Sign in to follow this  
Buzzsaw

Problem with Steam Beta Update causing game not to start?

Some players in the last week or two are experiencing a failure to launch the 'Blitz' edition game after Steam has updated.

Here is a potential fix:

In Steam > Settings > Accounts look to see if a line saying "Beta Participation" is visible.

Make sure it is NOT turned on to "Beta Participation".

Change it to "NONE - opt out of all beta programs"

Steam will then update, and Blitz should load without a problem.

You should only be using the 'Beta Participation' when you are playing the TF 4.312 version.

well. it's happened again .. A steam update and now Blitz will not launch  and yes ,the beta testing box is unchecked :)

Yes I am having the same problem. Before I didn't have a proper DX11 video card and that was the cause, but now I am running a GTX750 with the latest drivers and it was running fine until the latest update.

A steam client update on 21/3 has caused the issue - TFS have been working on it since it happened. Nothing a user can do at this stage. 

Steam has updated a few times over the last few days, however, my Blitz game will not launch.

Already had the Beta thing set to none.

Maybe taking the game off Steam might be the best way forward and having it available as per the Battles series.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.

•  
  • 129 posts

First off, TFS wants to apologize for the inconvenience of the last two days due to the Steam update. The latest Steam update caused Cliffs of Dover Blitz not to run. We became aware of the issue right away and focused all of our attention and resources to finding a fix as soon as possible. 

The only culprit is a file named steamclient64.dll which came with the Steam Client Update on Wednesday, March 21st, and is (for whatever reason) incompatible with Cliffs Of Dover Blitz. This is why Cliffs Of Dover Blitz crashes on startup. 

We have found a fix and the files have been sent on, so we are hopeful that there will be an update today which will get people back in the virtual skies. Thank you for your patience during the last couple of days.

• Thanks 1

Just tried the game myself again and can confirm is available now working online/offline.;)

I still think the game should be available from another source other than Steam.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

I just updated and after a few hiccups it down loaded and started up just fine.  What ever was done worked for me.