more successful than I.  I, for a still unknown reason to me, still can't get my ports opened properly via router and modem.

Are you successful guys going through your PC and not using Dserver? I am having a Dserver issue where all files, etc. are where they should be (Coop folder), but when running Dserver on another PC (I don't want to mess up my flying PC if it gets hacked), it still drops the mission into Dogfight, and doesn't work. I can spectate, but that's it. Any ideas on actually how to use this mode?

If you opened the ports in your router/modem, then it could be that your router/modem is actually behind your ISP modem and that one is blocking the ports. I had this issue with mine and had to get VPN to host my coop mission.

It seems that many people have a problem with ports. I have tried some online checkers and they seem unreliable. The best one comes from https://portforward.com/

Download the "Network Utilities" https://portforward.com/software/download-instructions/network-utilities/

Install it and press on "Trial", you don't need an account for this. Use the "Port Checker Tool" for both TCP and UDP ports, you should run it on the PC that its ports need to be checked.

Edited by KG200_Volker
  • Upvote 2

Just read, that here in Germany with the Router " EasyBox804" of the Provider Vodafone, Portmapping is not possible... Cheapest crap they send..grrr...

On 3/22/2018 at 6:10 AM, SCG_Riksen said:

If you opened the ports in your router/modem, then it could be that your router/modem is actually behind your ISP modem and that one is blocking the ports. I had this issue with mine and had to get VPN to host my coop mission.

Thanks for that- will have to try a VPN. I use a mobile 4G Wi-Fi adapter so am not able to access ports from the computer as far as I know how. 

After working on CO-OP missions I finally wanted to actually play one with a friend... ended up here for obvious reasons. Opened ports (yeah that was a whole...thing) and checked with the port checker utility mentioned above. 

We do need a pinned guide on here and steam for people who are not tech savvy though. 

• Upvote 1

I finally managed to host a coop mission, after being able to open ports 28000/28100 both TCP and UDP after disabling the firewall in my router.

Thanks a lot for the checker Tool, KG200_Volker, with that i finally managed to find out, which port was still closed .

Thanks for the ongoing help in this forum in general, great community we have here! Thumbs up! :-)

DONT DISABLE YOUR ROUTERS FIREWALL!

It’s the first line of defense and hides all devices connected to your network from attackers. That’s why we open specific only ports, without the firewall all ports are open!

If you are uncertain for your port forwarding check here:  https://portforward.com/router.htm  for instructions on your routers port fowarding. Maybe you won’t find the exact type of yours but usually the same company routers have very similar menus.

Edited by KG200_Volker

I am unable to host too and a lot of times I cannot join either.

I tried hosting a coop with the Steam version and see which ports were active. There was traffic following ports:

App Name: Il-2
tcp: 7534,9264,17997,28100,28000
udp: 49153-49154,64319

image.png.fdb6206d33dc1a912e0cc53ac3648a95.png

That's more than just 28000 and 28100. Why are the other ports being used and should we forward them too?

if it isnt working contact your isp. I had everything setup correctly for months and was pulling my hair out, called the isp and those dingleberries were blocking port forwarding.  Rural America ISPs, terrible.

Edited by banzaii

I have an issue too!, when I create a cooperative mission with the test mission provided by the developers, my crew can join the cooperative server without issues, but then when we try to load a mission (even one that we made with very simple things, like a practice academy) it doesn't allow anyone except me (the host) to join, it gives a "File Transfer Error", We tried making everyone download the mission and place it on the correct folder but we still get the same issue.

I have all the relevant ports open, since they are able to connect to the trial mission, but for personal missions or even downloaded missions, it is not possible!

I've got IPv6 - port forwarding doesn't work withit (Vodafone cable germany) I would have to set the cable modem into "bridge mode" and connect another normal router to it to prepare the port opening there.....

Joining to other working server is no problem

Edited by OpaPoetschke

On 3/18/2018 at 5:29 PM, =BES=Coyote-6 said:

You guys need to open ports 28000 & 28100.  Both TCP and UDP

where on the isp router?

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 2:58 PM, =BES=Coyote-66 said:

You're more successful than I.  I, for a still unknown reason to me, still can't get my ports opened properly via router and modem.

Salutations,

I will chime in with the same problem with me and a friend being unable to connect in a simply coop mission. 

This connection problem is a long term situation. It is very, very, very frustrating. ☹️

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 6:35 AM, LeLv30_Superbus said:

I am unable to host too and a lot of times I cannot join either.

I tried hosting a coop with the Steam version and see which ports were active. There was traffic following ports:

App Name: Il-2
tcp: 7534,9264,17997,28100,28000
udp: 49153-49154,64319

image.png.fdb6206d33dc1a912e0cc53ac3648a95.png

That's more than just 28000 and 28100. Why are the other ports being used and should we forward them too?

Good question.

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:50 PM, JimTM said:

Check the documentation for your router. Open 28100 UDP (for players to download mission) and 28000 TCP and UDP (for communications to and from players).

Salutations,

I have done this on my router and in the game settings. The ports are still reported as not opened by test software. I am at a loss as to what to do.

I can connect to other IL2 servers and their files download to my computer fine. I simply can't figure out how to host any server.

32 minutes ago, Thad said:

Salutations,

I have done this on my router and in the game settings. The ports are still reported as not opened by test software. I am at a loss as to what to do.

I can connect to other IL2 servers and their files download to my computer fine. I simply can't figure out how to host any server.

Do others see yours server on the list? 

Posted (edited)

Yes, my friend could always see my servers and others. I could and can join my and others servers, normal or coop. But apparently nobody else could enter mine. Error message #10019 or something like that.

I'm pretty fed up with the whole situation right now.

Edited by Thad

20 minutes ago, Thad said:

Yes, my friend could always see my servers and others. I could and can join my and others servers, normal or coop. But apparently nobody else could enter mine. Error message #10019 or something like that.

I'm pretty fed up with the whole situation right now.

do name of mission file with extension .list is not empty?

6 hours ago, Thad said:

Salutations,

Is this one of those situations where your ISP is blocking port forwarding?

I'm around on Sunday late morning and evening if you want some help troubleshooting. Mind you, I'm am definitely not the network guru; I only documented the standard setup, which, luckily, worked for me. The port forwarding business seems to be a nightmare.

Posted (edited)

Salutations,

I check with my ISP and they do not block general port forwarding. There are ports that they do block, but they are listed and don't apply to IL2.

What is very confusing it the fact that I can login to others servers and their files download to my computer. Logically, the needed ports for a server connection and for file downloading and play are working. 🙁

Still, I have had no success in hosting anything.

I'm having a coop test with a friend at noon today. Server name: Thad.

If you have the time, try to connect. If it doesn't work, I will just give up and wait for a better option from the developers.

Edited by Thad
Corrected Server Name

24 minutes ago, Thad said:

Salutations,

I check with my ISP and they do not block general port forwarding. There are ports that they do block, but they are listed and don't apply to IL2.

What is very confusing it the fact that I can login to others servers and their files download to my computer. Logically, the needed ports for a server connection and for file downloading and play are working. 🙁

Still, I have had no success in hosting anything.

I'm having a coop test with a friend at noon today. Server name: Thad.

If you have the time, try to connect. If it doesn't work, I will just give up and wait for a better option from the developers.

I'll give it a try at noon. I'll be on TeamSpeak then if you need to discuss anything.

I have my mission up and running.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Thad said:

I have my mission up and running.

"Thad" server not visible in co-op screen.

Edited by JimTM

DServer shows that it is successfully registered on master sever. I'm at a loss.

Should I try setting it up with the in game multiplayer coop system?

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Thad said:

DServer shows that it is successfully registered on master sever. I'm at a loss.

Should I try setting it up with the in game multiplayer coop system?

Yes, try that. Make sure to select "Available from Internet". 

If your mission does not work, try starting the sample mission, "Cooperative Complex Example".

FYI, I'm on official BoS TeamSpeak now.

Edited by JimTM

From within IL2 my server is displayed and I was able to join it. This was registered on the Dserver display. 

I try the Cooperative Comples Example.

Does Jim know you're in Mods-On mode Thad?  Trying to join it now.

2 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

Does Jim know you're in Mods-On mode Thad?  Trying to join it now.

No. I'll give it a try.