NETSCAPE

KG 55 over Stalingrad (He 111)

Here is a mission I made over the last few days after a long break from the mission editor (waiting for translations of my 110 campaign, and waiting for Kuban to exit Beta).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ov6bpz610im8bq/KG 55.rar?dl=0

Mission overview:

- KG 55 is tasked with bombing the ordnance factory in Stalingrad

- historical airfield location used, this equates to a flight time of almost 1.5 hours!

- you are flight lead of a 3 plane kette among a 12 plane staffel

- mission starts parked and involves a taxi to runway (lots of waiting, grab a drink)

- huge concentration of flak in Stalingrad (most air bursts I've ever seen in this game at least)

- recon photos included (note: these do not show up in game)

- detailed mission briefing with taxi and take off instructions. 

Edited by NETSCAPE
  • Upvote 11

Would love to play that mission but got a problem when trying to unpack the file after download - WinRAR says "archiv has an unknow format or is damaged"... any idea what's wrong ?

Same issue when using 7-zip to unpack

Thanks for the work  :)

Cheers Dakpilot

Found the reason - the WinRAR program was a too old version obviously - with the newest version of WinRAR it worked without problem... ;)

Updated 7-zip to latest release and all unpacked fine  :)

Cheers, Dakpilot

Updated the briefing adding this to the taxi and take off section:

"On the runway position yourself parallel or a bit past the second Ju 52 on your left. This will assure Crane 2 and 3 have adequate room."

I tested the night version... hud doesn't work ie in-game messages, compass, and normal pilot dialog messages (yes I toggled hud and icons on and off). Also the mcu translators, ie map front line, flight plan, target marker ect doesn't work. 

I just went ahead and deleted the night version. I don't have time to aimlessly fix non-problem problems in the IL2 mission editor...

Edited by NETSCAPE

Thanks for sharing this mission, it really looks great flying through the Flak fire in a squadron. I have been flying it twice, so far, with not as much luck for my squadron, as you had. We both times lost about half of our Heinkels. One critisism, however, the cruising speed of 300km/h IAS in 4k, is too high. You need maximum continious power to hold it, and when you lose connection to your squad, it needs a lot of time to join the formation, as you only reach about 320km/h with maximum climb power. When I fly He111 missions in the stock campaign, I reduce power, when I reach my mission altitude to 2100rpm and 1.0ata, giving me around 275km/h, to give my squadmates the chance to catch up and join formation.

Thanks for sharing this mission, it really looks great flying through the Flak fire in a squadron. I have been flying it twice, so far, with not as much luck for my squadron, as you had. We both times lost about half of our Heinkels. One critisism, however, the cruising speed of 300km/h IAS in 4k, is too high. You need maximum continious power to hold it, and when you lose connection to your squad, it needs a lot of time to join the formation, as you only reach about 320km/h with maximum climb power. When I fly He111 missions in the stock campaign, I reduce power, when I reach my mission altitude to 2100rpm and 1.0ata, giving me around 275km/h, to give my squadmates the chance to catch up and join formation.

Half? That's pretty crazy. I set the AAA AI to roughly 25% low, 25% high and 50% normal to produce a nice spread across the sky. And as far as air defense goes...with any plane in IL2, you're far better manning the guns your self rather than letting the AI try and shoot down a plane. 

You're a hardcore enthusiast if you want to fly across the Stalingrad map @ 275kph hahaha. By default my attitude while working in the ME is "make the planes fly as fast as the AI will allow". I think that way when catering to the average player who is not as patient as you or I. But this mission is definitely not for the average player, so maybe I should rethink this one... I had no issue with my guys catching up while I was cruising at 300kph though. However the He 111 AI and climbing is odd to say the least. If I climb per normal in this mission I will lose the AI for sure. So I just climbed at continuous power so they could keep up. By the time we leveled off we had been in formation for a long time already. 

Played the day mission - lost the AI leaders, bombed the wrong factory and pranged the plane short of the runway! More practice needed, methinks.

Just tried the night mission - I like it even if you have found problems. Mind you, I only got about 20 minutes out towards the target when the starboard engine cut out. Jettisoned the ordnance, told my section to RTB as I didn't want them hanging about and got back to make a tolerable one-engine landing so I am quite pleased with that. Will try the night mission again tomorrow, perhaps.

One interesting thing - the runway fires were all about 40m above the ground. I was able to fix them in the ME but at first I thought that there were lines of UFOs over the airfield! :)

Cheers.

bAH8fzr.jpg

Edited by 216th_Cat

Half? That's pretty crazy. I set the AAA AI to roughly 25% low, 25% high and 50% normal to produce a nice spread across the sky. And as far as air defense goes...with any plane in IL2, you're far better manning the guns your self rather than letting the AI try and shoot down a plane.

I can't say for sure, but I think most of them were shot down by the Migs. Interestingly my AI gunners shot down two of them in my first try, were I was flying alone and should have been an easy prey for them, but they only were able to take out my left engine.

You're a hardcore enthusiast if you want to fly across the Stalingrad map @ 275kph hahaha. By default my attitude while working in the ME is "make the planes fly as fast as the AI will allow". I think that way when catering to the average player who is not as patient as you or I. But this mission is definitely not for the average player, so maybe I should rethink this one... I had no issue with my guys catching up while I was cruising at 300kph though. However the He 111 AI and climbing is odd to say the least. If I climb per normal in this mission I will lose the AI for sure. So I just climbed at continuous power so they could keep up. By the time we leveled off we had been in formation for a long time already.

To climb with the squadron was not much of an issue for me, but as soon as we reached the mission altitude, the AI accelerated much better than me and I lost contact. It took me until 20km before reaching stalingrad, to catch up and join the squadron, but my wingman joined me not before we were on the RTB, the second one was shot down.

For the speed, it makes not that much difference anymore, if you fly 90 minutes, or 95.

Played the day mission - lost the AI leaders, bombed the wrong factory and pranged the plane short of the runway! More practice needed, methinks.

Just tried the night mission - I like it even if you have found problems. Mind you, I only got about 20 minutes out towards the target when the starboard engine cut out. Jettisoned the ordnance, told my section to RTB as I didn't want them hanging about and got back to make a tolerable one-engine landing so I am quite pleased with that. Will try the night mission again tomorrow, perhaps.

One interesting thing - the runway fires were all about 40m above the ground. I was able to fix them in the ME but at first I thought that there were lines of UFOs over the airfield! :)

Cheers.

Yeah def do some take off landing drills before you hit the mission :)

I fixed those fires and reuploaded...but upon testing the mission the night mission was broken...that's the draw back of copy-pasting stuff in the mission editor...stuff randomly decides to not work so I scrapped the night mission entirely. Don't even bother with it. 

I can't say for sure, but I think most of them were shot down by the Migs. Interestingly my AI gunners shot down two of them in my first try, were I was flying alone and should have been an easy prey for them, but they only were able to take out my left engine.

To climb with the squadron was not much of an issue for me, but as soon as we reached the mission altitude, the AI accelerated much better than me and I lost contact. It took me until 20km before reaching stalingrad, to catch up and join the squadron, but my wingman joined me not before we were on the RTB, the second one was shot down.

For the speed, it makes not that much difference anymore, if you fly 90 minutes, or 95.

The first pair of migs is set to attack Crane group specifically, regardless of fighter presence. The second pair of migs near the frontline will engage anything they see.

Hmm maybe you had slight flaps deployed or your rads were open more than needed creating drag? Pitch trim? I can tell you this from testing, Auto Pilot WILL NOT work for this mission. During testing I put it on while I ran to the bathroom quick (we were leveled off at attack altitude). It slowed me way down and I got behind the pack. 

Hi Netscape,

I've just landed from the raid on Stalingrad.

I'm joining my thoughts and second Yogi on the speed settings. Across the flight, it wasn't that easy to keep up the formation during the flight. Climb and the first leg was quite okay but the turn on the bombing leg (HDG 044) made quite a mess and it took the AI a long time to regroup into a good formation. After the bombing, it was just not possible. Even at 2300rpm and 1.22ATA (which is already deep in the realm of climb power) I could barely keep up with Swan and Stork and our IAS was not exceeding 320kph. After the 90° turn, my own wingmen never regrouped and disapeared in the white wash behind us.

I saw that you put 350kph on the waypoints after the bombing, the airplane itself is not capable of that speed at 4k. 

You're a hardcore enthusiast if you want to fly across the Stalingrad map @ 275kph hahaha.

I don't think so. Main pleasure of flying bombers is keeping a nice and tight formation, anihilate the target and mostly enjoy the ride.  Here with cruise speed almost matching the aircraft top speed, this one felt more like a race, having to alternate all time between cruise and climb power and fiddle with the rads to keep the drag low but without them boiling up. My main concern on the way back was to know how far would my engines last. Formation flying is fun but only when you have room to do it properly. And this was with an aircraft in mint condition, with some holes in the wing or a slightly damaged engine, the situation would be hopeless.

When I fly with wingmens, I try never to exceed 1.05ATA and 2200rpm, unless I'm flying with experienced ones. My speed is usually around 270-280kph. Only when I'm bombing alone I am pushing the plane up to 300kph.
I do think you can safely bring down the speed of the loaded trip to 280kph and of the returning trip to 300kph. It will be more enjoyable for veterans and easier for less experienced pilots. In large formations, you need to have some wide speed margins especially when flying on the outer wing during a turn. (Not to mention that the AI is doing harsh turns even loosing it's own wingmens)

Total flight time was 1h20min when exiting the mission so there is still a lot of room to tone down the pace.
decreasing speed from 300 to 280kph on a 80min flights only increases the flight time by 5 minutes. Not a big deal  ;)

For flak, I think that the problem is only with the high settings. Before trying the mission (but after reading this thread) I tuned down all the flak to "low", just to see what happens : not a single hit on the entire formation, I didn't saw anything exploding remotely close to my own aircraft, nor those I had in sight. I think the right balance would be a 50/50 mix of low and normal. By reading all the complains about flak OPness on servers, I agree that the sniper ability of the "high" setting is way too much, I stopped using them for my own mission because it isn't even fun. Unless I want a real no fly zone on an spawn base for example.

I recall a mission a few weeks ago where the mission maker put the russian 85mm on high, with only 6 guns on the ground, I had 3 out of 4 planes exploded in the air, despite the fact that we were flying at 5k.

Buuut aside from this, very solid mission, as always ! I love how much detail you put into them. The authentic recon photos were a nice surprise too !

EDIT :

Hmm maybe you had slight flaps deployed or your rads were open more than needed creating drag? Pitch trim? I can tell you this from testing, Auto Pilot WILL NOT work for this mission. During testing I put it on while I ran to the bathroom quick (we were leveled off at attack altitude). It slowed me way down and I got behind the pack.

I flew manually all time except during the 15km before the bomb run (bombsight necessity). It is not impossible to keep the formation, but not with standard cruise parameters. Note also that the temperature is set at 25°C which is hotter than most missions on regular servers, so you don't get the performances you might be used to.

Edited by F/JG300_Gruber

Hmm maybe you had slight flaps deployed or your rads were open more than needed creating drag? Pitch trim?

I accelerated with max climb power, no flaps (I indeed tried this, as I thought of this possibility, too (sometimes one does really stupid things)). I have the suspicion, that AI accelerates with max power after the end of climbing, as I make this experience in PWCG, too.

I never use autopilot, I use the key for it for the level pilot. If I have to go away, I use the pause key, or let my aircraft fly with level pilot, when I am alone or the flight leader.

I did not fly the mission, but from my experience the lead plane of a bomber formation should not use not more than 70 to 75 percent of power. In emergency cases or accelerated climbs 85 at best. Otherwise it becomes a rat race.

This would roughly translate for Heinkels H6 to about 250-270 kph for the climb and 300-320 for the level flight at about 3500m altitude.

You also want to do 1 or 2 circles around the base to have everybody formed up before heading out to the first waypoint.

Edited by [DBS]El_Marta

I love how much detail you put into them. The authentic recon photos were a nice surprise too !

Yes, I forgot to mention this, the photos were a really good idea, they fill in a lot to the experience of flying a real sortie.

Hi Netscape,

I've just landed from the raid on Stalingrad.

I'm joining my thoughts and second Yogi on the speed settings. Across the flight, it wasn't that easy to keep up the formation during the flight. Climb and the first leg was quite okay but the turn on the bombing leg (HDG 044) made quite a mess and it took the AI a long time to regroup into a good formation. After the bombing, it was just not possible. Even at 2300rpm and 1.22ATA (which is already deep in the realm of climb power) I could barely keep up with Swan and Stork and our IAS was not exceeding 320kph. After the 90° turn, my own wingmen never regrouped and disapeared in the white.

I saw that you put 350kph on the waypoints after the bombing, the airplane itself is not capable of that speed at 4k. 

I don't think so. Main pleasure of flying bombers is keeping a nice and tight formation, anihilate the target and mostly enjoy the ride.  Here with cruise speed almost matching the aircraft top speed, this one felt more like a race, having to alternate all time between cruise and climb power and fiddle with the rads to keep the drag low but without them boiling up. My main concern on the way back was to know how far would my engines last. Formation flying is fun but only when you have room to do it properly. And this was with an aircraft in mint condition, with some holes in the wing or a slightly damaged engine, the situation would be hopeless.

When I fly with wingmens, I try never to exceed 1.05ATA and 2200rpm, unless I'm flying with experienced ones. My speed is usually around 270-280kph. Only when I'm bombing alone I am pushing the plane up to 300kph.

I do think you can safely bring down the speed of the loaded trip to 280kph and of the returning trip to 300kph. It will be more enjoyable for veterans and easier for less experienced pilots. 

Total flight time was 1h20min when exiting the mission so there is still a lot of room to tone down the pace.

decreasing speed from 300 to 280kph on a 80min flights only increases the flight time by 5 minutes. Not a big deal  ;)

For flak, I think that the problem is only with the high settings. Before trying the mission (but after reading this thread) I tuned down all the flak to "low", just to see what happens : not a single hit on the entire formation, I didn't saw anything exploding remotely close to my own aircraft, nor those I had in sight. I think the right balance would be a 50/50 mix of low and normal. By reading all the complains about flak OPness on servers, I agree that the sniper ability of the "high" setting is way too much, I stopped using them for my own mission because it isn't even fun. Unless I want a real no fly zone on an spawn base for example.

I recall a mission a few weeks ago where the mission maker put the russian 85mm on high, with only 6 guns on the ground, I had 3 out of 4 planes exploded in the air, despite the fact that we were flying at 5k.

Buuut aside from this, very solid mission, as always ! I love how much detail you put into them. The authentic recon photos were a nice surprise too !

EDIT : I flew manually all time except during the 15km before the bomb run (bombsight necessity) 

So having made a whole Stuka campaign, and a 110 campaign... I didn't screw around on testing this Stalingrad flak. The first thing I did was to make the flak in the city and place a formation of Heinkels to fly over the city as a test. I did that 3 times and adjusted the AI AAA settings. I wanted to average at least one 111 shot down. This was achieved. But if everyone keeps reporting that the flak is OP I will tone the AI down some more. 

About the 350kph (RTB) waypoints. I sometimes set waypoints high just to achieve the max speed possible by the AI.

Also to both you and Yogi, did you guys take off and hold 090 course? If you circle the airfield I can imagine how that might put you behind the pack at the start, just a thought. 

I'll go ahead and change the speed of the waypoints but I'm still hesitant to lower the AAA AI levels more.

Thanks for playing and giving me feedback. 

So having made a whole Stuka campaign, and a 110 campaign... I didn't screw around on testing this Stalingrad flak. The first thing I did was to make the flak in the city and place a formation of Heinkels to fly over the city as a test. I did that 3 times and adjusted the AI AAA settings. I wanted to average at least one 111 shot down. This was achieved. But if everyone keeps reporting that the flak is OP I will tone the AI down some more. 

About the 350kph (RTB) waypoints. I sometimes set waypoints high just to achieve the max speed possible by the AI.

Also to both you and Yogi, did you guys take off and hold 090 course? If you circle the airfield I can imagine how that might put you behind the pack at the start, just a thought. 

I'll go ahead and change the speed of the waypoints but I'm still hesitant to lower the AAA AI levels more.

Thanks for playing and giving me feedback.

Yep I did keep the 090 heading after take off. Getting into formation while climbing was a piece of cake, since the AI was climbing at 235kph (I suppose this speed is hardcoded and independant of the waypoint speed), but once they reach the cruise altitude they accelerate rather fast and are much harder to follow imho. Unlike the Stuka, I think that the AI max possible speed of the 111 isn't far from the top speed of the airplane itself.

For the flak I don't know if you should tune it further down, but I would definitely feel better if the 25% high were to be demoted to normal rank.

When I was flying the first time, I indeed made a circle at the airfield, but knowing about this fault, I held the 90° in the second attempt, and as I posted above, the climbing with the squadron was no issue, it was the acceleration of the AI after reaching the mission altitude.

I did not fly the mission, but from my experience the lead plane of a bomber formation should not use not more than 70 to 75 percent of power. In emergency cases or accelerated climbs 85 at best. Otherwise it becomes a rat race.

This would roughly translate for Heinkels H6 to about 250-270 kph for the climb and 300-320 for the level flight at about 3500m altitude.

You also want to do 1 or 2 circles around the base to have everybody formed up before heading out to the first waypoint.

Taking the AI into account and some other variables, it is far better to just take off and fly straight. I even note it in the briefing. 

I can recall a couple times where fighter pilots mentioned the speed of the 111 (but what variant? I can't recall the time frame) being 300 or 310kph. (I can't recall what books, but it was a fighter pilot talking about escorting them). Given the fuel and bomb weight 300 is basically max continuous setting in game. 

AI climbed at 240 kph if i remember correctly. 

Updated Files:

- cruise speed to target set to 280 kph

- rtb speed set to 300 kph

- edited briefing

• Upvote 1

I have flown two sorties with this mission.

Warning. SPOILERS!

First mission, all aircraft made it to the target, except for one. The aircraft was taken out by flak. Crashed behind enemy lines. After the bombing run. Heavy flak ensued. My aircraft took a direct hit from flak to the wing, in which the wing was ripped from the fuselage. All hands made it out, only to be captured and I imaged killed. According to the flight log, 4 HE 111's were shot down on the run

Second mission. All aircraft made it through the flak to the target. After the bombs released, two aircraft were hit with flak and went down. I was hit again with flak that left a huge hole in the wing as a result, with a bit of left engine damage. Then the enemy planes attacked the group. We took quite a bit of fire from enemy planes, which resulted right engine damage, and it was smoking pretty bad.  A few minutes later, the right engine was dead.

After the fighters bugged out, I was left limping home by myself. I thought about landing at another airfield under my flight path, but was sure I could make it. Wrong. As I was lining up to land, My left engine gave out. Was forced to make a belly landing on the ground. But we all survived, and was on friendly ground.

The flight log showed 4 HE 111's down, one being my own.

Great fun. Thank you so much creating this and putting up for D/L. My favorite mission so far.....

Edited by CastorTroy

Hi Netscape,

I flew the revamped mission, I can say that things have improved, some other would still require tweaking.

Speed-wise, I found these numbers to be spot-on for formation flight. 

Cruising to the target was made around 1.02 ATA and 2200rpm, which are my go-to settings in this situation, and the escape after bombing was around 1.08-1.1 ATA for 2200rpm. which is fast cruise settings in my book.

Turns are perfectly manageable and the acceleration after the climb is doable if you slam 1.25 ATA 2400rpm as soon as the Staffel leader put his nose flat. I think you can keep these numbers as reference point if you intend to make some more more missions for the He111  :)

I don't know how do you get these planes flying into 12 planes formation (simple orders or carefully timed waypoints ?) but the Staffel was quite spread out this time. I believe stork and I were ahead with our wingmen, but the other 6 were flying at least 5km behind us. And this on all the way to the target and beyond. I don't know if you can do something for this or not. Despite the reduction of speed, wingmen still tend to lag behind their leaders, so at this point this must be AI behavior problem.

Flak-wise, 3 normal + 1 low seems still too much. I believe we were particularly unlucky, but still. We all arrived above Stalingrad without trouble, then things went apart. Stork 1 got desintegrated before reaching the factory, and Stork 3 took a near miss just a second later that took out both engines and some control surfaces. After we dropped, the flak started concentrating on the two lagging formations. Two Heinkel from Swan went straight down, with another one from Seagull. While reaching the northern tip of Stalingrad city, Seagull 1 got heavily damaged as well and ran out of fuel short before we crossed the frontline. I don't know by which miracle did my entire Kette went through all this unscathed.  :ph34r:

First flight of Migs never showed up (I won't miss them though) and the second flight got of few shots on us, managing to puncture fuel tanks from Stork 2 and Crane 3 before getting engaged by Eagle patrol (who got wiped out trying to dogfight)

So results are 4 Bombers and 2 fighters shot down, and 2 bombers ditched in enemy territory. The fat one will not appreciate  :P

But that was a really fun flight, and firework above Stalingrad was worth loosing a few planes !

Flak wakes up on Stalingrad.

A4zBW6I.jpg?1

The Staffelführer is hit...

rmOGBUY.jpg?1

...and dislocates, while another Heinkel is already going down.

KmjxlHm.jpg?1

Another wingman loses his engines and part of his tail.

xnVXXVq.jpg?1

Edited by F/JG300_Gruber
  • Upvote 1

Nice pics! 

Yeah about formations in general... to achieve the most "epic" formation requires an in-air start. This method was utilized in my Stuka campaign. You just can't get a tight formation in the air with a ground start, (considering you are using multiple "formations" within the squadron if that makes sense!). It's a game limitation. Each ketten's proximity to the others will vary quite a bit, especially with taxi variables. 

I know I could achieve a really epic formation but I really wanted the experience of flying all the way from the historic airfield to Stalingrad. As others have mentioned in the past, I *could* make a part 1 part 2 structure for one mission. So part 1 would be taxi take off and maybe climb to altitude. Then part 2 would be in-air start in nice and tidy formation. The obvious draw back to this method however would be that I couldn't have any AAA or fighters engage the squadron. ie, damage couldn't be carried over into the second part of the mission.

Wow I must have just been lucky compared to you guys. I'll tone down the flak accuracy a bit later maybe... gotta get to work to keep a roof over my head right now :)

I was flying now the mission for the first time with the lower cruising speed and I have to say, it looks much better now. I even was able to wait for my two Kettenflieger to close the gap to me, before I went into the 'formation' of the squadron. Unfortunately, like Gruber already pointed out, the formation flying of this AI could be improved a lot, this is something Devs definitely should have a look at. Not only the Kettenflieger are far behind the leaders, but also the left Kette was not flying at the left side of the squadron, but far behind.

My squadron was more lucky this time, we only lost two Heinkels over Stalingrad by Flak, but I had to leave the squadron after one of the Migs attacking me, was shot down by me and rammed my left prop, when passing me. I landed on Evamplievsky airfield.

One thing I am missing a bit, is a beacon for heading home, this would be a nice addition.

But a great mission, it was a lot of fun to fly it. Thanks again for sharing this with us.

I was flying now the mission for the first time with the lower cruising speed and I have to say, it looks much better now. I even was able to wait for my two Kettenflieger to close the gap to me, before I went into the 'formation' of the squadron. Unfortunately, like Gruber already pointed out, the formation flying of this AI could be improved a lot, this is something Devs definitely should have a look at. Not only the Kettenflieger are far behind the leaders, but also the left Kette was not flying at the left side of the squadron, but far behind.

My squadron was more lucky this time, we only lost two Heinkels over Stalingrad by Flak, but I had to leave the squadron after one of the Migs attacking me, was shot down by me and rammed my left prop, when passing me. I landed on Evamplievsky airfield.

One thing I am missing a bit, is a beacon for heading home, this would be a nice addition.

But a great mission, it was a lot of fun to fly it. Thanks again for sharing this with us.

Oh the beacon is a good idea, I totally forgot about them. 

Normally you don't need it, but when you lost one engine, or are losing fluids, it is nice to see the direct heading for your airfield. And of course, it is nice to just have it.

Hey, thanks for the missions. 

I flew the day mission before the update. I had no problem with keeping up with the leaders as long as you just take off and form up. Flew to the target, bombed and destroyed it, 1 plane lost through flak. Return to  base with one engine damaged, safe landing n off for some schnapps..........great stuff!

I'll try the updated version.

Cheers  

• Upvote 1

Hey fellow bomber pilots. Rokko has posted this great overview of KG 55 information based on flight books ect from Yogi's site - give it a read!

LOL, sorry mate, but the guy writes himself 'Yogy', not that someone confuses him with me.

Yogi

Is there an updated version of this great mission? Having issues with it in 3.02B. Also would it be possible to have a coop version of it?

4 hours ago, Speckfire said:

Is there an updated version of this great mission? Having issues with it in 3.02B. Also would it be possible to have a coop version of it?

Mission updated: I launched it to see if it would load and it did. I don't think any of the AI changes from the Kuban update should dramatically alter this mission in particular, but I could be wrong.

As far as a CO-OP version goes... I'd have to rework the objective and airfield stuff, kill all text messages ect...basically everything is catering to Crane 1. I might alter the mission to be CO-OP friendly or I might make a new KG 55 mission specifically for CO-OP. 

• Upvote 3

I'll re download and test again Netscape. Thanks for considering a coop version :)

Thank you so much for this excellent mission. I have flown it wearing my Oculus Rift VR Headset for nearly two hours. Very immersive and a lot of suspense... Thanks again NETSCAPE.

Here is my flight report on YouTube:

For the moment only in German language.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2018 at 9:22 AM, dadaphil said:

Thank you so much for this excellent mission. I have flown it wearing my Oculus Rift VR Headset for nearly two hours. Very immersive and a lot of suspense... Thanks again NETSCAPE.

Here is my flight report on YouTube:

For the moment only in German language.

Cool, watching now! Sorry I must have missed the notification for the post!