Han

Developer Diary, Part 187 - Discussion

Hello everybody,
Update 3.001 testing is progressing well: almost all the planned functionality is in and ready.
Speaking of the further development, we'll start to disclose various details about it pretty soon. 
To spice up today's diary, here are the official A-20B skins. Important note is that external textures of A-20B are made in 4K resolution:

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here
  • Upvote 23

Great news!

I'm so glad to hear the P47 will be done sooner rather than later ;)

Makes sense to have 4K textures for the A20, the 2K limitations are more noticeable in larger planes.

Also, the big tanks coming first is great news as well.

Yep, good stuff... the career mode is something I'm really looking forward to :)

Good grief, looking at the A-20 skins, I've just noticed that the small swastika on Hitlers arm has been 'adjusted' ... such attention to detail!

Looking great Han.

The detail on the P39 cockpit is a real visual pleasure.

Oh and guys, look closely at the manifold pressure gauge... just sayin'.

• Upvote 1

Looks like 3.001 is a bit further out, than I expected. No matter, it will get here in time. :)

That P-39 pit looks superbly detailed. Can’t wait to fly it.

Amazing work on the A-20 skins and great news that they will be in 4K, any chance of this getting retroactively done to the other bombers in game at least?

Bit sad to see that we won’t get a RAF Boston skin. That would have been great for mock-up Channel battles alongside the Spit Mk. V. Great to see so many Soviet skins though :good:

• Upvote 1

Many thanks for the update! It's good to be able to "calibrate" my impatience. Now I can stop procrastinating and get on with designing my missions while I wait, patient again!

Bit sad to see that we won’t get a RAF Boston skin. That would have been great for mock-up Channel battles alongside the Spit Mk. V. 

My thoughts entirely...

3.001 just keeps sounding better and better, really looking forward to this! It will so be worth the wait.

Thanks for the update!!

Thanks for the update Han. We really appreciate the hard work that you all put into this project, that is what makes 'Great Battles' stand head and shoulders above the competition.

Another great update. Definitely appreciate the update despite the incredibly busy timeline you guys must have.

Excited to hear about BoBp... especially the Tempest V :D

For the aircraft resolutions, is there the option to play with 2k max resolutions for VR players?

I like to play on Ultra settings in order to get the reflections, godrays, and maxed rendering-range (very important for finding targets, bombing, and orientation on landmarks). But the high resolution textures are just a strain on the system, and there is no way to seperately control the settings right now.

• Upvote 1

well according to google the official end of winter in Russia is 28 February, so I hope they can deliver it at the end of the month...

Edited by SJ_Butcher

Those 4k default skins look great! Didn't Jason say they wanted to eventually get a system in place to be able to select 2k or 4k default skins with a selector switch in the GUI?

Also the bare metal looks amazing! I'd love to see video footage of the new bare metal tech in motion.

As always great work guys!

I kinda hope the allied stuff for Bodenplatte gets released before the axis stuff. With Kuban it's hard to compete against almost the entire axis plane set while we only have 2 (and an engine modification for LA5) allied machines.

Absolutely fantastic work.

Here's my reaction to seeing the A-20 skins...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmL-47bMyjY

SOUND WARNING XD

So the BoBP Spitfire will be a mk. IXe, which according to wikipedia can have either 2x20mm hispanos and 2x0.50 cal browmings, or 4x20mm hispanos. That will be a fun plane to fly.

So the BoBP Spitfire will be a mk. IXe, which according to wikipedia can have either 2x20mm hispanos and 2x0.50 cal browmings, or 4x20mm hispanos. That will be a fun plane to fly.

4x20mm will be God like

"WWI aircraft FM for IL-2 Sturmovik: Great Battles engine for Flying Circus project",  can't wait to see this project coming alive...

• Upvote 1

To spice up today's diary, here are the official A-20B skins. Important note is that external textures of A-20B are made in 4K resolution:

Indeed this spice up, reading the context "here are the official A-20B skins. Important note is that external textures of A-20B are made in 4K resolution"

-> So Update 3.001 brings official plane skins made in 4K resolution! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Glad to hear that all the projects are already moving forward, a new destruction tech for buildings sound particularly great, can't wait to see what it looks like.

The cockpit of the Airacobra looks good so far.

The 4k skins are really a must and it looks very very good, does it means we might get default 4k skins for other planes?

If so the skinners will be extra busy.

Thanks for the update!

Keep up the good work!

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy

What you mean with at least. What counts for one plane counts for the remain.

Edited by Livai

I wonder what the Havoc's R-2600s are going to sound like?

In any case I see myself putting many hours of time in on this aircraft.

Am I the only one thinking this bird's got a sexy set of landing gear in 4k? I'm loving those up-close detail shots. The detail on that pair of radials... Mmmhmm...