Huntsman

Who is going to buy and fly the G-6?

Cheerio,

because most of the people who fly 109s preffering the F-4 over the other and later types the G-2 and G-4 I asked myself who the hell wants to fly the G-6?

The reason for the question is obvious, the G-6 performs in most terms worse as its predecessors! 

So I would like to know of you guys who is buying and flying this most important variant of the 109?

By the way, I am an absolute lover of the G-6, it is MY personal favorite variant of the 109 and of the WW2 warbirds. It is for sure NOT the best one but a solid workhorse and the interesting part is the insane amount of variants inside the G-6 series itself. It is kind of an underdog and I like it very much. And it was in production for almost 2 years, which is astonishing enough.

So, I hope for a whole lot of oppinions, go on!

• Upvote 2

Me. Looking forward its looks and 13mm machine guns.

Nah - I'd never get to fly it.

The MK 108 will be the main attraction.

It draws them like moths to a flame...

• Upvote 3

Actually I look more forward to the two 13mm as for the MK108. So you will finally have two additional guns worth the name next to the 20mm  ;)

I will fly the G6 over any version. Just because i like the stetics, that mg131 and because is more difficult to fly and more satisfaying

• Upvote 2

I buy ever aircraft, even the ones I don't fly.

Same here. But I also like the agressive looks of the G6.

• Upvote 1

I fly the G2 or G4 over the F4. I'll be in the G6 as well.

Looking forward to the MG131s as that calibre seems very destructive in other platforms. I know that doesn't mean much until we get to try the German varient but I'm hopeful.

I'm going to guess everyone ! 

Lets face it, who wouldn't want to set up a quick mission against wave after wave of a single PE-2 foe until you run out of 30mm ammo ?

;)

Yes, the looks of the G-6 is what I like the most about her. Those additional bulges on the engine compartment and the wings give her the "special character" I like.

Not as clean as the Friedrichs and the early Gustavs but more distinct.

It has MW50 as standard equipment. Even though this won't help it much for outrunning a La-5FN, it is still much better than just 1min of emergency power on the F4.

Buy 'em all, fly 'em all!

It's the only way. Nothing else works.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I will be flying the G6. Comparing the F4 to the G2 or the G4 is silly though. The G2 is a solid downgrade in every way from the F4 and the G4 is not nearly as available on most maps. This translates to F4's being flown regularly, the G4 infrequently, and the G2 rarely or only if nothing else is available. If the G2 had an unlocked engine option it's popularity would skyrocket.

von Luck

Edited by von-Luck

Are you sure the G-6 ingame will have the MW-50 injection? I thought it will be an early variant so most of them did not have the MW-50 system. But as far as I know even the early ones COULD have the MW-50 or the GM-1 injections equipped but most of them did not. But I am not an expert and could be wrong with this.

So it seems to me more plausible we will get a G-6 without the MW-50 or GM-1 injections. Even so I would like to have it  :P

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

It has MW50 as standard equipment. Even though this won't help it much for outrunning a La-5FN, it is still much better than just 1min of emergency power on the F4.

It does not have MW50. MW50 is for the Bf-109G6AS variant and not for the early 109 G6. The G6 will perform slightly worse than the G4 so if you used to flying the G2 and G4, it shouldn't be that much of a difference. I do hope, however, we get the MW50 for it as a mod like the La-5 got one to turn it into the early La-5F variant. The Bf-109G6/U2 variant that used the GM-1 system (also used in the G5 and I think the G4 as well) was used only later in 1943 (by Nov) AFAIK. 

Edited by SCG_Riksen

Sorry mate, but that's false... The Daimler 605AS only refers to a larger supercharger. MW-50 injection is entirely independent of that. According to German sources the possibility to use MW50 was standard in the G-6. The tank behind the pilot would just be filled with Methanol-Wasser Gemisch. The tank was always there, and could also be used for conservative fuel to extend flight time instead. It didn't need an additional device at all, it was standard. The new 605AS was not standard though, you are right at that, entered in '44 and improved high alt performance. It wasn't very interesting for the Eastern front though.

So, new DB605AS nay, MW-50 yay.

• Upvote 2

who the hell wants to fly the G-6?

The sort of people who will fly an 109 F2 on a 1941 server even if F4s are available, who will not select the 23mm on a LaGG 3 even if it is available and the sort who will not take 2x1000kg every single time in a 111, even if that may effect their high scores/stats/kills/frags etc.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be snobby about sim vs game etc, but I do like playing "what if" scenarios out online, for me, the variety of the planes is cool. I greatly respect the folk who can dedicate themselves to one plane but I have the attention span of a moth so need different things to do.

• Upvote 9

Good to know Fenris. I didn't know that it was already there. Another reason to hope for it then :)

Posted (edited)

P. S. Another thing I often saw in this thread is people quoting each other regarding the MW50 duration of use. Correct us that it could be used for 10 minutes, after which you'd want to keep the engine at low pressure for at least 5 minutes. Engine could run two times per fuel load, for total of 20 minutes.

Problem with MW50 is that it can be problematic in Winter. It should start getting slick at -40°C, and become dangerous at -50°C. MW-30 was more effective (more additional HP) , but degraded engine life with frequent misfires, and would not work properly in less than -15 °C. :)

Interesting to know is the limitation to when they couldn't use MW-50. MW-50 in your zylinder detoriates spark plugs rather quickly. From that information we can deduct: No MW-50 for the boys, if the airfield had a shortage in replacements.. I recommend to anyone interested to read up on the Beigemisch itself. It's rather interesting to understand the whole picture.

Edited by 4./JG52_Fenris_Wolf

Cheerio,

because most of the people who fly 109s preffering the F-4 over the other and later types the G-2 and G-4 I asked myself who the hell wants to fly the G-6?

Well, I hope that the tail of the G6 comes from the factory with a better glue than the other Bf-109. The Gustavs "THE BUMP" is ugly with desire but they have an MK-108 and I would like to see how a La5FN explodes with a pair of 30mm grenades  :P

I will definitely.

I look forward to having a Kuban Bf109 career where I fly in a squadron that slowly circulates through G-2, G-4 and on to G-6 by the end of the campaign. That will be an epic campaign!

• Upvote 2

The MW50 is definitely NOT standard for the G6 (it will be for the G14) and I doubt it will be available as a mod.

What we get are very early versions of both the G6 and the La-5FN - in both cases easily identifiable by the radio mast. MW50 is a strictly 1944 thing and was not common at all on G6s.

This has been discussed to death in two other threads.

• Upvote 2

Yes I'm going to buy it and hell yes I'll fly it. 

Same as said before: weapons, with Mg131 and MK108  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: (even if it won't be available on the servers I guess), agressive look, a bit more "challenging" than the others.

And btw, with Mk108, I guess we'll finally need just few rounds to kill. I just can't stand (and understand) the Spitfire damage model  :help:  :dash: (Just my honest opinion)

Luckily i dont have to face that brute in my Bf-110 ヽ(´▽`)ノ

Posted (edited)

The MW50 is definitely standard for the G6 (it will be for the G14, because AS ) and I don't like it will be available as a mod.

What we get are very early versions of both the G6 and the La-5FN - in both cases easily identifiable by the radio mast. MW50 is a strictly late radio mast thing and was not common at all on G5s.

This has been discussed to death in two other echo chambers of ex-WT players on sikrit documints.

Oh really? :P Edited by 4./JG52_Fenris_Wolf

Posted (edited)

Me. Every plane is worth flying in singleplayer.

Edited by FFS_Cybermat47

The sort of people who will fly an 109 F2 on a 1941 server even if F4s are available, who will not select the 23mm on a LaGG 3 even if it is available and the sort who will not take 2x1000kg every single time in a 111, even if that may effect their high scores/stats/kills/frags etc.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be snobby about sim vs game etc, but I do like playing "what if" scenarios out online, for me, the variety of the planes is cool. I greatly respect the folk who can dedicate themselves to one plane but I have the attention span of a moth so need different things to do.

+1

You also should see the earlier models 109 get deleted from the listing with the G6 available on later missions.

Posted (edited)

Real wwii air combater would not Miss G6,The harder they pilot the more succesful feelings they get.

Warthunder Flies  who could only cheat on planes, abuse bugs of games,will change sides very often. and pick up easy planes.

Wanna be hartmann in game? Here is your chance!

post-19-0-12270200-1511522925_thumb.jpg

Edited by salimliu

I bought the G6 although I won't fly it very often - I'm more on the red side. But I had to buy it just to

support this great team!

Yours trully :-)

Well, but that shouldn't count because I will actually buy & fly ( fly at least once like each of the bombers who I mostly picked just one time to try them out... ) anything released by 1C / 777 for IL2 Battle of X

Posted (edited)

I've buy the Bf-109 G6, but I ´ve supposed that the developers will model the airplane with all "Rüstsätze" (conversion kits) used for this version, if it´s not, i've paid for nothing because the G6 performances were the same as G2,G3,G4 or G5. ..all Gustavs are similar at the end, the main diferences are the engine, and the "Rüstsätze" installed.

Edited by III/JG52_Otto_-I-

I bought it immediately after it came to the shop. And I`ll fly it with pleasure, can`t say no to those bulges  :)

• Upvote 1