Sign in to follow this  
Buzzsaw

Enabling Zoom in "CoD Blitz"

Zoom function can be enabled for views in 'CoD Blitz'

- Open main 'il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover blitz' folder

- Open conf.ini file

- At the end of the 'Core' section, add 'ZoomSpeed=?' line.

[core]
RandSeed = 0
TexQual=3
TexFlags.PolygonStipple=0
Shadows=1
etc
etc
TexFlags.VSync=0
ExtendedClouds=1
StaticsShadows=0
ZoomSpeed=5        
<=====<

Change the number to change the speed of the zoom.

How do you bind that zoom option to your keyboard or stick?

What is the name of the function I should I use in the controls settings? Or do I simply have to move my head forward using trackir?

Thank you!

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy

^ Control options -> View category -> FoV + and FoV - (also assign FoV 70 to go back to default with one click).

Edited by Art-J
  • Upvote 1

Not in game controls.

In fact are two "zoom" assigned to mouse,  not in scroll wheel but in mouse Y axis.

Clo_DMouse_Zoom.jpg

Is "Adjust Field of View" that require press and hold the button/key for "Hold to Adjust Field of View" - for default assigned for ... "Mouse 5"???  :huh:  and move mouse back and forth.

But this "zoom" is "psychedelic", varying from ~120º do a big (!) negative value  resulting in a distorted image of cockpit.  :wacko:

TF 3.0(?) add this adjust in the "Field of View +" and "Field of View -" liming the "zoom" from 0º to ~120º.

The other "zoom" in mouse Y axis is "Zoom camera", that require press and hold the button/key for "Hold to Zoom Camera" *, but this zoom happens only inside cockpit, don't magnify the external world, and is not useful for what 'virpilots' want, see the enemy at "~20 km".  :)

* But to "add insult to injury" this "Hold to Zoom Camera" is in fact the "Hold to Offset Camera" and vice-versa". Another of this many "small issues" of CloD, like the follow:

To make things more interesting, the 'default' key binds (created in March, 2011) has "Mouse Left" assigned for this "Hold to Offset Camera (in fact "Hold to Zoom Camera") and for "Mouse Control" (the mouse ability to click over some cockpit controls) that work in the "independent Mode" (of cockpit) in what is possible click over some controls, this mode is ON in spawn but can be toggled OFF with F10 key or momentary suspended with "Mouse Middle" button.

But...  :biggrin:  "Mouse Left" is too assigned for "Fire Current Weapon" (gunner MG), and now things became "interesting":

In gunner turret when press "Mouse Left" for fire MG, simultaneous are pressing the  "Hold to Offset Camera (in fact "Hold to Zoom Camera") , and now mouse respond only for Y axis, but for aim gunner MG is required X axis.  :lol:  Resulting that gunner can't fire and correct aim.  :angry:  Murphy Law at their best.  :biggrin:

Opera resume: Mouse Left for "Hold to Offset Camera (in fact "Hold to Zoom Camera") is a useless command - an cause issues, CLEAR this assignment.

Edited by Sokol1

Zoomspeed is not working !!!

Cliffs of Dover is Ok.

Cliffs of Dover Blitz is mit Ok

i have add zoomspeed=4 but is not working.

The place for add "Zoom speed" line changed (is not more under MOD like in 4.312), check a previous topic or in ATAG forum.

Edited by Sokol1