Sign in to follow this  
lefuneste

How to put labels&Interface in 3D (for the few 3DVISION or OCULUS users)

Bos has a superb 3Dvision implementation (like RoF). Nevertheless (It is surely a matter of time) the labels and the IHM are not in 3D. This is anoying, especially for the labels.

So I made a little "Helix" mod to help the few 3Dvision or Oculus users to cope with this problem.

Install the mod with JSGME (best option) or copy the  "bin" and "data" folders to your game installation directory.

Helix_Rof_JMSGE.zip

Edited by lefuneste01

Hi.

How do You force BOS to use 3d Vision? btw ROF starts automatically in 3D.

JSGME run with BOS and ROF simultaneously ?

BIG THANKS.

I found solution in this site how to add BOS to 3d profile ( I add it to Rise of Flight profile)

http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2013/03/how-to-change-3d-vision-profile-and.html

ps. BOS in 3D looks amazing! feeling of be there in air....  maneuvering and altitude orientation improves also. The JOY! .Probably only Oculus Rift can beat that.

ps 2 There is one small glitch along right side of screen (kind of negative vision).

Question for lefuneste01. How to change label depth in game? (menus are ok for me but in game names are to close and distracting).

Thanks

The bos implementation isnt complete yet. But this is a great mod! Id pm a dev to make sure they see this. As far as i gather the Rift implementation will be similar to WT. As in you are looking at a large movie screen while in the menus. But in Game it will look like other oculus games.

I did nothing special to make BoS work in 3Dvision...I was a bit surprised but it was working by default !

If you want to change the depth of some objects: edit the *.txt files  in data\ShaderOverride (they are shaders that are replaced).

Modify the line "def c220, 0.15, 0, 0.0625, 0" and replace 0.15 by the value you like, between 0 (no depth) and 1.0 (full depth).

Map shaders must have the same depth to keep consistance.

I was unable to get my 3D vision to work at all by default, didn't try very hard though, I'll try manually adding a profile like suggested.

First world problems: I don't have enough USB ports to use my 3D Vision when I have my KB/M, Joystick, Pedals, TrackIR, and Headphones all plugged in... 

Guess I'll have to finally connect the front panel ports to the mobo to use it all at once, I haven't used 3D Vision in any sims yet  (beyond testing if it's supported)  due to this problem.

Edited by [AKA]Kraut

Hi. Kraut.

You should try 3D in ROF and BOS. I know what You are talking about, I have: joystick, rudder,throttle quadrant, TIR which eats two USB ports - ps3eye and DelanClip, 3D Vision, mouse and keyboard - same problem with USB ports. But i was able to use additional USB connectors from motherboards.

Biggest disadvantage in using 3D is darker looks  which it generates - hard to spot aircraft. I have that sorted by new technology called "lightboost"  in my new Benq monitor. Ii is much better now.

ps. I like Yours channel about BOS on Youtube - more BOS plz :)   

Hi. Kraut.

You should try 3D in ROF and BOS. I know what You are talking about, I have: joystick, rudder,throttle quadrant, TIR which eats two USB ports - ps3eye and DelanClip, 3D Vision, mouse and keyboard - same problem with USB ports. But i was able to use additional USB connectors from motherboards.

Biggest disadvantage in using 3D is darker looks  which it generates - hard to spot aircraft. I have that sorted by new technology called "lightboost"  in my new Benq monitor. Ii is much better now.

ps. I like Yours channel about BOS on Youtube - more BOS plz :)   

Thanks! Yeah, I have lightboost too, just got a new Asus monitor, I only have 3D vision v.1 though, so I don't know if the lightboost is working. I'll try it all out next session.

Thanks! Yeah, I have lightboost too, just got a new Asus monitor, I only have 3D vision v.1 though, so I don't know if the lightboost is working. I'll try it all out next session.

I just got a new Asus as well, that has Lightboost and supports 3D Vision v2 from what I understand, but I would need to purchase the 3dVision kit as it does not have the ir emitter.

It is tempting though...

I just got a new Asus as well, that has Lightboost and supports 3D Vision v2 from what I understand, but I would need to purchase the 3dVision kit as it does not have the ir emitter.

It is tempting though...

haha sounds like we got the same one!  ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz??? 

I have tested it and it works with the v1 kit that I have, I just don't know if lightboost is on or not. It definitely looks great and isn't too dark, that's for sure.

I definitely like how awesome it looks in 144hz, 2D mode, the 3D is just a bonus.

Edited by 4./JG26_Kraut

In Benq there is  option in OSD to turn Lightboost off/on and amount of brightness when on. About v1 kit, You don't have to change emitter but You should buy v2 glasses - new glass design allows even brighter image, they are also 25% bigger and much more comfortable. 

haha sounds like we got the same one!  ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz??? 

I have tested it and it works with the v1 kit that I have, I just don't know if lightboost is on or not. It definitely looks great and isn't too dark, that's for sure.

I definitely like how awesome it looks in 144hz, 2D mode, the 3D is just a bonus.

I got the 27"

VG278HE

144hz does look awesome.

Mine has a lightboost setting in the OSD, which I have off as I understand it is mainly for the 3d gaming and would probably be too bright otherwise.

Edited by dburnette

New version of the mod:

Mapping
* F1 key gives two depth/convergence settings: first=> lagg, second Bf109
* F2 to F5 key give special "scale model" external view
* Y key gives differents depth for icon&GUI&Map : low depth for menu, med. and high depth for flying
* Mouse 4 button give a low depth when pressed

The depth/convergence settings can be modified and saved with the following procedure:
* activate the mode you want to modifiy (press on or two times F1 or press the F2 key
* change the depth/convergence setting
* Save it by pressing the "F7" key

In order to modify the key mapping you have to change the value after the "key =" in the correspondig [KEY*] section of the DX9settings.ini file by using a code found here: http://www.asciitable.com/index/asciifull.gif

Some people have trouble to set up 3dvision convergence. Check that the variable "post_effects_enable" is set to 0 in startup.cfg

Edited by lefuneste

Hi,

I tried to get BOS working in 3D. I followed the instruction but it is not working for me. Which exe do you have assigned to the Rise of Flight profile? Do I have to chance in addition something in the Graphic - setup?

Thanks for your help!!!