No601_Swallow

updating old version missions?

This is a stupid question, because I know the answer is here on the forums somewhere, but I can't for the life of me find it!

So:

How do I update old version missions so I can edit and save them in the ME?

Thanks in advance!

There is 2 kind of update :

1- The more simple, is : delete the msbin file, then open the mission file, and save it. But you must have the mission file.

2- You have to edit the mission to change some value on the complex trigger. There is a post which explain how. If i find it, i will give you the link.

Many thanks Habu.

Actually this didn't work for me. Deleting the misbin file and just opening the mission file didn't work. But then I edited the .mission file with Notepad++ and just deleted all the complex triggers! It worked. I'm not sure what I've done to the mission now, but it was an early one so all those complex triggers should really be replaced anyway!

But the point is I have it open in the ME, so I can mess about with it as much as I want.  :salute:

The last time I did this, I just opened the mission changed the weather and saved and it worked fine. Hope that still works?

S!Blade<><

Many thanks Habu.

Actually this didn't work for me. Deleting the misbin file and just opening the mission file didn't work. But then I edited the .mission file with Notepad++ and just deleted all the complex triggers! It worked. I'm not sure what I've done to the mission now, but it was an early one so all those complex triggers should really be replaced anyway!

But the point is I have it open in the ME, so I can mess about with it as much as I want.  :salute:

Ok, but deleting the complex trigger break the mission you play. It's a value which has to be change in the mision file, and the complex trigger will work. i explain how in a post.

Here is the post :

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/26501-complex-trigger-upcoming-changes/

'CheckEntities' has to be replaced by 'CheckPlanes'.

Have a look here: Update 2,006, Missions, 31

:)

Ha! That's the post I was looking for!

Habu, I was really only interested in the scenery I'd put together, so the flights, etc, weren't important. Having said that though, I've just used Notepad++ to find and replace all CheckEntities instances with CheckPlanes in the back-up mission file I made. From what I now remember, this should work fine too.

Many thanks for all the help, Gents. My memory ain't what it once was!

Edit: it did! Now I have all the old bells and whistles working, and I've exchanged my Lagg for a Spit!

Edited by No601_Swallow

Habu, I was really only interested in the scenery I'd put together, so the flights, etc, weren't important. Having said that though, I've just used Notepad++ to find and replace all CheckEntities instances with CheckPlanes in the back-up mission file I made. From what I now remember, this should work fine too.

Ok, i didn't understand that you did the change, as you said that you deleted the complex trigger, i understood that you deleted all the complex trigger. 

Ok, i didn't understand that you did the change, as you said that you deleted the complex trigger, i understood that you deleted all the complex trigger. 

Habu, that's what I did. I deleted the complex triggers so the ME could open the missions, and I could use the scenery. But! After I was reminded that swapping the CheckEntites for CheckPlanes elements in the .mission file also works (and better, because you don't destroy the mission!), I did this with the back-up .mission file I'd created. So both methods worked.

If I was to develop the mission further, I'd probably change most of the complex triggers for checkzones. As it is, it's great for touring around in my trusty Spit Mk 5.

(I sort of took a break from the game for a few months, but now I'm back building missions and testing and retesting and then testing after that... and it feels great! I'm putting together a jail-break mission for the 110g-2, which will hopefully be reminiscent of the Mosquitoes' "Operation Jericho". Great fun, and a great feeling of achievement, when things actually work!)

I'm putting together a jail-break mission for the 110g-2, which will hopefully be reminiscent of the Mosquitoes' "Operation Jericho". Great fun, and a great feeling of achievement, when things actually work!)

Get a move on then because we could try it over Christmas.

Hugs and kisses

von Tom

• Upvote 1

Swallow always happy to use a thousand words when two will do.

;)