Jump to content

Those having Crash Problems, we'd like to see what programs you are running


Buzzsaw
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, trogdor said:

Thank you for your quick response.

I checked those things, AV is fine. 

 

When launched from Steam, this program shows "Preparing to launch" in a popup window , that window quickly closes and the program ends (according to steam and my task manager).   No error messages, it just stops. 

 

I have IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Blitz and that program works perfectly. 

 

I think this could be a problem with the initial setup/installation of the resources needed for this program. 

Are you sure you are not having problems with another game?

 

You say you have BLITZ and it works fine... there is no other program... if you have TOBRUK, it is a DLC for BLITZ and therefore launches with BLITZ.

 

Are you having problems with the other STURMOVIK games like STALINGRAD or others?  Those are separate games... different game engine... please see their forums.

 

Whatever game it is, your problem in any case very much resembles what happens when the AV blocks an .exe.

 

You also could be having a problem with STEAM... you should not have the overlay enabled.

 

If in fact the problem is with CLIFFS OF DOVER - BLITZ, then please see the 'Getting Started and Troubleshooting Guide'.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
BladeMeister

Image Name                     PID Services
========================= ======== ============================================
System Idle Process              0 N/A
System                           4 N/A
Registry                       148 N/A
smss.exe                       480 N/A
csrss.exe                      700 N/A
wininit.exe                    968 N/A
csrss.exe                      976 N/A
services.exe                   504 N/A
lsass.exe                      540 KeyIso, SamSs
winlogon.exe                  1064 N/A
svchost.exe                   1180 BrokerInfrastructure, DcomLaunch, PlugPlay,
                                   Power, SystemEventsBroker
fontdrvhost.exe               1208 N/A
fontdrvhost.exe               1212 N/A
svchost.exe                   1304 RpcEptMapper, RpcSs
svchost.exe                   1356 LSM
dwm.exe                       1432 N/A
svchost.exe                   1560 Schedule
svchost.exe                   1596 NcbService
svchost.exe                   1604 ProfSvc
svchost.exe                   1648 TimeBrokerSvc
svchost.exe                   1704 UserManager
svchost.exe                   1716 hidserv
svchost.exe                   1780 EventLog
svchost.exe                   1924 CoreMessagingRegistrar
svchost.exe                   1980 nsi
svchost.exe                    964 Dhcp
NVDisplay.Container.exe        596 NVDisplay.ContainerLocalSystem
svchost.exe                   2036 NlaSvc
svchost.exe                   2084 SEMgrSvc
svchost.exe                   2144 DispBrokerDesktopSvc
svchost.exe                   2196 SysMain
svchost.exe                   2204 Themes
svchost.exe                   2212 netprofm
svchost.exe                   2220 EventSystem
Memory Compression            2352 N/A
svchost.exe                   2396 SENS
svchost.exe                   2460 AudioEndpointBuilder
svchost.exe                   2468 FontCache
NVDisplay.Container.exe       2660 N/A
sihost.exe                    2852 N/A
svchost.exe                   2888 CDPUserSvc_2e1e5
svchost.exe                   3028 WpnUserService_2e1e5
svchost.exe                   3040 TokenBroker
taskhostw.exe                 3076 N/A
svchost.exe                   3164 StateRepository
svchost.exe                   3172 TabletInputService
ctfmon.exe                    3244 N/A
svchost.exe                   3336 WinHttpAutoProxySvc
svchost.exe                   3364 CDPSvc
svchost.exe                   3392 Winmgmt
svchost.exe                   3444 Dnscache
svchost.exe                   3608 Audiosrv
svchost.exe                   3744 DusmSvc
svchost.exe                   3756 Wcmsvc
svchost.exe                   3832 ShellHWDetection
svchost.exe                   3972 BFE, mpssvc
svchost.exe                   4032 LanmanWorkstation
rundll32.exe                  3628 N/A
svchost.exe                   4452 CryptSvc
svchost.exe                   4456 DeviceAssociationService
svchost.exe                   4472 DiagTrack
svchost.exe                   4480 iphlpsvc
svchost.exe                   4492 DPS
svchost.exe                   4504 TrkWks
DirectOutputService.exe       4512 SaiDOutput
RtkAudUService64.exe          4520 RtkAudioUniversalService
svchost.exe                   4528 stisvc
nvcontainer.exe               4540 NvContainerLocalSystem
MsMpEng.exe                   4548 WinDefend
svchost.exe                   4556 IKEEXT
svchost.exe                   4568 SstpSvc
svchost.exe                   4576 WpnService
svchost.exe                   4760 LanmanServer
svchost.exe                   4928 WdiServiceHost
dasHost.exe                   4940 N/A
svchost.exe                   5136 RasMan
explorer.exe                  5840 N/A
rundll32.exe                  5888 N/A
svchost.exe                   6092 PolicyAgent
svchost.exe                   4392 lmhosts
svchost.exe                   6156 RmSvc
svchost.exe                   6252 NcdAutoSetup
svchost.exe                   6432 SSDPSRV
svchost.exe                   6636 FDResPub
svchost.exe                   6792 cbdhsvc_2e1e5
nvcontainer.exe               6800 N/A
nvcontainer.exe               6856 N/A
svchost.exe                   5748 WdiSystemHost
SearchIndexer.exe             7964 WSearch
StartMenuExperienceHost.e     8184 N/A
RuntimeBroker.exe             7488 N/A
SearchApp.exe                 3132 N/A
RuntimeBroker.exe             7864 N/A
YourPhone.exe                 8456 N/A
RuntimeBroker.exe             8712 N/A
LockApp.exe                   9132 N/A
RuntimeBroker.exe             9524 N/A
NisSrv.exe                    9532 WdNisSvc
svchost.exe                   9764 BthAvctpSvc
NVIDIA Web Helper.exe         9816 N/A
conhost.exe                   9840 N/A
RuntimeBroker.exe             7808 N/A
nvsphelper64.exe             10532 N/A
NVIDIA Share.exe             10540 N/A
NVIDIA Share.exe             10724 N/A
NVIDIA Share.exe             11032 N/A
svchost.exe                  10476 PcaSvc
SecurityHealthSystray.exe    10924 N/A
SecurityHealthService.exe    10956 SecurityHealthService
RtkAudUService64.exe          8556 N/A
FlightSupport.exe             8612 N/A
X52_Profiler.exe              8648 N/A
X52Pro_Profiler.exe          10452 N/A
svchost.exe                   5624 LicenseManager
svchost.exe                   6244 Appinfo
svchost.exe                   9964 AarSvc_2e1e5
jusched.exe                  11708 N/A
svchost.exe                  11500 wcncsvc
svchost.exe                   4588 OneSyncSvc_2e1e5,
                                   PimIndexMaintenanceSvc_2e1e5,
                                   UnistoreSvc_2e1e5, UserDataSvc_2e1e5
ApplicationFrameHost.exe     11980 N/A
PaintStudio.View.exe         12248 N/A
RuntimeBroker.exe            11196 N/A
SystemSettings.exe           11688 N/A
svchost.exe                   9876 UsoSvc
UserOOBEBroker.exe           11896 N/A
svchost.exe                  12576 StorSvc
SgrmBroker.exe                4772 SgrmBroker
svchost.exe                   2272 wscsvc
dllhost.exe                   2904 N/A
TextInputHost.exe             6916 N/A
firefox.exe                    720 N/A
firefox.exe                  12980 N/A
firefox.exe                   3068 N/A
firefox.exe                  13036 N/A
firefox.exe                   1836 N/A
MoUsoCoreWorker.exe           1828 N/A
svchost.exe                   8312 InstallService
CompPkgSrv.exe               12900 N/A
firefox.exe                  13188 N/A
steam.exe                     8268 N/A
steamwebhelper.exe            3388 N/A
steamservice.exe              5716 Steam Client Service
steamwebhelper.exe           11460 N/A
steamwebhelper.exe            3112 N/A
steamwebhelper.exe            4704 N/A
steamwebhelper.exe           12816 N/A
steamwebhelper.exe            4896 N/A
steamwebhelper.exe           13980 N/A
firefox.exe                   4124 N/A
taskhostw.exe                 2320 N/A
svchost.exe                   4468 BITS
dllhost.exe                   4600 N/A
ShellExperienceHost.exe       3964 N/A
RuntimeBroker.exe            12088 N/A
svchost.exe                   2260 DisplayEnhancementService
firefox.exe                   8560 N/A
svchost.exe                   8672 ClipSVC
svchost.exe                   8792 gpsvc
Video.UI.exe                 13288 N/A
prevhost.exe                  4408 N/A
firefox.exe                  10092 N/A
cmd.exe                       2408 N/A
conhost.exe                  11112 N/A
tasklist.exe                  3676 N/A
WmiPrvSE.exe                  2732 N/A

 

VKB Gunfighter MKIII

Saitek X52 Pro

MFG Crosswinds

GVL Trim Panel

TIR5 with latest updates installed 10/11/21

Not sure if this is releavent but I use a Samsung G7 32" 240hz Gsync compayible monitor with High Dynamic Resolution turned on (HDR).

 

Patriot Viper V765 Mechanical Keyboard

Razor naga Hex mouse, updates installed 10/11/21

 

CLOD/DWT , File integrity checked tonight. It said 647 files were updated. What's up with that? CLOD/DWT has been working and performing good in sim, 160-185 FPS and running real smoothly in battles and solo flying.

Loading missions is strange. At random times during initial load into plane skin select and map screen I have to click the Windows key on my keyboard and then click on the Laucher64 shortcut on my my quickstart taskbar to progress further. When I click 'fly', at random times the mission will not start until I preform the windows key operation described in the last sentence. The mission will start fine and work fine and then at random times it will crash somewhere in the mission. usually about 20+ minutes into the mission. This does not happen every mission.

 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oqvu0zyx9rbqqg2/cppcrash%2Blog.7z?dl=0

 

Thanks for having a look.

 

SBlade<><

 

 

Edited by BladeMeister
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/11/2021 at 9:06 PM, BladeMeister said:

Image Name                     PID Services
========================= ======== ============================================
System Idle Process              0 N/A
System                           4 N/A
Registry                       148 N/A
smss.exe                       480 N/A
csrss.exe                      700 N/A
wininit.exe                    968 N/A
csrss.exe                      976 N/A
services.exe                   504 N/A
lsass.exe                      540 KeyIso, SamSs
winlogon.exe                  1064 N/A
svchost.exe                   1180 BrokerInfrastructure, DcomLaunch, PlugPlay,
                                   Power, SystemEventsBroker
fontdrvhost.exe               1208 N/A
fontdrvhost.exe               1212 N/A
svchost.exe                   1304 RpcEptMapper, RpcSs
svchost.exe                   1356 LSM
dwm.exe                       1432 N/A
svchost.exe                   1560 Schedule
svchost.exe                   1596 NcbService
svchost.exe                   1604 ProfSvc
svchost.exe                   1648 TimeBrokerSvc
svchost.exe                   1704 UserManager
svchost.exe                   1716 hidserv
svchost.exe                   1780 EventLog
svchost.exe                   1924 CoreMessagingRegistrar
svchost.exe                   1980 nsi
svchost.exe                    964 Dhcp
NVDisplay.Container.exe        596 NVDisplay.ContainerLocalSystem
svchost.exe                   2036 NlaSvc
svchost.exe                   2084 SEMgrSvc
svchost.exe                   2144 DispBrokerDesktopSvc
svchost.exe                   2196 SysMain
svchost.exe                   2204 Themes
svchost.exe                   2212 netprofm
svchost.exe                   2220 EventSystem
Memory Compression            2352 N/A
svchost.exe                   2396 SENS
svchost.exe                   2460 AudioEndpointBuilder
svchost.exe                   2468 FontCache
NVDisplay.Container.exe       2660 N/A
sihost.exe                    2852 N/A
svchost.exe                   2888 CDPUserSvc_2e1e5
svchost.exe                   3028 WpnUserService_2e1e5
svchost.exe                   3040 TokenBroker
taskhostw.exe                 3076 N/A
svchost.exe                   3164 StateRepository
svchost.exe                   3172 TabletInputService
ctfmon.exe                    3244 N/A
svchost.exe                   3336 WinHttpAutoProxySvc
svchost.exe                   3364 CDPSvc
svchost.exe                   3392 Winmgmt
svchost.exe                   3444 Dnscache
svchost.exe                   3608 Audiosrv
svchost.exe                   3744 DusmSvc
svchost.exe                   3756 Wcmsvc
svchost.exe                   3832 ShellHWDetection
svchost.exe                   3972 BFE, mpssvc
svchost.exe                   4032 LanmanWorkstation
rundll32.exe                  3628 N/A
svchost.exe                   4452 CryptSvc
svchost.exe                   4456 DeviceAssociationService
svchost.exe                   4472 DiagTrack
svchost.exe                   4480 iphlpsvc
svchost.exe                   4492 DPS
svchost.exe                   4504 TrkWks
DirectOutputService.exe       4512 SaiDOutput
RtkAudUService64.exe          4520 RtkAudioUniversalService
svchost.exe                   4528 stisvc
nvcontainer.exe               4540 NvContainerLocalSystem
MsMpEng.exe                   4548 WinDefend
svchost.exe                   4556 IKEEXT
svchost.exe                   4568 SstpSvc
svchost.exe                   4576 WpnService
svchost.exe                   4760 LanmanServer
svchost.exe                   4928 WdiServiceHost
dasHost.exe                   4940 N/A
svchost.exe                   5136 RasMan
explorer.exe                  5840 N/A
rundll32.exe                  5888 N/A
svchost.exe                   6092 PolicyAgent
svchost.exe                   4392 lmhosts
svchost.exe                   6156 RmSvc
svchost.exe                   6252 NcdAutoSetup
svchost.exe                   6432 SSDPSRV
svchost.exe                   6636 FDResPub
svchost.exe                   6792 cbdhsvc_2e1e5
nvcontainer.exe               6800 N/A
nvcontainer.exe               6856 N/A
svchost.exe                   5748 WdiSystemHost
SearchIndexer.exe             7964 WSearch
StartMenuExperienceHost.e     8184 N/A
RuntimeBroker.exe             7488 N/A
SearchApp.exe                 3132 N/A
RuntimeBroker.exe             7864 N/A
YourPhone.exe                 8456 N/A
RuntimeBroker.exe             8712 N/A
LockApp.exe                   9132 N/A
RuntimeBroker.exe             9524 N/A
NisSrv.exe                    9532 WdNisSvc
svchost.exe                   9764 BthAvctpSvc
NVIDIA Web Helper.exe         9816 N/A
conhost.exe                   9840 N/A
RuntimeBroker.exe             7808 N/A
nvsphelper64.exe             10532 N/A
NVIDIA Share.exe             10540 N/A
NVIDIA Share.exe             10724 N/A
NVIDIA Share.exe             11032 N/A
svchost.exe                  10476 PcaSvc
SecurityHealthSystray.exe    10924 N/A
SecurityHealthService.exe    10956 SecurityHealthService
RtkAudUService64.exe          8556 N/A
FlightSupport.exe             8612 N/A
X52_Profiler.exe              8648 N/A
X52Pro_Profiler.exe          10452 N/A
svchost.exe                   5624 LicenseManager
svchost.exe                   6244 Appinfo
svchost.exe                   9964 AarSvc_2e1e5
jusched.exe                  11708 N/A
svchost.exe                  11500 wcncsvc
svchost.exe                   4588 OneSyncSvc_2e1e5,
                                   PimIndexMaintenanceSvc_2e1e5,
                                   UnistoreSvc_2e1e5, UserDataSvc_2e1e5
ApplicationFrameHost.exe     11980 N/A
PaintStudio.View.exe         12248 N/A
RuntimeBroker.exe            11196 N/A
SystemSettings.exe           11688 N/A
svchost.exe                   9876 UsoSvc
UserOOBEBroker.exe           11896 N/A
svchost.exe                  12576 StorSvc
SgrmBroker.exe                4772 SgrmBroker
svchost.exe                   2272 wscsvc
dllhost.exe                   2904 N/A
TextInputHost.exe             6916 N/A
firefox.exe                    720 N/A
firefox.exe                  12980 N/A
firefox.exe                   3068 N/A
firefox.exe                  13036 N/A
firefox.exe                   1836 N/A
MoUsoCoreWorker.exe           1828 N/A
svchost.exe                   8312 InstallService
CompPkgSrv.exe               12900 N/A
firefox.exe                  13188 N/A
steam.exe                     8268 N/A
steamwebhelper.exe            3388 N/A
steamservice.exe              5716 Steam Client Service
steamwebhelper.exe           11460 N/A
steamwebhelper.exe            3112 N/A
steamwebhelper.exe            4704 N/A
steamwebhelper.exe           12816 N/A
steamwebhelper.exe            4896 N/A
steamwebhelper.exe           13980 N/A
firefox.exe                   4124 N/A
taskhostw.exe                 2320 N/A
svchost.exe                   4468 BITS
dllhost.exe                   4600 N/A
ShellExperienceHost.exe       3964 N/A
RuntimeBroker.exe            12088 N/A
svchost.exe                   2260 DisplayEnhancementService
firefox.exe                   8560 N/A
svchost.exe                   8672 ClipSVC
svchost.exe                   8792 gpsvc
Video.UI.exe                 13288 N/A
prevhost.exe                  4408 N/A
firefox.exe                  10092 N/A
cmd.exe                       2408 N/A
conhost.exe                  11112 N/A
tasklist.exe                  3676 N/A
WmiPrvSE.exe                  2732 N/A

 

VKB Gunfighter MKIII

Saitek X52 Pro

MFG Crosswinds

GVL Trim Panel

TIR5 with latest updates installed 10/11/21

Not sure if this is releavent but I use a Samsung G7 32" 240hz Gsync compayible monitor with High Dynamic Resolution turned on (HDR).

 

Patriot Viper V765 Mechanical Keyboard

Razor naga Hex mouse, updates installed 10/11/21

 

CLOD/DWT , File integrity checked tonight. It said 647 files were updated. What's up with that? CLOD/DWT has been working and performing good in sim, 160-185 FPS and running real smoothly in battles and solo flying.

Loading missions is strange. At random times during initial load into plane skin select and map screen I have to click the Windows key on my keyboard and then click on the Laucher64 shortcut on my my quickstart taskbar to progress further. When I click 'fly', at random times the mission will not start until I preform the windows key operation described in the last sentence. The mission will start fine and work fine and then at random times it will crash somewhere in the mission. usually about 20+ minutes into the mission. This does not happen every mission.

 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oqvu0zyx9rbqqg2/cppcrash%2Blog.7z?dl=0

 

Thanks for having a look.

 

SBlade<><

 

 

Hello Blademeister

 

Our coder who usually handles analyzing crash files is on vacation with his family till the 25th... when he gets back I will pass your file on to him.

 

It would seem you have had a corruption of your install at some point... as seen by the verification changing the files.

 

Whether that was a one time thing or there is a program changing the files is a question which needs the coder to look at.

 

In the meantime, I would recommend you do the following:

 

- Make sure you are running the latest official, (not beta) NVidia drivers.

 

-  That old standard... Delete the cache file.  😉


I also notice you have a lot of programs running which are unnecessary while playing the game and which could interrupt and crash the game.

 

For example: 

 

YourPhone.exe

 

Is it possible to turn this and other unnecessary 3rd party programs off when playing?

 

Regarding your monitor:

 

Are you running 240 hz and the same resolution in the game settings?  If this is not available, then that might be part of the problem.  Try running 60hz.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BladeMeister

Ty you Buzzsaw. I went through and found the Apps running in background menu and cut out a whole host of stuff. I am trying different settings in NCP, but it seems changing the launcher64 to Win7 compatibility mode has allowed CLOD to function normally for me again, i.e. , once clicking the fly button in a single mission it shows the loading bar like normal and then the plane skin & map screen. I can actually grab and move the plane in the skin viewer screen and zoom in on it in real time. Before, trying to manipulate the plane in skin viewer literally had like 10 seconds lag and loading a skin probably 8 secs lag. When I click the actually fly button to enter the mission everything is working as expected. I did have 2 crashes mid mission during my initial adjustment of the Refresh Rate down to 60hz and application controlled Refresh Rate, but after a couple more adjustments in NVCP, changing refresh back to 240hz and changing refresh from App controlled back to fastest possible rate, I had a complete mission and no crash. I am out of time to test tonight but I will do some more poking around tomorrow night. I am curious to see what your crash analyzer has to say about the crash files. I will update here when i feel I have a stable situation, which I may already have, but I need more time to confirm. I must say though, I have had a fair bit of problems trying to really get things squared away for a hassle free CLOD, but, and this is a BIG Butt, I really enjoy what TFS has done with the DWT map and especially the SP missions, the few I have flown. I am really getting the feel for the Tomahawk and/or Kittyhawk and I am really beginning to enjoy it and become a lethal adversary for the macaronis and the huns!:good: Here is a pic of appreciation.:cool:

 

Thanks for your time and Response.:joy:

 

   S!Blade<><

 

spacer.png

Edited by BladeMeister
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your earlier comments.  This is the only Steam game that will not start.  I am not having any problems with any other steam games including il2 .  Only IL2 Cliffs of Dover does not start.  All other steam games work perfectly. 

 

I have uninstalled/reinstalled/rebooted many times but IL2 Sutmovick: Cliffs of Dover will not start.   Quite a puzzle. I checked and all IL-2 games have identical firewall/anti-virus permissions. 

 

Again--no problem starting IL-2 Sturmovik: (1946/Battle of Stalingrad/Cliffs of Dover Blitz).  Only IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover will not start.

 

Any ideas?

Also--please note that I do not have a launcher64.exe, only a launcher.exe in IL-2 Sturmovick: Cliffs of Dover. 

 

Any ideas?

 

 

IL2_Error_2021.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9./JG52_J-HAT
28 minutes ago, trogdor said:

Thank you for your earlier comments.  This is the only Steam game that will not start.  I am not having any problems with any other steam games including il2 .  Only IL2 Cliffs of Dover does not start.  All other steam games work perfectly. 

 

I have uninstalled/reinstalled/rebooted many times but IL2 Sutmovick: Cliffs of Dover will not start.   Quite a puzzle. I checked and all IL-2 games have identical firewall/anti-virus permissions. 

 

Again--no problem starting IL-2 Sturmovik: (1946/Battle of Stalingrad/Cliffs of Dover Blitz).  Only IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover will not start.

 

Any ideas?

Also--please note that I do not have a launcher64.exe, only a launcher.exe in IL-2 Sturmovick: Cliffs of Dover. 

 

Any ideas?

 

 

IL2_Error_2021.PNG


 

Yesterday I tried starting CloD Blitz and it wouldn‘t get past the banner. Tried deleting the CloD folder under Documents and it didn‘t help (this usually helps restoring any corrupted file).

Turns out I had TeamSpeak Overlay on, which has always worked, and it wouldn’t work anymore after Win10 21H1 update and Nvidia‘s latest drivers. I turned it off and it worked. 
 

So, a few things you can try. Some might have been mentioned (definitely by me in earlier posts) and tried before, but here goes:

 

-Set your Launcher to Win7 compatibility (right click it, under properties/compatibility)

-Disable overlays, like Geforce Experience, Steam or TeamSpeak

-Delete the Documents/1C SoftClub/Cliffs of Dover folder (save your ini files before doing it so you can put them back after testing)

-Disable SteamCloud for the game (this can sync wrong config files and make your game not work).


(I suspect you are talking about CloD in its original form, not Blitz. In which case I would suggest ditch old CloD and stick to Blitz, since it‘s usually more stable in current systems).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, trogdor said:

Thank you for your earlier comments.  This is the only Steam game that will not start.  I am not having any problems with any other steam games including il2 .  Only IL2 Cliffs of Dover does not start.  All other steam games work perfectly. 

 

I have uninstalled/reinstalled/rebooted many times but IL2 Sutmovick: Cliffs of Dover will not start.   Quite a puzzle. I checked and all IL-2 games have identical firewall/anti-virus permissions. 

 

Again--no problem starting IL-2 Sturmovik: (1946/Battle of Stalingrad/Cliffs of Dover Blitz).  Only IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover will not start.

 

Any ideas?

Also--please note that I do not have a launcher64.exe, only a launcher.exe in IL-2 Sturmovick: Cliffs of Dover. 

 

Any ideas?

 

 

IL2_Error_2021.PNG

As Hat mentioned,, it seems you are having problems with the old game, not the updated BLITZ version.

 

As you should know, BLITZ is available for free to all those who own the original game... it is a free update on STEAM.

 

BLITZ has additional new aircraft and a multitude of improvements and fixes over the original.  It is continually being updated... it will be updated with VR in 2022.

 

TF does not support the old CLIFFS OF DOVER game... we did not publish it, we had nothing to do with its original development, we picked development of the game engine after 1C abandoned CLIFFS.  In our opinion, it has too many bugs and issues.  CLIFFS can cause issues with BLITZ when it is installed, we recommend you uninstall it and focus on BLITZ.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That explains everything.  Sorry I did not understand this.  Thank you for your help.  BLITZ works perfectly. 

 

Thanks again.  That was a wonderfully simple fix.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, trogdor said:

That explains everything.  Sorry I did not understand this.  Thank you for your help.  BLITZ works perfectly. 

 

Thanks again.  That was a wonderfully simple fix.

 

BLITZ has all the aircraft which came with the original CLIFFS game as well as all the original campaigns etc.

 

You do not lose anything when you run BLITZ instead of CLIFFS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
BladeMeister

A follow up to my October 13th post on Squaring CLOD away for hassle free use. At least for me.:cool:

On 10/13/2021 at 10:33 PM, BladeMeister said:

Ty you Buzzsaw. I went through and found the Apps running in background menu and cut out a whole host of stuff. I am trying different settings in NCP, but it seems changing the launcher64 to Win7 compatibility mode has allowed CLOD to function normally for me again, i.e. , once clicking the fly button in a single mission it shows the loading bar like normal and then the plane skin & map screen. I can actually grab and move the plane in the skin viewer screen and zoom in on it in real time. Before, trying to manipulate the plane in skin viewer literally had like 10 seconds lag and loading a skin probably 8 secs lag. When I click the actually fly button to enter the mission everything is working as expected. I did have 2 crashes mid mission during my initial adjustment of the Refresh Rate down to 60hz and application controlled Refresh Rate, but after a couple more adjustments in NVCP, changing refresh back to 240hz and changing refresh from App controlled back to fastest possible rate, I had a complete mission and no crash. I am out of time to test tonight but I will do some more poking around tomorrow night. I am curious to see what your crash analyzer has to say about the crash files. I will update here when i feel I have a stable situation, which I may already have, but I need more time to confirm. I must say though, I have had a fair bit of problems trying to really get things squared away for a hassle free CLOD, but, and this is a BIG Butt, I really enjoy what TFS has done with the DWT map and especially the SP missions, the few I have flown. I am really getting the feel for the Tomahawk and/or Kittyhawk and I am really beginning to enjoy it and become a lethal adversary for the macaronis and the huns!:good: Here is a pic of appreciation.:cool:

 

Thanks for your time and Response.:joy:

 

   S!Blade<><

 

For me and my system, Win10 64bit, AMD 5600x, EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 XC Ultra this is what works.

This is for those who have CTD and other procedure problems with CLOD/DWT normally or after an update applied through Steam.  Obviously this may not be needed by everyone and it may not work for everyone, but it is a good starting point and it resolved my major procedure issues and random CTDs with my install.

 

1. First and foremost run laucher64.exe as an administrator. Run it in either WIN 8 or WIN 7 compatibility mode. I use WIN 8 compatibility mode.

2. After any update on Steam, clear the cppcrash folder(delete contents not the folder),  delete the cache folder(CLOD will rebuild the folder and contents on next startup) found in the

your Windows install drive/users/(your name)/ documents/1c SoftClub/ il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover    folder.

3. Shut Steam down and restart your computer.

4. If you use a monitor with144hz or higher refresh rate. Start CLOD/DWT and go into options and set your resolution to the one you normally use but with 60hz refresh rate. Start a mission and fly around in it a few minutes. Maybe you don't need to fly around, but that is what I do. Exit the mission and exit  CLOD/DWT. Shut Steam down. I restart my computer once again. You may or may not want to restart your computer this time. Again, I do.

5. Delete the cache folder one more time in the       your Windows install drive/users/(your name)/ documents/1c SoftClub/ il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover        folder.

6.  If you use a monitor with144hz or higher refresh rate. Start CLOD/DWT and go into options and set your resolution to the one you normally use with the refresh rate you normally use. In my case 240hz and fly a mission.

You should be good to go. 🙂

 

This process has worked for me in 2 updates now and at least one hotfix.

 

A couple other observations I have learned concerning updates and Custom Campaigns.

1. In my install, in the

E:\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\parts\bob\mission\campaign     folder

there should be nothing. Custom Campaigns are no longer stored here nor should custom campaigns be installed here.

2.  Most All of the 3rd party Custom Campaigns should reside in

your Windows install drive\Users\(your name)Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\mission\campaign\custom

  Exceptions in my install. Desastersoft, Hun In The Sun, TEF Campaign, Wurzelbrunft. These require a different install procedure.

3. Keep a backup copy of your campaigns.ini file preferably outside your CLOD/DWT install because during an update or file integrity check this file will be replaced with the stock file that does not contain your custom entries. You will need to copy your custom campaigns.ini file over the stock one installed during the update to be able to see your custom campaigns in CLOD/DWT again.

 

A  Question I still have.

1. Do paintschemes only reside in the

C:\Users\Blade\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\PaintSchemes\Skins

folder?

I still have skins in my

E:\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\PaintSchemes\Skins

folder. I am not sure if I can safely delete the ones in my Steam folder?

 

I am just posting this in the hopes that it might help pull together some of the know possibilities to remedy CTDs as of late with CLOD/DWT. If I have made any mistakes please let me know and I will amend this post.

Carry On and Cheers!

 

S!Blade<><

 

 

Edited by BladeMeister
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, BladeMeister said:

A follow up to my October 13th post on Squaring CLOD away for hassle free use. At least for me.:cool:

Ty you Buzzsaw. I went through and found the Apps running in background menu and cut out a whole host of stuff. I am trying different settings in NCP, but it seems changing the launcher64 to Win7 compatibility mode has allowed CLOD to function normally for me again, i.e. , once clicking the fly button in a single mission it shows the loading bar like normal and then the plane skin & map screen. I can actually grab and move the plane in the skin viewer screen and zoom in on it in real time. Before, trying to manipulate the plane in skin viewer literally had like 10 seconds lag and loading a skin probably 8 secs lag. When I click the actually fly button to enter the mission everything is working as expected. I did have 2 crashes mid mission during my initial adjustment of the Refresh Rate down to 60hz and application controlled Refresh Rate, but after a couple more adjustments in NVCP, changing refresh back to 240hz and changing refresh from App controlled back to fastest possible rate, I had a complete mission and no crash. I am out of time to test tonight but I will do some more poking around tomorrow night. I am curious to see what your crash analyzer has to say about the crash files. I will update here when i feel I have a stable situation, which I may already have, but I need more time to confirm. I must say though, I have had a fair bit of problems trying to really get things squared away for a hassle free CLOD, but, and this is a BIG Butt, I really enjoy what TFS has done with the DWT map and especially the SP missions, the few I have flown. I am really getting the feel for the Tomahawk and/or Kittyhawk and I am really beginning to enjoy it and become a lethal adversary for the macaronis and the huns!:good: Here is a pic of appreciation.:cool:

 

Thanks for your time and Response.:joy:

 

   S!Blade<><

 

For me and my system, Win10 64bit, AMD 5600x, EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 XC Ultra this is what works.

This is for those who have CTD and other procedure problems with CLOD/DWT normally or after an update applied through Steam.  Obviously this may not be needed by everyone and it may not work for everyone, but it is a good starting point and it resolved my major procedure issues and random CTDs with my install.

 

1. First and foremost run laucher64.exe as an administrator. Run it in either WIN 8 or WIN 7 compatibility mode. I use WIN 8 compatibility mode.

2. After any update on Steam, clear the cppcrash folder(delete contents not the folder),  delete the cache folder(CLOD will rebuild the folder and contents on next startup) found in the

your Windows install drive/users/(your name)/ documents/1c SoftClub/ il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover    folder.

3. Shut Steam down and restart your computer.

4. If you use a monitor with144hz or higher refresh rate. Start CLOD/DWT and go into options and set your resolution to the one you normally use but with 60hz refresh rate. Start a mission and fly around in it a few minutes. Maybe you don't need to fly around, but that is what I do. Exit the mission and exit  CLOD/DWT. Shut Steam down. I restart my computer once again. You may or may not want to restart your computer this time. Again, I do.

5. Delete the cache folder one more time in the       your Windows install drive/users/(your name)/ documents/1c SoftClub/ il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover        folder.

6.  If you use a monitor with144hz or higher refresh rate. Start CLOD/DWT and go into options and set your resolution to the one you normally use with the refresh rate you normally use. In my case 240hz and fly a mission.

You should be good to go. 🙂

 

This process has worked for me in 2 updates now and at least one hotfix.

 

A couple other observations I have learned concerning updates and Custom Campaigns.

1. In my install, in the

E:\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\parts\bob\mission\campaign     folder

there should be nothing. Custom Campaigns are no longer stored here nor should custom campaigns be installed here.

2.  Most All of the 3rd party Custom Campaigns should reside in

your Windows install drive\Users\(your name)Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\mission\campaign\custom

  Exceptions in my install. Desastersoft, Hun In The Sun, TEF Campaign, Wurzelbrunft. These require a different install procedure.

3. Keep a backup copy of your campaigns.ini file preferably outside your CLOD/DWT install because during an update or file integrity check this file will be replaced with the stock file that does not contain your custom entries. You will need to copy your custom campaigns.ini file over the stock one installed during the update to be able to see your custom campaigns in CLOD/DWT again.

 

A  Question I still have.

1. Do paintschemes only reside in the

C:\Users\Blade\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\PaintSchemes\Skins

folder?

I still have skins in my

E:\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\PaintSchemes\Skins

folder. I am not sure if I can safely delete the ones in my Steam folder?

 

I am just posting this in the hopes that it might help pull together some of the know possibilities to remedy CTDs as of late with CLOD/DWT. If I have made any mistakes please let me know and I will amend this post.

Carry On and Cheers!

 

S!Blade<><

 

 

Thanks for outlining your solutions.  👍

 

Yes, your custom skins go in documents.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...