ACG_Thaine

Looking for Soviet After Action Reports

Hei,

We at AirCombatGroup are atm working on a BoX campaign. It's been tradition at ACG to run the campaign as historical  as possible, and as such our pilots were always required to file After Action Reports for their campaign sorties. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find any samples of soviet After Action Reports. So I don't know what their format looks like.

Does anybody have knowledge or even a sample of a soviet after action report, or know how they recorded sorties and victories?

Any help is much appreciated.

~S~ Thaine

Easy. You verbally told the political officer how many kills you got then he went away and allocated the kills to the most deserving suckups pilots, holding a few back for himself even though he did not fly that mission :-)    All joking aside,  they did refuse to allocate personal kills unless it was clear cut.  Any debate over who deserved the kill and it was just assigned to the squadron in general.  Also it was not unknown for some unassigned kills to be allocated to the political officer as a reward for his work.

Posted (edited)

If i'm not mistaken the soviet system was similar to other allied forces, with group kills + personal victories score, where the squadron score did top the personal records. 

Ground kills system was also different and given emphasis for the group score.

AARs the Black Cross Red Star series have a selected few included. Special note to the pre-1943 scores and post 1943. 

Edited by =LD=Hethwill

Posted (edited)

Try this

or this

Edited by TP_Silk
  • Thanks 1