=IL2AU=Wanganui_Wildcat

IL-2 Pacific: What a Tease

Looks great! Did you build all that with and for IL-2 BoS ?

Sure did, myself and Munaz aka Check Six. If you look again you might find something odd about the Zero

bobp_bomid.jpg

Edited by =WFPK=Wanganui_Wildcat
  • Upvote 3

If you look again you might find something odd about the Zero

Haha, true - I must have been too stunned to see it!

Yeah, I'd like to see a Pacific sim again, but I understand why all sim creators shy back from the task:

the amount of historically halfways correct ships to build would be, as if you make a Naval sim also.

Which might not be the badest idea... Two in one.

Yes, ki-61 are almost similar: same engine and same weapons.

64sTomio & some  C6_Guys are working on a NewGuinea coop campaign.

NIce. Is this supposed to be a pacific inspired mission / server or just the skins?

More videos, Absolutely

A skin pack, likely

Pacific inspired missions, hopefully

Pacific inspired server, possibly

These are all the plan but I depends on how far we get with it, the mission writing and server stuff is proving to be a steep learning curve!

Yes, ki-61 are almost similar: same engine and same weapons.

64sTomio & some  C6_Guys are working on a NewGuinea coop campaign.

Ki-61 skin looks great! might have to get that off you in future?! I got sent another ki-61 skin for the 202 yesterday, I will see if I can find the picture of it, not sure who made it. I did have a small go at skinning the 202 myself but with my limited skinning ability I found the template incredibly difficult to use and paint!

Will have a look at the c6 website, how long have they been working on that?

Terrific....absolutely terrific. Until Bodenplatte is released I just may live here. Especially when the A-20 and P-39 come out. A VERY good faux Pacific. I'm rather surprised that the Russian SB-2 isn't in the sim. Even as an AI. They used so many of them. It would have made a great Japanese bomber. I'm not a huge fan of the Russian planes, to be honest. I'd rather spend my time in the U.S. machines so I'm really looking forward to this. By the way....in the shots where you cleverly covered up the cockpits with the plane's wings, they really DO look like Zero's and Tony's. 

I'm going to start flying my Warhhawk against the LA-5 for some practice. I'll bet they are pretty evenly matched. 

Terrific....absolutely terrific. Until Bodenplatte is released I just may live here. Especially when the A-20 and P-39 come out. A VERY good faux Pacific. I'm rather surprised that the Russian SB-2 isn't in the sim. Even as an AI. They used so many of them. It would have made a great Japanese bomber. I'm not a huge fan of the Russian planes, to be honest. I'd rather spend my time in the U.S. machines so I'm really looking forward to this. By the way....in the shots where you cleverly covered up the cockpits with the plane's wings, they really DO look like Zero's and Tony's. 

I'm going to start flying my Warhhawk against the LA-5 for some practice. I'll bet they are pretty evenly matched. 

Thank mate! Yeah really looking forward to the A-20 and P-39!!! 

fun.  now wheres the kaga with working elevators. thanks in advance  :lol:

Macchi 202 is much closer of Ki-61 than La-5 from the Zero...

With A-20, P-39 coming soon and P-38L later this year, it is really possible to make New Guinea scenario on the southeast part of Kuban map :cool:

Nothing particularly wrong with P-38, except that it will be P-38L with boosted ailerons, improved turbochargers, dive recovery flaps and couple other features. There werent that many P-38Ls during Leyte invasion in October-November 1944, more P-38Js so for any New Guinea scenario you should look more for a P-38F or early G. 

Really impressed with this "Pacific" project, it's actually quite convincing! Looking forward to see what you can make of this

I suspect that would be a pretty popular server in multiplayer!

Nothing particularly wrong with P-38, except that it will be P-38L with boosted ailerons, improved turbochargers, dive recovery flaps and couple other features. There werent that many P-38Ls during Leyte invasion in October-November 1944, more P-38Js so for any New Guinea scenario you should look more for a P-38F or early G. 

Yeah, that's true but we are not going to get any other P-38 version for a while most probably so the L version is better than nothing as P-38 whatever the version is a key plane for any Pacific land-based campaign.

Also, it is always possible to slow it down with some extra racks. McGuire do it himself i swear xD

Edited by 64sTomio

More videos, Absolutely

A skin pack, likely

Pacific inspired missions, hopefully

Pacific inspired server, possibly

These are all the plan but I depends on how far we get with it, the mission writing and server stuff is proving to be a steep learning curve!

Ki-61 skin looks great! might have to get that off you in future?! I got sent another ki-61 skin for the 202 yesterday, I will see if I can find the picture of it, not sure who made it. I did have a small go at skinning the 202 myself but with my limited skinning ability I found the template incredibly difficult to use and paint!

Will have a look at the c6 website, how long have they been working on that?

Il2 australia server is close to being run up again and I think doing Pacific inspired missions will be a good fun Set up for it.

French guys server looks interesting but it appears it will be in eu time zone only as organised event?

Thanks everyone, glad you enjoyed the video, watch the space for more to come, as well as hopefully other pacific related stuff! This has had a great response, I'm glad I'm not the only one hanging out for some pacific content!

Love that 202 in the 61 skin. Is there a link to download the skin?

That's unfortunately not my skin so I can't help you there 

Very nice! Where could one get that Zero skin, please?

I will post it up soon, want to get a few missions to go along with it first.

Macchi 202 is much closer of Ki-61 than La-5 from the Zero...

With A-20, P-39 coming soon and P-38L later this year, it is really possible to make New Guinea scenario on the southeast part of Kuban map :cool:

Agree 100% but I am new to skinning and the 202 is a hard template to work with!

I suspect that would be a pretty popular server in multiplayer!

Lets hope so!!!

I would use the I-16 instead of the La5 as a substitue Zero.  Similar performance, agility and armament with 2x Mg and 2x 20mm.

Edited by ICDP

I would use the I-16 instead of the La5 as a substitue Zero.  Similar performance, agility and armament with 2x Mg and 2x 20mm.

Indeed, although the size really makes it glarilgly obvious.

The La-5 looks more like a Ki-100 in my opinion.

avhien_6.jpg

Kawasaki_Ki-100_078_of_the_59th_Sentai_f

• Upvote 1

Yeah the i16 really breaks the believability a bit i think

Of course just to get a nap bomber is stretching a long bow with the ju88 and pe2 but it's that or no bomber really

Edited by =WFPK=chappyj

The I-16 would make a nice Claude...just leave the gear down all the time, LOL.

On the La-5 skin, I humbly suggest that turning off the 'wood-chip' wear layer would make it a little more convincing.

I like this thread though...reminds me of when I was a kid before internet/computers and we just had to use our imagination a lot more. I made a pretty convincing aircraft carrier out of cardboard, with a metal Band-Aid box as the island and these off-brand legos for aircraft (2 pieces each...wing on the bottom for fighters and wing on top for dive/torpedo bombers). I cut open the port side so that it had a legit hangar below the flight deck. That thing was awesome!

Now we fight to the death on the forum over 15 km/h or whatever...

If anyone is interested in downloading the skins, have a look here

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/33529-faux-pacific-skins/?do=findComment&comment=559644

Also there is a mission and skin pack to download here

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/33570-faux-pacific/

We also have a multiplayer server running, still in the testing phase at the moment but jump online and have a go if you like. Info is here

http://il2au.sytes.net/en/info/

Edited by =WFPK=Wanganui_Wildcat

If anyone is interested in downloading the skins, have a look here

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/33529-faux-pacific-skins/?do=findComment&comment=559644

Also there is a mission and skin pack to download here

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/33570-faux-pacific/

We also have a multiplayer server running, still in the testing phase at the moment but jump online and have a go if you like. Info is here

http://il2au.sytes.net/en/info/

Will the spitfire be available in this server?

Hi

There is a pinned thread for the server in the appropriate forum

I could ad spits to one of the current missions perhaps the amphib landing mission

Darwin Spitfires, Royal Australian Air Force. Would make a good Defense of Darwin mission along with USAAF P-40s.