Sign in to follow this  
MaksimSavelev

VKB Gunfighter MCG Pro review

Good review. I had the same first impressions, even down to the size of the box where I was concerned at first that I had been sent the wrong one.

There is one more axis in the fold down trigger.

Nice! Looking forward to viewing. I recently received the same stick bit the kg12 grip instead. Due to the lack of.buttons on the kg12, I've ordered the mcg pro and am "waiting" now. Thanks for posting this. :)

Nice! Looking forward to viewing. I recently received the same stick bit the kg12 grip instead. Due to the lack of.buttons on the kg12, I've ordered the mcg pro and am "waiting" now. Thanks for posting this. :)

Can I ask, did you find the KG-12 to be too limiting with BOS?

I have been waiting to acquire a Gunfighter Pro with the KG12 grip. I got fed up in December and cancelled my pre-order, but am still considering it as the most likely way I will go. I find that too many buttons on a stick are generally a hindrance to quick reactions and enjoyable simming - for me simpler is better. I loathe programming dozens of buttons and the VKB software looks fairly unintuitive to boot. Also, I prefer the WWII aesthetic of the KG12 since BOS is the only game I fly.

The MCG seems a little overwhelming is this respect, but I have been wondering if the KG-12 is just a bit too bare-bones in terms of buttons. Do you mind if I ask your opinion on this?

The VKB projection/production/supply delay circus has been seriously off putting. If I could, with relative ease, put the  KG12 on a VirPil base, I would very, very seriously consider jumping on that right now. 

Oh,and MaksimSavelev  thanks for the excellent review. I appreciate the comparisons with real aircraft; very professional and extremely informative!

Edited by Pudu

KG-12A grip has 3 buttons + POV HAT.

By default the lower button (pinky) is "shift" for top buttons - trigger, cannon button and POV HAT, what give you + 6 virtual buttons. Example of use in BoS:

Trigger  = MG, trigger + pinky = rockets.

Cannon button = cannon, Cannon button + pinky = bombs.

Assuming that you use TrackIR, POV HAT can "zoom" in and out, center/pause TrackIR.

POV HAT + Shift can trim nose down/up and rudder right/left.

That's all. If this don't supply the needs (some people use map landing gear, canopy, etc in joy buttons) only for WW2 planes Gunfighter with MCG "vanilla" (non PRO grip) is a good option, this grip has more press buttons and less HAT's (but have 2).

BTW - In April maybe you are able to buy Gunfighter with one of the last KG-12A grip - minus in Europe, because this grip will be no longer produced by VKB (seems they don't own their molds).

If I could, with relative ease, put the  KG12 on a VirPil bas

VirPil base can use "PnP" the KG-12B grip made by Baur or Cheeb2006 (both under order and expensive).

Or, get a used VKB KG-12A grip - several people bough MCG grip for replace their KG-12A and probable don't plan use more this grip.

Deboletis (DCS forum) can convert this grip for VirPil connections standard (same of Tm Warthog/Cougar). 

Edited by Sokol1

Wow. That's a hell-of-an informative and helpful post. Thanks much Sokol.

I'm still thinking I can get by with the button limitations of the KG-12. Whatever throttle I'm using should be able to make up for any deficit in buttons on the stick.If VKB could have got their act together before Lunar New year.. or Solar New Year.. or winter for that matter I would likely already have got the GFpro+KG12. I guess I'll just have to wait and see like many others for now. I've heard vague rumors about a VPC WWII grip as well.

Were you saying that VKB will stop selling the current 'vintage' models sometime after April?  The earlier teased 'knurled' KG12 grip that  vkbcontrollers.com still teases as the 'vintage grips icon' would be a nice option.

KG12-Knueppelgriff-510x510.png

But I guess it will be years before that is shipped, if ever.   

Sorry, I understand that these are niche products which have a high overhead to produce ... but I think VKB would be better served to keep their projects closer to the chest until they are ready to actually sell them. I think VirPil has them beat in the pre-hype/customer relations department.

Ah well, it's only a game.  Thanks again.

But I guess it will be years before that is shipped, if ever.   

Sorry, I understand that these are niche products which have a high overhead to produce ... but I think VKB would be better served to keep their projects closer to the chest until they are ready to actually sell them. I think VirPil has them beat in the pre-hype/customer relations department.

Ah well, it's only a game.  Thanks again.

Agreed.

Edited by dburne

Can I ask, did you find the KG-12 to be too limiting with BOS?

I have been waiting to acquire a Gunfighter Pro with the KG12 grip. I got fed up in December and cancelled my pre-order, but am still considering it as the most likely way I will go. I find that too many buttons on a stick are generally a hindrance to quick reactions and enjoyable simming - for me simpler is better. I loathe programming dozens of buttons and the VKB software looks fairly unintuitive to boot. Also, I prefer the WWII aesthetic of the KG12 since BOS is the only game I fly.

The MCG seems a little overwhelming is this respect, but I have been wondering if the KG-12 is just a bit too bare-bones in terms of buttons. Do you mind if I ask your opinion on this?

The VKB projection/production/supply delay circus has been seriously off putting. If I could, with relative ease, put the  KG12 on a VirPil base, I would very, very seriously consider jumping on that right now. 

Oh,and MaksimSavelev  thanks for the excellent review. I appreciate the comparisons with real aircraft; very professional and extremely informative!

I found the default setup very limiting, as I am comming from a warthog to the KG12.  Now that I was able to set up a shift key, I now can double the buttons to 12 (from 7), and that helps alot.  

While it may be the case as Sokol said, that the kg12 on the Gladiator and Gladiator Pro come with a shift key set by default, this is NOT the case with the most recent "gunfighter" model, and it has to be programmed.  

This was a big pain in the ass, as the documentation is daunting to say the least, and not very intuitive.  My issue stemmed from the fact that my chosen "shift" key (the pinky switch) was read as button number three in "testing" (using the vkbcfg software) and labeled button number 7 when programming.  Took me several weeks of futzing to figure it out.  But I have it sorted out now.

Still want that MCG Pro though - I should have ordered it originally, and I would have had it by now.  Instead, I tried ordering the warthog adapter, but even that is delayed again (as is the mcg grip and alot of other vkb products).  I have no desire to hang on to as many HOTAS setups as I have, and thought in the end it made more sense to sell the HOG package and just use the new grip and throttle built for me by GVL (he has a thread here with his work).

I have waaaay too many setups now.... (T16/TQS, X-45, X-65F, X-55, Hog and now VKB/GVL)

Anyway, I'm sure when it gets here (now sometime in mid April!?  Sheesh! - I started "ordering" in September/October) the MCG pro will be a fantastic replacement for the kg12, and the aforementioned grip will collect dust on a shelf after that.

Great products, but so far REALLY long wait times while they get everything sorted out.

Edit:  There is definately a big learning curve for the software, but the products themselves are fantastic.  Just remember that they are expensive - save yourself some irritation and order what you want first, instead of like me deciding to "upgrade" along the way.  It would have saved me months of waiting.  In other words, be sure you will be happy with "just" the kg12 grip before you place an order.

Edited by Beazil

Still want that MCG Pro though - I should have ordered it originally, and I would have had it by now.  Instead, I tried ordering the warthog adapter, but even that is delayed again (as is the mcg grip and alot of other vkb products).  I have no desire to hang on to as many HOTAS setups as I have, and thought in the end it made more sense to sell the HOG package and just use the new grip and throttle built for me by GVL (he has a thread here with his work).

I have waaaay too many setups now.... (T16/TQS, X-45, X-65F, X-55, Hog and now VKB/GVL)

Anyway, I'm sure when it gets here (now sometime in mid April!?  Sheesh! - I started "ordering" in September/October) the MCG pro will be a fantastic replacement for the kg12, and the aforementioned grip will collect dust on a shelf after that.

I feel your pain.

I ordered the Gunfighter in March of last year, and it is still sitting here new in the box awaiting the MCG Pro grip. Also have the Monster Tech extended desk mount for it ( in transit due to arrive tomorrow).

I have the Warthog with extension, the Virpil setup with extension ( flying daily with it and love it), and now waiting on eventually being able to get an MCG Pro grip for the Gunfighter so I can finally complete that setup.

I did have an order in initially but when it got pushed back to shipping in late December, I cancelled the order as Dec was a tough month for us with all the Christmas shopping and all.

Was hoping I could get an MCG Pro grip by now, but delays they keep a happening. 

I hope I can wrap my feeble mind around that software when the time does come.

Was hoping I could get an MCG Pro grip by now, but delays they keep a happening. 

I'm sure that could be a Dylan lyric....  Just a few chords and presto!  ;)

The delays are ridiculous.  

• Upvote 1

Thank You for Tube review. IMO The clutches - they are only good at the beginning, at the first "contact" with gunfighter, after that You
turn them off completlly.

explenation in post # 176
https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/31466-vkb-gunfighter-mcg-pre-ordering-starts-october-1-2017/page-5

More bitter thing... VKB Gunfighter has an issue with bending/breaking bolt inside gimbal. Maybe just because the nut (holding the reinforcement preventing the bolt from bending) has a tendency to unscrew (still no VKB official statement on what is the safe spring config) so check that if You are using double spring setup.
Hope the VKB will fix that in the "nextgen".

post #143
https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/31466-vkb-gunfighter-mcg-pre-ordering-starts-october-1-2017/page-4

post #191
https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/31466-vkb-gunfighter-mcg-pre-ordering-starts-october-1-2017/page-5

Overall I don't like VKB GUNf with extension (I still don't know what the safe springs levels are) but it's great in desktop config.

Edited by Piekarz

More bitter thing... VKB Gunfighter has an issue with bending/breaking bolt inside gimbal. Maybe just because the nut (holding the reinforcement preventing the bolt from bending) has a tendency to unscrew (still no VKB official statement on what is the safe spring config) so check that if You are using double spring setup.

Hope the VKB will fix that in the "nextgen".

post #143

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/31466-vkb-gunfighter-mcg-pre-ordering-starts-october-1-2017/page-4

Yes, that "Quest for the Feel Simulator" are bending things:  :)

https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/5330-anons-dzhojstik-vkb-sim-gunfighter/page-35?do=findComment&comment=597325

A guy measure springs force at maximum deflection:

No. 10 - 1.9 kg. № 20 - 3,2 kg. №30 - 4,4kg. №40 - 5,2kg. № 50 - 8,0 kg.

There's a issue with MCG molds:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hotas/comments/7yj0x3/vkb_mcg_revb_structural_issue/

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2883

Edited by Sokol1

All of that is very concerning.

I have invested a fair amount already in this VKB setup just waiting now on the MCG Pro grip.

Once I get it and start using the Gunfigher Pro with extension , if something like that was to happen I would be extremely ticked.

I found the default setup very limiting, as I am comming from a warthog to the KG12.  Now that I was able to set up a shift key, I now can double the buttons to 12 (from 7), and that helps alot  ...  be sure you will be happy with "just" the kg12 grip before you place an order.

Thank you for such a comprehensive reply. Your experience echos all the concerns I have in my head. I'm quite sure I can get by with the small amount of buttons on the KG12, and probably prefer it. I don't have a ton of time to sim so I loathe spending hours setting up joystick curves and mappings, often feeling there is more time spent doing that than actually playing.  I used to like tweaking, modding, messing about with the controllers - starting with the original TM FCS pro,  WCS Mark II, and GP1 Wheel. However now I just want to boot up and fly/drive as long as possible before someone requires my attentions elsewhere. So learning to use fewer buttons intuitively makes things more enjoyable for me.

I intend to run the joystick with the extension and have been following the bent bolts and broken housings sagas and I find them worrying - as well as the way VKB has supposedly addressed these issues with some people. Not confidence inspiring. Everyone seems to agree that their stuff is brilliant when its working. I understand that these are probably a very small percentage and many are happily using their gear without any issue. But given the kind of price tags they command, I would be extremely disappointed if it happened to me, especially considering how long the wait times have been.

I was all set on the GF Pro  + KG12, but now I really don't know. I'm thinking that getting a MongoosT-50 BE on sale now and then hoping they come out with a WWII grip is at least as good an option.

For the moment at least I guess I'll just sit in the basement singing the Subterranean Joystick Blues.

Edited by Pudu

I have invested a fair amount already in this VKB setup just waiting now on the MCG Pro grip.

Once I get it and start using the Gunfigher Pro with extension , if something like that was to happen I would be extremely ticked.

For me customer service is everything. These are not cheap sticks. The only reason I went VPC originally was because of the non availability of the gunfighter in Europe. Now I am very happy I made that choice. 

For me customer service is everything. These are not cheap sticks. The only reason I went VPC originally was because of the non availability of the gunfighter in Europe. Now I am very happy I made that choice. 

Agreed.

Virpil customer support has been just outstanding, even working with me on a weekend when I had issue. And really helping me out when I messed up my first gimbal.

I am anxious though when I can finally get the MCG Pro grip for my Gunfighter and give a fair comparison of the two.

Edited by dburne

If It was the authentic replica (line the Hotas Warthog A10C of Thrumaster )for theDCS Eurofighter Typhoon should not move ! like the joystick of the F16 F22 F35 Saab Jass Gripen

Force sensing like the Saitek X65 F from 2010 .

The joystick is not movig in F16 ,22 ,35 , Eurofighter Typhoon , Dasault Rafale ...

The replica like the hotas Warthog A10C for DCS for the Eurofighter Should be force sensing .

are by pressing like the Saitek x65FIt should move realistically half inch less 1 centímeter and should be just by pulsing pressing roll and pitch .

Edited by RAY-EU

The reddit thread in question has been updated in a manner which goes a very long way to helping me make my decision. 

Edited by Pudu

Mind telling me how you find the virpil stick compares to the warthog and if it's really much of an improvement? Should point out I've always found my WH to work fantastically with none of the issues some people talk about, but that could just be because I don't know true quality when I feel it lol! I don't think I'll buy it as I don't really need it, but just interested really (I might buy it!).

I'm assuming you have this one (https://virpil.com/en/shop/sticks/vpc-mangoost-50-stick-vpc) and that this is their best and most recent stick on the market?

I would like a VKB (I have and love their pedals but still remember the wait!) but to be honest if it's never in stock kinda makes me worry that it would be a nightmare to get replaced in a timely fashion should anything go wrong. And finally how is the Virpil supposed to compare to the newest VKB stick?

Mind telling me how you find the virpil stick compares to the warthog and if it's really much of an improvement? Should point out I've always found my WH to work fantastically with none of the issues some people talk about, but that could just be because I don't know true quality when I feel it lol! I don't think I'll buy it as I don't really need it, but just interested really (I might buy it!).

I'm assuming you have this one (https://virpil.com/en/shop/sticks/vpc-mangoost-50-stick-vpc) and that this is their best and most recent stick on the market?

I would like a VKB (I have and love their pedals but still remember the wait!) but to be honest if it's never in stock kinda makes me worry that it would be a nightmare to get replaced in a timely fashion should anything go wrong. And finally how is the Virpil supposed to compare to the newest VKB stick?

I purchased my Warthog in 2008. I got lucky as well, as mine was always very smooth I did not have the bad stiction or roughness in the gimbal that some have reported. I added an extension to it a few years ago, and it was even better.

I decided though I wanted to try both Virpil and VKB. I ordered the Gunfighter in March of last year, and then the kit to make it a Pro ( extension it). I had no desire to use the stock grip on it, so when I got it I had planned on adding the MCG Pro to it. At that time the MCG grips were scheduled for that summer. Well I am still waiting ( did not get in on the first run in Dec). So the Gunfighter setup is still sitting here new in box awaiting.

In the meantime I got the Virpil setup in Sept. Complete setup.

It is a very solid setup. Now keep in mind the T-50 is not a desk top stick, but designed to be mounted with extension.

I absolutely love the Virpil T-50. ( yes I got the one you linked). I use it with 150mm extensions and have it center mounted to my desk. It is so very smooth in all movements. Yes I thought too my Warthog was very good, this thing though is on a whole new level. I quickly retired my Warthog. I am retired and I fly many hours each week, some more some less but quite a bit each and every week. The stick is still as solid and smooth as the day I got it. 

Now I will say, they have had an issue at times with the Cams for these gimbals. Mainly due to some cams not being polished as smooth as they should be, resulting in a bit of a rough feel when moving the stick. Does not affect the flying, hardly even notice whilst flying, but just an annoying niggle. Not all cams are like this, and maybe now they have sorted that out where any newer ones are not - have not seen many complaints on it lately.

Plus the cam screws have not always been the best, and they use a thread locker on them. Some folks have had trouble getting the screw loose. I was one that did, on my first gimbal, and tried to use brute force with a drill bit - destroying the gimbal in the process. 

But I loved the thing so much, I wanted another. Virpil was very kind, working with me on a weekend, to offer me a very fair deal on a replacement gimbal.

That is the one I have been flying with since Sept, and could not imagine flying without it now. During the wait, I was saddened flying again with the Warthog stick. 

On my replacement gimbal, I had them install the cams and springs I wanted (soft center cams and soft springs), and that has resulted in a feel I really like.  Plus can fine tune that feel with the pitch and roll adjustment screws accessible from the top of the gimbal housing. The cams they installed have a little of that roughness I described ( my first gimbal did not ). But I never notice it when I am flying.

I highly recommend the Virpil T-50 setup. I have found it to be solid, and support to be excellent. 

VKB - well as I am still waiting on being able to get that grip, I really cannot give a comparison as I have not used the stick yet.

I think both companies produce quality products, and one probably would not go wrong with either. Availability from Virpil seems to at least be a little better at this time. But again, Virpil is not a desk top stick. VKB can be either one depending on what you order.

Virpil will be coming out with a desk top stick here probably soon ( working with BRD).

Might pull the trigger as they are on sale atm. I actually just use WH attached to a low thin stool and it works really well, but I can see this design needs the mount so I will get that. What I am not so sure on is the extensions. I cant buy all of them obviously but am not sure if I really need them, and thought it best to just get 1 the 75mm. Really if I don't need the extension I would just do without (never use one for my WH with np) but I don't want to order and then find I need one. 

Thanks for the info. I think now I might have to buy it, you've given me literally no choice haha!

Might pull the trigger as they are on sale atm. I actually just use WH attached to a low thin stool and it works really well, but I can see this design needs the mount so I will get that. What I am not so sure on is the extensions. I cant buy all of them obviously but am not sure if I really need them, and thought it best to just get 1 the 75mm. Really if I don't need the extension I would just do without (never use one for my WH with np) but I don't want to order and then find I need one. 

Thanks for the info. I think now I might have to buy it, you've given me literally no choice haha!

Lol, glad to help.

I got the set of three extensions, and experimented around with varying lengths. I settled on 150mm ( 1-100mm and 1-50 mm), and am quite happy with that.

I would get at least one if you can not get all, to at least see how you like it - 75mm would be a good choice I think for one.

Obviously the desk mount can be adjusted up or down to accommodate whatever you go with length wise.

I use the Virpil with 225mm extension, and it's perfect for me. I haven't even bothered changing the cams or springs. There doesn't seem to be any issues with supply either (and I would assume, spares too) 
I just do not understand why it is so difficult to produce adequate quantities of the VKB stuff.

Edited by 6./ZG76_Archie

Lol, glad to help.

I got the set of three extensions, and experimented around with varying lengths. I settled on 150mm ( 1-100mm and 1-50 mm), and am quite happy with that.

I would get at least one if you can not get all, to at least see how you like it - 75mm would be a good choice I think for one.

Obviously the desk mount can be adjusted up or down to accommodate whatever you go with length wise.

Well I bought it! Jesus this hobby is getting out of control, I'm now buying better flight sticks than one of the best on the market!

This will have to be my last treat for a good while! Hope it will be worth it. I feel kind of insane staring at an already amazing flight stick in the shape of my WH. Think I'll just try and install it when my wife is at work and hope she can't notice the difference (a fair possibility). Will have to go and lay down now and rationalize this latest expenditure. I am NOT a rich man! Well I don't go out drinking to bars every weekend, I don't smoke...mind already used those rationalizations for the new computer last month! I think the hobby might actually have elements of an addiction! 

Edited by Wolf8312

I use the Virpil with 225mm extension, and it's perfect for me. I haven't even bothered changing the cams or springs. There doesn't seem to be any issues with supply either (and I would assume, spares too) 

I just do not understand why it is so difficult to produce adequate quantities of the VKB stuff.

Is it easy to set up the extension? Really don't feel comfortable with the idea of opening anything up though I guess it's a simple process? I wonder if they will ship with the extension already on....doubtful...

Yeah I don't get VKB's supply problem either, perhaps just a small company with greater demand than what they are able at this time to fulfill?

By the way guys I’ll let you get back on topic but just one more question does the mongoose require any additional plates to be bought as well along with the desk mount?

Is it easy to set up the extension? Really don't feel comfortable with the idea of opening anything up though I guess it's a simple process? I wonder if they will ship with the extension already on....doubtful...

Yeah I don't get VKB's supply problem either, perhaps just a small company with greater demand than what they are able at this time to fulfill?

The 3 extensions just screw together, and each one comes with an extension lead which you just connect. You don't need any other brackets to fit the Virpil base to the desk mount.

Well I bought it! Jesus this hobby is getting out of control, I'm now buying better flight sticks than one of the best on the market!

This will have to be my last treat for a good while! Hope it will be worth it. I feel kind of insane staring at an already amazing flight stick in the shape of my WH. Think I'll just try and install it when my wife is at work and hope she can't notice the difference (a fair possibility). Will have to go and lay down now and rationalize this latest expenditure. I am NOT a rich man! Well I don't go out drinking to bars every weekend, I don't smoke...mind already used those rationalizations for the new computer last month! I think the hobby might actually have elements of an addiction! 

Lol, well congrats I think!

:good: 

You will be surprised how much better you will like that than what you already have that seems really good.

Well I was very encouraged to find that it can be used with the WH grip interchangeably, cause I do love to feel the heavy cold iron of the WH! Dont think I wish to completely retire my WH!

Force sensing like the Saitek X65 F from 2010 .

are by pressing like the Saitek x65FIt should move realistically half inch less 1 centímeter and should be just by pulsing pressing roll and pitch .

You know that Saitek X65F was a market failure?

At time people engaged in IL-2 (original) want a new joystick not with ForceSense, but with Force Feedback.

And most "jet" pilots already own a Warthog/Cougar - for what exist a ForceSense MOD by Real Simulator, hence if some want ForseSense don't need buy  an 'Saitek'.

Poor sales = product discontinued quickly.

Maybe in "(distant) future" we see a ForceFeedback joystick by VKB, but a ForceSense is highly improbable. :)

Edited by Sokol1

Now

You know that Saitek X65F was a market failure?

At time people engaged in IL-2 (original) want a new joystick not with ForceSense, but with Force Feedback.

And most "jet" pilots already own a Warthog/Cougar - for what exist a ForceSense MOD by Real Simulator, hence if some want ForseSense don't need buy  an 'Saitek'.

Poor sales = product discontinue quickly.

Maybe in "(distant) future" we see a ForceFeedback joystick by VKB, but a ForceSense is highly improbable. :)

Now I have the jetseat I don't care about a FFB stick to be honest (it's something that can quite easily break on a stick) just hope for BOS dev's eventually support the seat. Honestly with the seat when using the guns the feedback feel's very plausible as if the whole AC is juddering to the effect of the munitions. It's enough for me, though I'm sure these seats could be refined in future!

Lol, well congrats I think!

:good:

You will be surprised how much better you will like that than what you already have that seems really good.

Dburne how did you find Virpils customer service? Coming onto the third day now, and I still haven't received a reply to my email(s) (I needed to give specific instructions concerning my address) from them, or even an acknowledgement that they have my order (I received automated reply).

When paying for my order I needed to use three different browsers before I was actually able to pay (first one took me to blank screen saying- sss, and on the other I couldn't click past the terms and conditions), and I'm very glad things went okay with the payment in the end, otherwise it seems like I could have been waiting day's just for a response! I think it would have put me off to be honest!

I guess they are a small company and very busy, but it does make me feel as if communication is going to be a very long drawn out process especially if something goes wrong. If I buy something like this I really would hope for an email within 24 hours to tell me what's going on. Maybe that sounds stupid but it's for peace of mind as much as anything!

Edited by Wolf8312

Dburne how did you find Virpils customer service? Coming onto the third day now, and I still haven't received a reply to my email(s) (I needed to give specific instructions concerning my address) from them, or even an acknowledgement that they have my order (I received automated recipe.

The times I have used them they have been very responsive.

Did you email support@virpil.com?

The times I have used them they have been very responsive.

Did you email support@virpil.com?

No I didn't actually (sale@virpil.com) but opened a support ticket, and also used another email address provided on the payment page I think. Hopefully that one will work, thanks dburne. Btw do you still use your warthog grip on your virpil base?

Edited by Wolf8312

No I didn't actually but opened a support ticket, and another email address provided on the payment page. Hopefully that one will work, thanks dburne. Btw do you still use your warthog grip on your virpil base?

No, I use the Virpil grip. I like having the brake lever as an axis.

Dburne how did you find Virpils customer service? Coming onto the third day now, and I still haven't received a reply to my email(s) (I needed to give specific instructions concerning my address) from them, or even an acknowledgement that they have my order (I received automated reply).

When paying for my order I needed to use three different browsers before I was actually able to pay (first one took me to blank screen saying- sss, and on the other I couldn't click past the terms and conditions), and I'm very glad things went okay with the payment in the end, otherwise it seems like I could have been waiting day's just for a response! I think it would have put me off to be honest!

I guess they are a small company and very busy, but it does make me feel as if communication is going to be a very long drawn out process especially if something goes wrong. If I buy something like this I really would hope for an email within 24 hours to tell me what's going on. Maybe that sounds stupid but it's for peace of mind as much as anything!

Hi Wolf8312,

I have replied to your tickets (first received on Friday) - during the weekdays you can expect very prompt replies, however over Saturday it can be a bit slower. Your order is successfully received and confirmed and I can follow up the request regarding your address tomorrow as noted in the ticket  :) Let me know if you have any other questions! 

• Upvote 1

Yeah thanks a lot, I should have realized you guys wouldn't be working at the weekend!

Sorry for my impatience just can't wait I suppose! :)

Was just on the NA web site. Are they no longer selling the 5 pin version that works with the Fat Black Mamba III base?