eRoN

Clod Blitz doesn't start

Clicking on the application (default shortcut and launcher64 in file directory) does nothing and the process just dies after a couple of seconds.

I have installed the redistributables and verified game cache.

What are your specs? Any overlays on? Is your Anti-Virus programs flagging anything?

i7 3770k

16gb ram ddr3 1866mhz

gtx 1070

steam overlays? dont see how that makes any difference but tried without and still nothing

Nothing on antivirus

When i click play the process launches for 2 seconds and dies. Nothing happens at all. When steam isn't already running, it launches steam, but also doesn't do anything.

And you guys renamed the 1csoft folder in mydocuments if you had the existing game already? Also, once you installed Blitz, did you run from steam and did steam launch the "initial set up" screen before launching into the Blitz logo and starting the game? 

Do you have any crash logs? 

Edited by 69thSpiritus_Mortem

And you guys renamed the 1csoft folder in mydocuments if you had the existing game already? Also, once you installed Blitz, did you run from steam and did steam launch the "initial set up" screen before launching into the Blitz logo and starting the game? 

Do you have any crash logs? 

I did not have previous CLoD on this computer so no folder to rename.

I don't think steam did run initial setup, which is why the first thing i did was run all the redistributables (same thing as far as i'm aware, as i had this prob with other games and it fixed it). I never get into any application, nothing launches at all, just 2 secs of mouse timer and process and nothing.

I ran from steam default shortcut first, and as i said above from launcher64 in directory, and also tried as admin and nothing.

I have logs in "cppcrash" but when i open in notepad its all ascii bollocks.

Edited by eRoN

Hello Snacko and eRON

Regarding anyone having an issue with crashes:

For initial diagnostics it is best to post the full crash error you see come up.

Some of these errors are easily linkable to a cause.

For example in the error you might see the following:

The "BadImageFormatException" is because something is running at 32 bits (either windows or an overlay running in the background).

The "PermissionDeniedException" is due to not having permissions to read or write some file. Most likely due to not running the game as an Admin, or previously having created the Documents folder as an Admin and not doing it for the 4.5 install.

We recommend those who are having problems to enable the logfile.

This is done in the conf.ini file in your Documents/1C SoftClub/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover/ folder.

[Console]

IP=20001
  UseStartLog=1
  WRAP=1
  PAUSE=1
  HISTORY=1024
  HISTORYCMD=1024
  PAGE=20
  LOG=1
  LOGTIME=1
  LOAD=console.cmd
  SAVE=console.cmd
  LOGFILE=log.txt
  LOGKEEP=1

This keeps a record of the game operation in a file called:  log.txt

When you have a problem, open the log file, look at what is there and post it in the technical assistance forum.

Edited by Buzzsaw

I have no conf.ini or log.txt in Documents/1C SoftClub/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover/

only folders:

cache

clientAddins

cppcrash

mission

missions

that is it.

Edited by eRoN

I get title screen then launcher crash.

W10 x64

R480 video card

no overlay I've set the key in conf but the log file is still blank..

System
    - Provider
      [ Name] Windows Error Reporting
    - EventID 1001
      [ Qualifiers] 0
      Level 4       Task 0       Keywords 0x80000000000000     - TimeCreated
      [ SystemTime] 2017-12-14T23:31:17.209966300Z
      EventRecordID 7763       Channel Application       Computer Don-PC       Security
- EventData
              0       APPCRASH       Not available       0       Launcher64.exe       1.0.0.0       59c99be6       StackHash_79ef       10.0.15063.608       8274fd8b       c0000374       PCH_9F_FROM_ntdll+0x00000000000A5EF4                               C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_Launcher64.exe_4159367b7fb7ab42be452f5be3cad37b65440_429401e7_02ba3fc1               0       a6b61ce8-cdc0-4fc3-bbb2-cdf504ccc98e       100        

I have no conf.ini or log.txt in Documents/1C SoftClub/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover/

only folders:

cache

clientAddins

cppcrash

mission

missions

that is it.

Are you sure? Because when I scroll down those files are there on my install..

I get title screen then launcher crash.

W10 x64

R480 video card

no overlay I've set the key in conf but the log file is still blank..

System
    - Provider
      [ Name] Windows Error Reporting
    - EventID 1001
      [ Qualifiers] 0
      Level 4       Task 0       Keywords 0x80000000000000     - TimeCreated
      [ SystemTime] 2017-12-14T23:31:17.209966300Z
      EventRecordID 7763       Channel Application       Computer Don-PC       Security
- EventData
              0       APPCRASH       Not available       0       Launcher64.exe       1.0.0.0       59c99be6       StackHash_79ef       10.0.15063.608       8274fd8b       c0000374       PCH_9F_FROM_ntdll+0x00000000000A5EF4                               C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_Launcher64.exe_4159367b7fb7ab42be452f5be3cad37b65440_429401e7_02ba3fc1               0       a6b61ce8-cdc0-4fc3-bbb2-cdf504ccc98e       100        

Hello exlax

Your video card is quite old, and may not be DX 11 compliant... can you confirm it does run DX 11?

How much in the way of RAM do you have... is it quite old as well?

Because many of the Crashes are related to defective or insufficient RAM.

Edited by Buzzsaw

Radeon RX 480 is quite old? It supports DX 12 and just came out last year. I have 16 gigs of ram and I5 4690. I can run IL2 at max settings with 120 framerate so I would think my system is more than capable. I rebooted to make sure nothing else was running and got the same results.

Radeon RX 480 is quite old? It supports DX 12 and just came out last year. I have 16 gigs of ram and I5 4690. I can run IL2 at max settings with 120 framerate so I would think my system is more than capable. I rebooted to make sure nothing else was running and got the same results.

My apologies, I thought your post had a typo and your card was a GTX 480.

My first suggestion is you look at this thread:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/32903-suggestions-those-crash-problems/

Make sure the Steam overlay is off, make sure your anti-virus is not stopping the game, make sure there are no 32 bit programs being activated.

Follow the directions, get your crash log file and post the results.

We are looking at these problems carefully and would like to have the crash logs of as many people as possible.

The issues are not your system, they are a function of some program running in the background... that to be determined.

I uninstalled and re-downloaded over night and it still behaves the same.

We are looking at these problems carefully and would like to have the crash logs of as many people as possible.

The issues are not your system, they are a function of some program running in the background... that to be determined.

I don't understand something, TF team didn't check this before releasing the 4.5 ??

I didn't fly for many years with CoD and was ready to give a new try... GREAT START :/

Try unplugging your jostick and start the game! There is a theory it is overloaded USB ports. Do you have an externally powered USB hub you can use?

I don't understand something, TF team didn't check this before releasing the 4.5 ??

I didn't fly for many years with CoD and was ready to give a new try... GREAT START :/

Of course! This issue did not show up for ANY beta testers however!

Try unplugging your jostick and start the game! There is a theory it is overloaded USB ports. Do you have an externally powered USB hub you can use?

Thank you. Indeed, i remove joystick and was able to launche the game

After make this once, i was able to launch the game with joystick plugged again but it's... amazing :/

Does nothing for me unfortunately. I even tried all usbs sockets unplugged and just the mouse.

I had a usb hub with one controller and my trackir headset plugged in.  I unplugged the usb hub at the hub and unplugged it's power.  Rebooted and tried Blitz.  Didn't help me either.  I'm not going to go unplug all of my usb's for a game.  Too hard to reach, remember where they are all plugged in.

I have the following usb devices:

Saitek x55 Stick

Saitek x55 Throttle

CH Pedals

Helicopter Collective

Thrustmaster T300rs wheel

XBox game controller (wireless)

2 mice (wireless)

1 keyboard (wireless)

TrackIR

Oculus Rift

I have an 850watt ps, and never had any games or any software have a problem because of this.

I had it stuck at the blitz logo bit, I revalidated the files in steam and it worked fine. Only problem for me is that FPS is waaaaaay down on 4.3. Alas it's unplayable :(

Other issue is force feedback problems still exist, and when I go to a menu screen the stick slams to the right at full force.

Shame, I liked playing 4.3 and the scenery looks much nicer now.

Hi TF, really thank you for your hard work for us, but unfortunate I can't enjoy it. So please help ;)

I had a similar problem, game stuck at the blitz logo bit then black window appears on my desktop, after that hung up system and I can do only Ctrl+Alt+Delete. Also the game changed my windows color shame at the time of "start".  Tired: 3 different nVidia drivers (including latest), reinstalled all ms redistributable visual c++ and ms DirectX9 and ms NET Framework 4.7.1, start game as administrator, changed DPI (100%. 125%,150%), steam overlays off, all USB devices unplugged (except keyboard and mice), validate game files.... Here is few print screen from my desktop, how this looks like:https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4gcmsl6d7mjo6bn/AAAY_h-TrLu3h8DEL5DvtlQKa?dl=0

And log file in: ...My Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover are empty, nothing!

All my game working without any problem  IL2 Sturmovik - 1946 B.A.T, IL2 Sturmovik - BoX, IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover, IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover + TF 4.312 and many more.

My system spec:

System Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) up to date

Motherboard Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti  (6 GB) (Asus Matrix)

Intel Core i7-6700K

RAM 16GB

Disk Drive NVMe Samsung SSD 960

Disk Drive WDC WD20EZRZ-00Z5HB0

Disk Drive WDC WD20EZRZ-00Z5HB0

Disk Drive TOSHIBA HDWQ140

Monitor Philips 3440x1440

PSU 1000W

Just little update:

My Event Log (in game log file still nothing)

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          16/12/2017 10:09:37
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          
Computer:      
Description:
Faulting application name: Launcher.exe_Launcher, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4d6e3d08
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.23915, time stamp: 0x59b94abb
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000c54f
Faulting process id: 0x1598
Faulting application start time: 0x01d375cfde95edce
Faulting application path: D:\System\Desktop\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\Launcher.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 1c473b6e-e1c3-11e7-b9df-3052cb53717c
Event Xml:
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-12-16T10:09:37.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>13990</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>...</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Launcher.exe_Launcher</Data>
    <Data>1.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>4d6e3d08</Data>
    <Data>KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
    <Data>6.1.7601.23915</Data>
    <Data>59b94abb</Data>
    <Data>e0434352</Data>
    <Data>0000c54f</Data>
    <Data>1598</Data>
    <Data>01d375cfde95edce</Data>
    <Data>D:\System\Desktop\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\Launcher.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
    <Data>1c473b6e-e1c3-11e7-b9df-3052cb53717c</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Ok, I did homework and research. I found "problem and workaround" ("..." because I can't understand why IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz need December 12, 2017—KB4054518 (Monthly Rollup) to work).
I installed windows6.1-kb4054518-x64 and game start and working excellent. Just one thing, why game still change my windows color shame at the time of start? Modern game should no do it. I just checked few more things. I uninstalled kb4054518 and game still working, then I restored my previous system from image without kb4054518 and game crashed again. So it is little strange for me.

Solution not working for long term!!!
After few system restarts problem comeback to the "normal" - crash at start...

In link two zip with my 1C SoftClub (full) folders from My Documents.
First is before installation kb4054518 - game crashed on startup, second after installtion kb4054518 - game start and working without problem at max settings but change windows 7 color shame: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/njwri1oijkcbx49/AAA7r2hB_zbkjOVfVyVERMTEa?dl=0
Edited by ivnxnvi

Same problem for me too with or without steam overlay.

Windows 8.1, i5 4670K 8GB RAM R9 290

I remember we was having similar problems in the past and was solved with some guy third part modified luncher.

Looks like nobody care. :(

I don't have joystick pluged in at all and my windows is 64bit.

Do you have an updated version of windows?

Can you create a new steam profile and see if it works.

Do you run the game as an aministrator?

MSI Afterburner is my culprit.

Afterburner starts up on windows startup for me. 

I discovered this was causing the crash because sometimes Afterburner delays in starting. It just so happened that I launched Blitz before Afterburner started, and it launched fine. Now I just launch Blitz first and the problem is solved.

Looks like nobody care. :(

I don't have joystick pluged in at all and my windows is 64bit.

Do you run any program like MSI afterburner? I disabled mine and game launches fine now.

Have you guys tried to start Steam in offline mode? That did it for me (and is actually the only way I can start Blitz).

Windows is updatet regulary.

Same when I run it normaly or as admin.

I even made clean install several time, all 1Cgame profile in Document was deletet to have clean first time start.

Previous game was running good but it is uninstalled now.

I don't know what to do anymore but I remeber CloD was having similar problems in tha past but I don't remeber now what we was do to run.

Tried shutting down Afterburner and running Steam in Offline mode.  Also closed every app in my SysTray that I could.  And turned off my Kaspersky Internet Suite.  No good...

Edited by DDSnacko

Yes, I even ran steam as admin to install blitz. Then ran blitz as admin to create a new my documents game folder. And verified the game. Also made sure the my documents game folder didn't exist before all this..

Wormeaten and snacko, can you post your complete specs? Maybe there is a similarity between you both. I know you probably have posted them somewhere but I'd appreciate it.