BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 181 - Discussion

Hello everybody,

Today we'll tell you about the creation of the new historical scenario campaign for Battle of Kuban. 

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 11

Looks great. It's gonna be so nice to have a quality BlackSix campaign for a non-fighter aircraft.

Very nice! Well, an IL2 campaign should be fun.

Thank you for the good news.

:salute:  Flo

• Upvote 1

Il2 is the least plane i flew in BoX, time to learn it!

Also some news on AI improvements regarding flight over the hills/mountians would be appreciated, will it be ready for BoK release and is BoK behind schedule or we can expect it this month?

S!

• Upvote 1

I think IL-2 is an excellent choice for the 1st built in campaign for IL-2 Series. :) Thank you Blacksix for the hard work.

Also some news on AI improvements regarding flight over the hills/mountians would be appreciated, will it be ready for BoK release and is BoK behind schedule or we can expect it this month?

That's what I would like to know too. In a Hs-129 campaign I am working on this caused some problems, I guess it will be the same in a Il-2 campaign.

• Upvote 2

Will there be a career mode in BoK like there is in RoF? If so will it be released at the same time as BoK? 

Sorry if these questions are obvious. 

Liking the look of this new campaign and looking forward to giving it a go.

That's what I would like to know too. In a Hs-129 campaign I am working on this caused some problems, I guess it will be the same in a Il-2 campaign.

Looking at the area of operations in upcoming il2 campaign i see they are over the flat region so i guess it will be avoided.

Can't wait to dogfight between mountains, maybe when BoK get released Kuban map will be more present in MP.

So, there will be this historical scenario campaign included in BoK, as long as new career mode for BoS, BoM and BoK?

Great!

• Upvote 1

Hi B6. I would like to thank you/the team for this unexpected (for me at least) additiinal good news. Another example of value for money and great customer service. Also appreciate the choice and your time and the effort that you put in.

Back to the sources. Very good choice to make a ground attacker campaign for BoK

For SP content, I enjoy much more flying theses planes than fighters.

Waiting to break the "Blacksix seal of quality" once again  :salute:

Really looking forward to it, BlackSix! The premise and unit chosen, combined with the research and mission building skills, will surely make for a very exciting campaign :)

Spasiba, bolchoy news! I have an Il2 on order from the factory, I hope it will be ready in time

post-4591-0-93261300-1512128408_thumb.jpg

Master

Excellent! Looking forward to this one; with all the practice I've put in with the Il-2 this should be a doddle. Probably dead on the first mission though... :(.

Cheers.

When I started to make this campaign, the attack planes couldn't attack the targets among the hills now it fixed. But I didn't try to set targets among the high mountains.

Will there be a career mode in BoK like there is in RoF? If so will it be released at the same time as BoK?

So, there will be this historical scenario campaign included in BoK, as long as new career mode for BoS, BoM and BoK?

The answer is yes to both questions

• Upvote 1

Excellent choice of subject matter.

I've just finished putting together as much as I can for now of an order of battle of the Soviet 4th Air Army in the Kuban area during the period from April to August/September of 1943. I can testify to the fact that the information generally available on the Internet for this subject is very limited to say the least, so my version may not be entirely accurate, but I think I have it at a workable standard. It was particularly difficult for me to pin down which airfields the various units used with the exception of the well-documented 57 GIAP in their Spitfires.

..so.... is there a chance that we may see torps on IL2s in BoK soon enough?

IL-2s had never used any torps, it's a myth by Oleg Maddox)

• Upvote 1

I've just finished putting together as much as I can for now of an order of battle of the Soviet 4th Air Army in the Kuban area during the period from April to August/September of 1943. I can testify to the fact that the information generally available on the Internet for this subject is very limited to say the least, so my version may not be entirely accurate, but I think I have it at a workable standard. It was particularly difficult for me to pin down which airfields the various units used with the exception of the well-documented 57 GIAP in their Spitfires.

It was a big problem for us, too. There are many original documents, but it is very difficult to read and understand them, for example:

00000038.jpg

I'm not much of a campaign flyer, but an Il2 campaign in Kuban sounds like a ton of fun.

@ BlackSix - that is a fascinating document. I relied on websites as I don't have access to the same resources. One day I would love to have the opportunity to view information like that. I fear that my recognition of hand-written Russian would not be up to the task though.

Excellent choise B6!

I was waiting for a IL-2 campaign!

I love that bird

S!

@ BlackSix - that is a fascinating document. I relied on websites as I don't have access to the same resources. One day I would love to have the opportunity to view information like that. I fear that my recognition of hand-written Russian would not be up to the task though.

Here is all original docs about 4th Air Army from Jan to Dec 1943, but all of them on Russsian...

https://pamyat-naroda.ru/documents/?q=37%20%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%BC%D0%B8%D1%8F%20(37%20%D0%90)%201943&division=4%20%D0%92%D0%90&begin_date=01.01.1943&end_date=01.12.1943

• Upvote 2

You, sir, are a true gentleman - I'll look at those and try and correct any mistakes that I have made. Thank you very much indeed.

Really. Two weeks in a row. Must be very slow going. Hopefully the new programmer will help.