feathers632

cliffs of dover blitz edition VR support?

Not yet, they have mentioned the plans are to have VR support included in version 5.0. Still a ways away I suspect.

I am awaiting on it as well.

IL-2 in VR really has got traction hasn't it. 70 hours plus for me. There's no way back ...

IL-2 in VR really has got traction hasn't it. 70 hours plus for me. There's no way back ...

Yep, no telling how many hours for me.

Both parts of Stalingrad Campaign.

Blazing Steppe Campaign.

Ivan's War Campaign.

Currently 195 missions into my first PWCG Campaign.

And loving every minute of it!

Yup has been a total revolution for me since IL2 BoX gained VR support, I've played almost no other flight sim since (and I rarely played BoX before). Wouldn't play without, just feels too amazing flying in VR.

So while I think the IL2 Cliffs of Dover Blitz announcement is really cool (and I get it for free as an original CoD owner) ... I'm actually not going to play it until it gets VR support.

• Upvote 5

Yup has been a total revolution for me since IL2 BoX gained VR support, I've played almost no other flight sim since (and I rarely played BoX before). Wouldn't play without, just feels too amazing flying in VR.

So while I think the IL2 Cliffs of Dover Blitz announcement is really cool (and I get it for free as an original CoD owner) ... I'm actually not going to play it until it gets VR support.

Same here

Agree about need for VR. I’ve been using VR since 2006. No games support back then but i knew VR was what I needed for realism.

IL-2 is stunning in VR. I love DCS World too but IL-2 makes you feel like you’re in that WW2 era.

I only buy VR games and sims these days. Pancake games are banned.

I had a quick blast in CloD last night, it just made me sad. I want to see it remade with this engine. Hope that might be a thing a few years down the line, after the pacific ofcourse ;)

I had a quick blast in CloD last night, it just made me sad. I want to see it remade with this engine. Hope that might be a thing a few years down the line, after the pacific ofcourse ;)

Sadly, I don't think that's too likely to happen. As I understand it the Team Fusion guys and 1C have agreed to cover different things, so BoB and North Africa for CloD and pretty much anything else for IL2 BoX. Which makes sense, 1C doesn't want to compete with itself.

Sadly, I don't think that's too likely to happen. As I understand it the Team Fusion guys and 1C have agreed to cover different things, so BoB and North Africa for CloD and pretty much anything else for IL2 BoX. Which makes sense, 1C doesn't want to compete with itself.

not in the near term at least, I do understand that. I would still love to see it remade with the modern game engine one day.

Ditto...4.5 Blitz is quite a nice improvement for CloD for  now.One hopes that when 5.0 comes out CloD will go to VR and also by that time clarity in Oculus VR will also be much improved & perhaps the goggles made more comfortable & less claustrophbic.

I bought Oculus the minute it was announced it would work with BoX and love it ( except for the clarity issues with medium & far away objects.The immersion factor is simply unbelievable! One thing I hadn't counted on or even cared about is the amount of other games rides & films it already works with: jaw dropping. Even my wife who looks ascance at my addiction to BoX & CloD had to admit after viewing a futuristic city from the ledge of a building that VR was very cool & a must have, before peelingoff the goggles & fleeing the room ( only kidding!)! :salute:

This  ^^

There is no way to return to flat screens once you have flown in VR. I uninstalled CloD once that happened for me and it won't find it's way back until it gets VR support. Just the way it is. Having enjoyed it with Trackir and 3D glasses, I have no doubt it would be welcome if/when that occurs.

• Upvote 2

have been playing BoS in vr for a while now. never played cliffs of dover, but bought Blitz prematurely with the assumption vr would be supported. Haven't even booted it up and won't until it's supported. Impossible to go back.

have been playing BoS in vr for a while now. never played cliffs of dover, but bought Blitz prematurely with the assumption vr would be supported. Haven't even booted it up and won't until it's supported. Impossible to go back.

I think VR support is in the future of CloD-Blitz at least I hope so. It is an undeniably beautiful flight sim so I do have my fingers crossed!

post-393-0-14225900-1517341008_thumb.jpg

"Chicken or the egg": for support VR CloD cockpits need be redone because parts are in 2D - so not VR compatible, but probable most of their active players probable will prefer a cockpit for new plane, even with parts in 2D. :)

+1

• Upvote 1

Me too 5.0 VR waiting ...

I am impresset ,about the good work in planes structures damage models !

• Upvote 1

"Chicken or the egg": for support VR CloD cockpits need be redone because parts are in 2D - so not VR compatible, but probable most of their active players probable will prefer a cockpit for new plane, even with parts in 2D. :)

This is not correct... most aircraft except some British have their cockpits completely in 3D... and the British types have most of their gauges in 3D, only a few items are in 2D.

We do hope to enable VR at some point, but no date yet.

• Like 1

This is not correct... most aircraft except some British have their cockpits completely in 3D... and the British types have most of their gauges in 3D, only a few items are in 2D.

We do hope to enable VR at some point, but no date yet.

:good: 

Really looking forward to seeing that day hopefully come at some point.

• Upvote 2

Is there even the foggiest idea of when 5.0 with VR might happen?  I just bought CLoD and RoF to support both programs but until they go into 5.0 and Flying Circus and use VR I won't use them. I expect FC Early Access maybe late this year but is there any idea at all for CLoD 5.0 VR capable?

The Battle of Britain is my favorite aviation interest so if it had VR I'd love it.  

• Upvote 1

Hello All

VR support is definitely something we would like to implement, but at this point it is secondary to getting TF 5.0 out as soon as possible.  We do not want to delay the release.  A survey of users has indicated most would like a quick release rather than delaying for features like VR.

However VR is something we are developing and of course if the work goes more quickly we will include it... but no guarantees.

If it is not available for TF 5.0, we do hope to have this feature implemented sometime between the TF 5.0 release and TF 6.0.

Thanks  :salute:

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

On 19/03/2018 at 4:17 AM, Buzzsaw said:

Hello All

VR support is definitely something we would like to implement, but at this point it is secondary to getting TF 5.0 out as soon as possible.  We do not want to delay the release.  A survey of users has indicated most would like a quick release rather than delaying for features like VR.

However VR is something we are developing and of course if the work goes more quickly we will include it... but no guarantees.

If it is not available for TF 5.0, we do hope to have this feature implemented sometime between the TF 5.0 release and TF 6.0.

Thanks  :salute:

That's understandable, if a little disappointing. I know I am in the minority, but VR is the one pre - requisite for me ever flying another flight sim. Without VR I am unlikely to even launch it.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, 69thSpiritus_Mortem said:

Just out of curiosity, how long can you fly for before having to stop? 

in VR ? IL2 BoX is a comfortable experience and I can play all day allowing for food, drink and comfort breaks.

• Upvote 2

On 3/21/2018 at 8:11 AM, 69thSpiritus_Mortem said:

If I wasn't married with 3 children? Indefinitely :)

There's no difference compared to a monitor for that.

I would love to have a go at Dover but like the others, I wouldn't touch it without VR. There really is no going back once you've experienced VR-it's a game changer.

• Upvote 2

On 2018-03-22 at 10:51 AM, 1_Robert_ said:

If I wasn't married with 3 children? Indefinitely :)

There's no difference compared to a monitor for that.

I would love to have a go at Dover but like the others, I wouldn't touch it without VR. There really is no going back once you've experienced VR-it's a game changer.

Same feelings here. I love CLoD and Falcon BMS, but after experiencing VR it is hard to go back to Track IR. The quality of Team Fusion’s work so far has been outstanding. I suspect “when” it adds VR, it will draw a lot of people back from DCS and BoX. 

Given that VR is a niche area, I have a sneaking suspicion that the VR community would pay extra to fund the earlier introduction of VR in TF 5.0. I know I would be willing to pay to download a Team Fusion “VR patch”. Just a thought....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/21/2018 at 10:11 AM, 69thSpiritus_Mortem said:

At first I just flew a few minutes in VR.  After a week I was up to an hour.  After a couple weeks it's pretty much unlimited.  

It's like it was flying aerobatics in real life.  At first my stomach was queasy, especially in the hot cockpit. After a few flight it was "Heck, yeah!  Let's wring this baby out."

I bought both CLoD and RoF to support them but I won't fly until I get VR.  And I really, really want to fly in the Battle of Britain in Hurricanes Mk. I and IIa and Spitfire Mk. I and IIa vs. Germans.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
On 2.4.2018 at 9:19 AM, LewDawg said:

Given that VR is a niche area, I have a sneaking suspicion that the VR community would pay extra to fund the earlier introduction of VR in TF 5.0. I know I would be willing to pay to download a Team Fusion “VR patch”. Just a thought....

Of course I would pay extra. CLOD combined with team Fusions work is THE simulator. If I can support them when I pay for a VR-DLC I certainly will.

Playing the Desastersoft campaigns in VR is my wet dream.

Edited by 74_jim_nihilist
  • Upvote 1

I don't know how long it takes to convert blitz to VR but I know I would buy the DLC also. Probably more would buy Blitz VR too. Making a bigger market for Tobruk and a quick money maker till Tobruk?

My bro got the Rift and hates it. But, he had never gamed and started so he could hang out with family on line (we're all retired and--except for him--old junkies). He's also a gifted artist, so very visual. A couple of questions to owners (if the thread starter will excuse me): Is Rift transferable (my bro has offered it to me)? Is the "blurriness" acceptable once your head is in the game (I don't play on line much and not so worried about spotting)? Can it reasonably handle glasses (accepting that I may need to get small frames)? Please PM any replies so I don't clutter this thread.

On ‎21‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 4:11 PM, 69thSpiritus_Mortem said:

Realistically about 1 hour for me. I'm 100+ hours in VR BoX now and still totally gobsmacked every time I jump in. 

Depends. Some are getting used to it better, some not. I can wear it for hours without problem. In the beginning it was much harder for me.

No problem here, I will play BoX for hours at a time with my Rift on with occasional breaks. I am retired now and pretty much fly almost daily.

Got my Rift in Jan 2017 and have not gamed on the monitor since.

Eagerly looking forward to VR in Cliffs someday.

I will keep checking back in occasionally for any more news.

• Like 2

I will be willing to pay extra for a VR patch for sure (I think most VR pilots can afford it too)

Battle of Britain is my favorite WWII air combat scenario.

Tolerance for VR very much depends on frame rate.  At 90FPS you'll eventually be able to stay for hours at a time.  Less than 45 and you'll be done after 15 minutes.

• Like 1