Blades

75th Squadron RAAF

Hello, I am returning to the IL-2 Sturmovik Combat Flight Simulation after a 14 year absence. I have just taken delivery of my Il-2 Sturmovik the Ultimate Edition CD and have copied it to my PC. I am an Avid Mission Builder and as an Australian became interested in 75th Squadron RAAF Royal Australian Air Force desperate defence of Port Moresby in New Guinea early in 1942 just before the Battle of the Coral sea. These guys flew P40  kittyhawks that the Australian Government picked up by chance, as a result of Japans rapid Expansion in the Pacific. 75th Squadron was formed and sent to defend Port Moresby which was under constant Air attack by Japans Air forces, the Japanese had total Air superiority and apart from AA ground fire where totally unopposed in the Air, the moral of Allied Ground Forces around Port Moresby was rather Low due to the Japanese being able to attack at Will from the Air any ground target they chose completely unopposed in the air. Japanese Fighter Ace Saburo Sakai described the men who flew these P40s as some of the Bravest Men he encountered in the Pacific War, with their seemingly suicidal low level ground strafing  attacks on the Japanese air base at Lae where Sakai was based to their boom and zoom attacks against Sakais Zeros trying to defend Japanese Bomber formations Bombing Port Moresby. I was looking at building a 75th Squadron RAAF defence of Port Moresby mini campaign as well as more of their exploits later in the Pacific War within the Pacific Fighters Combat flight Sim, I was looking and asking around if Anybody has the 75th Squadron RAAF P40 skin that has been created for Pacific Fighters the only Link I have to them has a now defunct Email address and Dead links, or does anybody know of where I can get one please. I will now post a Link to 75th Squadron RAAF Wiki for those interested in the History of the Mini campaign I am looking to Create in Pacific Fighters

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No._75_Squadron_RAAF  any information about where I can Obtain these 75th Squadron RAAF Skins would be greatly appreciated

Hey Blades, Are you looking for this in relation to IL-2 Battle of stalingrad/moscow/kuban? or the original il2 game? If the former there are some skin links here 

The forth post has a link to download raaf 75 squadron p-40 skins made by chappy 

31 minutes ago, =IL2AUS=Wanganui_Wildcat said:

Hey Blades, Are you looking for this in relation to IL-2 Battle of stalingrad/moscow/kuban? or the original il2 game?

It's for the original, old-skool game.

Blades, welcome to the forum. This forum is for the new IL-2 sim series rather than the old one which is what you have although you'll no doubt see there is a sub-section here for what you've got. Are you signed up at mission4today? It's the most active community for the old sim and has plenty of downloadable content. Below is a link to the skins they have for the P-40E (note that there are old and new versions of the E, E-M-105 and M which have different 3D models) and while you're there check out the mission/campaign section as it wouldn't surprise me if someone has made a 75 Squadron campaign that you might like to play for fun or inspiration.

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads2&c=400

Cheers,
HB

P.S. Commonwealth airforces don't use ordinal indicators (e.g 'th', 'nd' etc) so it's just No. 75 Squadron ;)