Sign in to follow this  
DaGengster

Any chance of seeing the Me 410?

Correct me if im wrong, but I dont think any IL 2 series game has had this plane yet.

Would be cool to see this plane as a collectors or something. Theres been a lot of 110s throughout the series but not their replacements.

While its operational history was mediocre, (IMO it was more due to its 2 engine heavy fighter role being less useful at the time of its development) its still an impressive plane, a significant improvement over the 110.

1920px-Messerschmitt_Me_410_%28344488476

• Upvote 6

Since i love Bf-110 i would love to see ME-410 in Sturmovik (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Never even heard of it till a couple of weeks ago but been spending quiet times at work watching YouTube vids on WWII aviation and been looking into it................. Glad you didn't say the 210 :mellow: My hope is the Mosquito as an extra collectors plane in Bodenplatte. Oh bzc3lk.... Only saw your post after I wrote mine...... At least there are 2 of us now that would love to see the Mossie in ;)

Edited by MingeMayo
  • Upvote 2

Me-210 was poor in many ways but it was not useless.

Me-410 fixed the serious issues.

Both 210/410 had air brakes too what 110 lacked.

The rear gunnery was mutch more efficient.

And the lovely bomb bay.

As heavy fighter fanboy i would also want to see Pe-3, KI-45

*Drooling*

Edited by Godspeed
  • Like 1

The 410 was an effective light fast bomber as well, wasn't it?

It and the Mosquito would be awesome inclusions, I pretty much spammed the BoBo release announcement threat to that effect on finding out there were no multi-engined piston attackers included.

A Pe-3 would also be great and (I think) shouldn't be hard to do, as if I recall accurately it's effectively a Pe-2 with the main differences being armour over the glazed nose, heavier forward-firing armament and fuel tanks in place of the bomb bays.

Do they list, or have they, listed the collectors planes that are being considered ? Perhaps do a pole of what people would want to buy ?

I would gladly pay for this for example.

It is a really cool plane.  I'd probably buy one if I invested in the game.  Not sure how complicated it would be to manage two engines, but I feel that if I were ever to take the plunge and try flying, I would probably be hopelessly bad at dogfighting and should stick to ground attack.  From War Thunder experience, this thing was basically toast as soon as anyone noticed you, but that is of course a different game.  (I know it's been debated and pretty well decided long ago, but playing one of the super heavily armed models against a fleet of B-17s would be a thrill.  Pretty sure I could manage to hit something that big.)

There is something about the looks of the Me-410 I've always liked. While I don't think it was anywhere near the Mosquito when it came to actual accomplishments, I think they'd make a great tandem release. The Mosquito would be a dream come true for a lot of folks here.

The combat effectiveness of the Me 410 is as dubious as the Bf 110's, but it's such an interesting aircraft full of unique features, that it's a shame not to include it somehow. A collector's plane combo with the Mossie would be great.

I vote in favor.

• Upvote 1

Yes, seeing the ME 410B would be amazing. It's such a unique plane and it would give the Germans a decent heavy fighter/interceptor/bomber. Especially if they included multiple variant options. 

The 410 would be awesome. Don't think I've ever seen it in any sim. 

7027.jpg

• Like 1

410   & Mossie...      YES!!👍👍