Sign in to follow this  
A-E-Hartmann

original footage "Bodenplatte"

Basically same footage in Pathé newsreel.

Edited by Sokol1

Overall a fair portrayal of the events but much of the footage is staged or taken from other occasions. I suspect only the shots of damage at the airfields is actually from New Year's Day.   Also the RAF Regiment never operated 3.7inch AA to the best of my knowledge: those are army guns operating from fixed positions. They should have shown 40mm Bofors.

Fairly typical Allied propaganda stuff - broadly correct but should not be assumed to be actually showing the events discussed.

Not sure if this is posted, and I am sure most have watched it. Makes me hyped even more more Bodenplatte.

Not sure if this is posted, and I am sure most have watched it. Makes me hyped even more more Bodenplatte.

That was fun.  It may not be 100%accurate in the details but it was fun.

Those LW airfields were abysmal.  I wonder how many aircraft did not actually manage to get off.

Those LW airfields were abysmal.  I wonder how many aircraft did not actually manage to get off.

Seeing that FW-190 nearly nosing over is quite impressive :o:

Overall a fair portrayal of the events but much of the footage is staged or taken from other occasions. I suspect only the shots of damage at the airfields is actually from New Year's Day.   Also the RAF Regiment never operated 3.7inch AA to the best of my knowledge: those are army guns operating from fixed positions. They should have shown 40mm Bofors.

Fairly typical Allied propaganda stuff - broadly correct but should not be assumed to be actually showing the events discussed.

Actually,  more then a couple of shots match some stuff I've seen in the manrho/Putz book on operation Bodenplatte.

Actually,  more then a couple of shots match some stuff I've seen in the manrho/Putz book on operation Bodenplatte.

I have that book too. The parts that match are the shots of the damaged airfields - there is quite a lot of that. The people shooting on the ground is staged. The gun camera/aerial action stuff is generic. 

At 2:00 chute killer

Not necessarily.  By this stage of the war lots of later allied fighters were equipped with 16mm movie cameras that could be operated independently of the guns.

• Upvote 1

Tempests at B80 Volkel at 21 December 1944 (no sound though)

The Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney

352nd Fighter Group Home Movie (slightly too early but worth it for the title)