II/JG17_HerrMurf

Just Wanted to Say Thanks

This will be a quick post. We are all awed by the amount of work you guys put in and the focus is, of course, very often on the planes and physics and such but........

I wanted to say thank you for the scenery. The maps are now stunning across the board. Kuban brought a whole new world to this title with the graphics and attention to detail. The Kuban map was hailed, as it rightfully should be, several months back . With 3.001 the community/forum focus has largely been on the planes and features again but the maps being brought up to standard while you added content, tweaked numerous other things, introduced new planes and worked behind the scenes on items still to be released is simply outstanding. Just wanted to say thanks for the visuals, particularly on the older maps. They are fantastic and put you at the top of the genre in that department as well.

Murf

*I'll be over here arguing about the G6 and -5FN again now :)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 6

Haven't had that much time yet but the new update looks great!

Thanks to the devs and artists for the hard work from me as well - keep it up!

• Like 1

The work they did on the LoD of the terrain really doesn’t get enough love amongst all the new content. They almost completely resolved the “bubble effect” that so many sims struggle with.

Absolutely amazing work guys!

Edited by Finkeren
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I also want to give a shoutout to the life that has been given to the career mode. There's so much going on outside of your own flight now, even the ground targets are abuzz with activity, not to mention ground crew milling about to make you feel bad about that last rocket you sent off. Fantastic work, thank you!

• Like 1

Yes, truly brilliant work - all of it!

I am blown away - and for the first time in years - utterly and completely blown away!

I was going to post a "Ta very much" thread, but this one is already here so..........

TA VERY MUCH !!!!!

Loving the update, Kuban is fantastic alongside all the updates with it. I bought the two Collector planes too, the 109 G6 and LA5 Fn ? N? Dunno - I keep these purchases so secret from my Wife, I forget myself lol.

I love the increase in Planes too, rather than the 2 JU87 and 3 109's cover, we have more going on - In fact my tailgunner on my JU87 nailed two laggs this evening .......... I would buy him a beer but.....................:p 

The career mode is awesome too as it opens up the whole experience, we can now fly the same conflicts from both sides with xxx amount of different planes. Opens up the experience in a massive way :)

Kuban was and is worth the wait :D

Now when is Bodenplatte released???????????????  LMAO !!!!

it *is* rather wonderful.

Can't emphasise how much I love fighting in and out of clouds now we have the rain effect.

As others have said, there are so many "quality of life" improvements that its hard to praise them all.

Its damn impressive!

Yes truly outstanding sim it has become. Now continue this with 1943, 1944 and 1945 timeframe addons and let us experience a long campain from Moscov to Berlin. I will definitively buy everything you bring along. I love this sim :)

Good idea to write about that, that's true! 

New textures + the possibility to have more than 1 clouds layer/ceiling => :good:

Being able to fly between 2 clouds layers improve a lot the feeling of flying in a real sky. Thanks!

Edited by F/JG300_Faucon

Theres a part of me that says the money is enough of a thank you.

But yes I have to recognise that there was a lot of work behind it.

Honest hard working devs is everything that we gamers love :)

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy

Yep, this is truly a awesome flightsim!  Tried out the new winter textures last night and they are delicious. I still have a wish list for things I would like to see, but there is no question that is quite the accomplishment.

A worthy successor to the IL2 series. :cool:

Absolutely agree.

The visuals are so pretty now. 

Double layered clouds, far horizon and system of lighting and shadows, ... everything is very nice and in VR we have very realistic experience. Thanks for this !

+1 Murf.

A sincere heartfelt Thanks to the whole crew behind this update and series.

I'm wondering about the new Stalingrad autumn and summer maps. Was it just the textures that were reworked? I remember looking at the rivers and streams in the old versions and they were all the same kind of thickness terminating with a perfect semicircle end. I've noticed most of them now look a lot more natural like on the Kuban map. 

15 minutes ago, BorysVorobyov said:

... in the old versions and they were all the same kind of thickness terminating with a perfect semicircle end.

I've noticed most of them now look a lot more natural like on the Kuban map. 

I would guess that their newly improved terrain is getting used in all three maps - Moscow, Stalingrad and Kuban.
So even those who couldn't buy Kuban yet (like me - but will do in April!) benefit from the works.

And that deserves a FAT THANK-YOU - yes, an amazing work result this is!

my girlfriend say you are bad influence to me , but she admit the game look very beautiful ! from her, take it as a compliment lol

And like others said, i thank you very much, i play few other games since near 35 years of gaming, some very big titles with probably much more money and resources,

and i rarely saw a company like yours  , listen, talk and care to their customers like you do guy s, we even know some of your names.

even if i was not supposed to buy the G6 for some reasons, i bought it yesterday , money talk, it is my thanks :)  , and i like it btw .

I can only agree with the OP

This is a true winner among Combat flight sims. The ground is now set. The truly sucessor of the old 46 is here as we can see. Despite more things to come the sim is now fantastic and with all of the love and caring the Devs are giving it I can't even think of money not well spent with them

Loving this patch but haven't yet had enough time to truly enjoy all it has yet to offer.  I want to jump on this hype train and add my sentiments to the feedback.  Fantastic stuff.  

Thanks from me too for the awesomeness that is 3.001!

I've just bought the 109G6 and the La5 FN - partly because i just couldn't resist after reading the many reports - but also as a thank you for what the devs have achieved here.

Too many specifics to mention, but I do particularly like the new winter maps rendering - had a fantastic flight experience with the lighting and long tree shadows looking amazing.

:salute:

Yes Thank you from me as well, I think having the career mode really elevates this sim to another level and solidifies its place as the greatest WWII flight sim on the market. Thank you so much Devs. You make my dreams come true :salute:

Edited by =SqSq=switch201