Han

Developer Diary, Part 186 - Discussion

Hello everybody,
The end of January draws near and we're finishing the BoK development. The new functionality of the coming version 3.001 is being actively tested and debugged, our volunteer beta tester team helps us in this task greatly. This development stage is hard, but it consists of routine work mostly, not very exciting to tell about. However, there is a development which might be interesting for you to know. Andrey =AnPetrovich= Solomykin finished the Yak-7b series 36 flight model but, being the lead engineer, he couldn't just 'make a new plane'. During this work, he implemented many new features which in time may be applied to other aircraft. In addition, while we have a common flight modeling accuracy standard, this time some characteristics were modeled with higher fidelity. Here's the list of Yak-7b FM features:
As usual, here are some visual pics to compensate that wall of text above. Here are P-39 official painting schemes:

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here
  • Upvote 23

Thanks for the update.

Interesting to read about the governer slowdown on certain russian planes.

Would anyone be so kind to drop a note on the old and new values?

Cheers!

Mike

Great stuff. It would be great if this "High Fidelity" build can be extended to all other airframes (a ton of work I imagine).

Lovely P-39 skins you made there, thank you very much!

Glad to see I get to pick my favourite, the red-nosed version :fly:

Awesome news. A great look at all the little things that work "under the hood". I'm glad to hear that oil temperatures will play a greater role in how the engine works - especially in relation to DM.

The P-39 looks bloody awesome! Nice and very large selection of skins with a good balance between theater-appropriate and US skins. That bare metal skin looks beyond great.

3.001 really can't come soon enough. Is it correct to assume, that it has now entered beta stage? It's not quite clear from the wording of the DD.

no release date yet, so I think they still have problems

Or maybe they still have work to do?

Or maybe they still have work to do?

If you dont give any eta you have problems with something

well atleast news....

5 days to go before release or second delay.

Edited by KG_S_MrFies

Am I the only one astounded by the complexity of their modelling?

Calculating oil viscosity as a function of temperature is incredible attention to detail.

11. Oil viscosity changes correctly with temperature, resulting in faster engine failures when the oil is overheated.

Edited by Leaf
  • Upvote 8

If you dont give any eta you have problems with something

Nope. That's not been the MO of this team. Only a few times have they set a specific date for the release of an update.

The ingenuity of Mr. Andrey =AnPetrovich= Solomykin cheers my heart :biggrin:

Although I might curse him while I struggle in order to rise to the challenge :wacko:, his work is the essence of why I love flight sims.

I salute you, Mr. Andrey =AnPetrovich= Solomykin  :salute:

• Upvote 2

well atleast news....

As Jason announced earlier, BoK release is planned for the last third of the winter 

Stop spreading fake news... ;) 

Cheers Dakpilot

• Upvote 4

well atleast news....

Before end of winter is not in 5 days.

Great DD by the way! Impressive features on the new Yak-7b, marvelous work!

• Upvote 1

no release date yet, so I think they still have problems

Quit the drama.

They are beta testing the patch, how hard is that to understand?

• Upvote 5

Good to read about the neutral position now being modelled with regards to pneumatic flaps, hopefully this also will be implemented on other Yak models in good time

Cheers, Dakpilot

Good to read about the neutral position now being modelled with regards to pneumatic flaps, hopefully this also will be implemented on other Yak models in good time

Cheers, Dakpilot

Since it works pretty much the same on all Yaks we have, I don't see why it shouldn't make it into all models with 3.001.

Daamn, P-39 looks so cool on these pics. Feels bad man since I don't own BoK.

easy fix, take some money, throw it at the screen, trust me, it feels great!

• Upvote 3

then they changed something.. I read something about end of january 2018

There was a comment about POSSIBLY by end of Jan at the first mention of delay

7 Dec.

Today I bring you some more straight talk about Sturmovik development. Unfortunately, the final release of Battle of Kuban is slightly delayed by a few weeks. Completion of Kuban and the large version 3.001 update that will accompany it will now most likely occur before the end of the winter and hopefully much sooner than that, possibly the latter half of January. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the delay. We are just as disappointed as you are. The Holiday season is upon us and it adds to the delay, but the team deserves a break after a hard year of work and I cannot expect them to work during this special time of year.

Cheers, Dakpilot

Edited by Dakpilot

Very nice P39 skins. The naked metal one looks really nice. Also the amount of detail and narrowing of the space for error is amazing. You guys kick ass!

Some people do need to stop being so dramatic and needy as well as trying to speak for developers...

It will be released when it's ready not sooner not later. The end of winter is still a way off and was never a deadline set in stone to begin with. Seeing as this will likely be the single largest update ever, I see no reason why it wouldn't take longer than usual to be tested and released. There nothing written down anywhere that says an update will be released on a certain date. It's also not written anywhere that they owe us a DD every week. We were spoiled by the month of surprises and all the news following the Pacific delay and other product announcements. Spreading rumours of problems and delays simply because someone is disappointed they had to go a whole three weeks between DDs is in bad taste...

• Upvote 7

I'm glad to hear that oil temperatures will play a greater role in how the engine works - especially in relation to DM.

I think the same.

:salute:  

End of January was Jason's personal earliest estimate, if they encountered no issues or there was no feature creep. 

I gotta say that the features have crept pretty far with 3.001 - boy is there a lot of content coming in this one.

Off the top of my head:

Career mode for all three (4?) chapters

Coop mode

Nearly 40 different mission types

P-39L

A-20B

Yak-7B

La-5FN

Bf 109G6

New ship models (I think?)

Increased render distance for landscape

Improved clouds

Improved weather effects

Rain on the canopy glass

a host of small improvements in engine models and DM

EDIT: Forgot improved ground rendering and FX.

Edited by Finkeren
  • Upvote 3

That new Stalingrad map looks like it could also make a great desert map similar to the way Kuban makes a decent Pacific substitute...

Yep whenever it does come the update is going to be huge. Lots of great new stuff!

Nice-looking P-39. Good to see a selection of VVS skins with it too.

Cheers.

Yes P39 is a beauty... :fly: ...Nice news... ;)

Wow!  It just keeps getting better and better.  Fingers crossed for next week! :salute:

Great updates! I'm astounded at the levels of detail that Pretrovich has been working on in areas that I just wouldn't even think of. That's why he is doing the systems engineering stuff and I'm just typing this message :)

Great work guys!

Also... THIS looks amazing.

post-19-0-55228200-1516967758.jpg

I mean.... Look at that. Stunning!

• Upvote 18

3min ? funny... we are talking about seconds (:

Sloppy seconds?

• Upvote 2