Sign in to follow this  
d3rt13n

Please add preorder products to the steam store

I have seen that Bodenplatte (which I certainly want since I am Belgian), kuban as well as the JU-52 are available on your store. However you boys don't give us the ability to purchase via directpay like Steam does.

It would be good to have these products in the steam store as well alongside those that are already listed.

Any feedback and follow up on this would be greatly appreciated.

Keep up the great show.

I am wondering what you want.  If you buy Bodenplatte or Kuban now then 1C will receive all the income (which they really need) plus you will be given the Steam key as soon as it is available.    What else are you asking for?

yeah please don't put the pre orders on Steam 1C/777 will loose to much money.

Bad enough the main game on steam and they stole money from every purchase there.

Steam would be ok if they didn't take a huge cut from devs pocket each copy of game sold.

(steam not there to help you, not there to help companies, There to rip us off and make $$$ since 2001

u buy i from IL2 online $69 goes to the devs, u buy it from steam and like $49 goes to devs

Edited by =TBAS=Sshadow14

There really is no need to buy from steam once you understand that the content you access is tied to your account and not your installed DLC. So, you buy from this webstore and that content is already going to be activated on your steam install. Voila, no need to buy from steam. Wanting to just have it show up in your steam profile is silly IMO as you dont need that to happen in order to play the content. 

Edited by Field-Ops

What I fail to understand is that 3 people in the heat of the moment did not read my post carefully and charged like a bull on a red flag with anti-Steam rethorics - I was under the impression that this is not the War Thunder crowd and you are all adults, right? I am not a Steam employee who wishes to make extra profit for the platform or some troll who posts stupid irrelevant spam because I'm a noob with one post, so do not assume I am - it is rude.

@56RAF_Roblex and Field-Ops

Since a warm welcome was too much to ask for and you didn't even make the effort to read the second sentence in my post and put it so bluntly chaps, what I want is the DIRECTPAY option (bank wire transfer) to purchase either from the devs directly - which is NOT possible at the moment through their website, but IS possible through Steam - or - the devs putting their stuff up for sale on Steam so people WITHOUT the paypal/creditcard option  - who are just as greedy as Steam is - can purchase their product. Or are you both Banksys employees and should I assume you work for Paypal ?

On another note, if Steam would not have any of the IL-2 BOS packages, I would not have been able to buy them, which means NO income at all for the devs - never mind what Steam does with a part of the cake. As a matter of fact I tried to purchase directly from the website but couldn't because of that - hence my suggestion to put these packages on the Steam platform without commercial motives that would be beneficial to Steam. I'm a gamer and a customer who wishes to purchase not a salesman who wishes to make a percentage off Steam sales profit.

Does my question make sense now or should I repeat it again for the cheap seats!?!

Edited by d3rt13n

As I understand Steam does not allow early access/beta DLC, this is the way it works with BoX at the moment, there is nothing 1CGS/777 can do currently, perhaps with release of the demo there will be a change in the whole BoS/Steam relationship regards treating new standalone/expansions as DLC

Cheers Dakpilot

@56RAF_Roblex and Field-Ops   Since a warm welcome was too much to ask for and you didn't even make the effort to read the second sentence in my post

That was kind of rude  :huh:   I posted to say that I did not understand your question and asked for clarification in order to help you and I got abused!    

• Upvote 1

@ Dakpilot,

Thanks for your input. That explains a lot now since there is a lot of Early Access games available on Steam - but I didn't understand that it had implications regarding availability for DLC content.

What the devs could do for example is set up an IBAN account where one could pay the price of a chosen game together with an invoice number and once the sum is safe and sound on their account, make a download of the game available and have it activated via the sturmovik website as usual.

That way people would not be dependent on Steam for that option.

Last but not least; some people do not like Steam - well, I do. It keeps all games neatly together, I don't need to save gigabytes of installation files offline and I don't need to worry about updates. I'm also a fan of GOG.com which Steamopats hate with a passion - to each his own.

Guess I will need to wait a little longer to fly Operation Bodenplatte. Shame.

@56RAF_Roblex

Rude? Coming from someone who sais something in the lines of : "You've got all the options you need to buy the game... What else are you asking for?" - which sounds very condescending given the fact that the second sentence in my OP said this: "However you boys don't give us the ability to purchase via directpay like Steam does" and should have given you a hint as to what I was aiming at, or trigger a question like 'what is directpay' - which I then would have answered in a completely different manner.

So I was under the impression that the anti-steam league in my wake was going to be flogging me with their dogmas again, and really got fed up with it this time and put 1 and 1 together and returned fire.

So, if you genuinely wanted to help me, I apologize for assuming that your reply was what I thought it was. I hope it is now clear in my second post what I meant that I cannot purchase and support the devs given their limited options for payment on their website. Should they add the option as stated in my reply to Dakpilot, who did not receive the flak the tree of you got because his answer was not dubious, I would be glad to oblige.

Edited by d3rt13n

@d3rt13n : I think you need to relax dude.  There is no Anti Steam league, there is no Steamopats,  nobody is out there to make your life miserable on purpose, you are the only one capable of doing such things.  Take a walk outside and realize how fresh the winter air is, how the birds fly and where the leaves are being pushed by the winds.  Life is great, and there is no need to stress as much as you do with answers from people who might have read your comment too quick, or misunderstood it. 

You want to give off the vibe that you are an adult gentleman, but you act like a child who spend his whole days on the internet, slowly being ravaged away by all the nasty comments you hear and the evil news you see. It is slowly making you paranoid about the whole world you live in and you start using words like "Anti-Steam League" or "Steamopats". Such things do not exist.  The only thing that exist is individuals that have a different opinion than yours, and trust me, they are not at your throat. They are simply just walking beside you.  They are nothing to you. I am nothing to you.   

Edited by hobotango

wow - a simple question and and inoccualous answer leaeds to how mant lines of pointless  blurt?

Buy the bloody thing off the store and steam it up when you can. Or don't. 

FFS

I have seen that Bodenplatte (which I certainly want since I am Belgian), kuban as well as the JU-52 are available on your store. However you boys don't give us the ability to purchase via directpay like Steam does.

It would be good to have these products in the steam store as well alongside those that are already listed.

Any feedback and follow up on this would be greatly appreciated.

Keep up the great show.

I fail to see why being Belgian means you have to have it  lol. :lol:

As it was said above putting pre orders or product sales on steam just gives some of the much needed money to steam instead of the company that creates this game thus reducing their budget.

I find this post utterly illogic...no offense. :salute:

Just buy  from the IL-2 store like everyone else it changes absolutely nothing, you still get your product.

Just buy  from the IL-2 store like everyone else it changes absolutely nothing, you still get your product.

The point of his message is that he cannot buy it on the website because there is no option available to him to do so. 

@Hobotango - Thanks for that - you are actually the second person after Dakpilot to understand the reason of my posting and posting an adequate answer to it. What I was expecting - was a reply from the devs since I posted this in the forum I believed was meant for such purpose...

Developer assistance / Suggestions.

...what I got in return is a lot of pointless blurt as Boo put it - who also failed in the process to write something meaningful relating to my suggestion / question:

I already apologized for my flak to the people who deserved it - so that is that - I will just ignore the ones I deem fit to be ignored instead of returning fire.

@Hauggy - Operation Bodenplatte happened during the Battle Of The Bulge - which occurs in the Ardennes - which is situated at the border between Belgium and Germany.  I have lived in that area (not at that time though) and it would be great to relive countless hours spent in 'Jane's WW2 fighters' in VR this time with IL-2.

Let me quote wikipedia on this as well:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Bodenplatte

The plan of Bodenplatte called for a surprise attack against 16 Allied air bases in Belgium, the Netherlands and France.[19] The object was to destroy or cripple as many Allied aircraft, hangars and airstrips as possible. Every fighter and fighter-bomber Geschwader (Wing) currently occupied with air defence along the Western Front was redeployed. Additional night-fighter units (Nachtjagdgeschwader) and medium bomber units (Kampfgeschwader) acted as pathfinders. The strike formations themselves were mostly single-engine Messerschmitt Bf 109 and Focke-Wulf Fw 190 fighters.[2]

You will also see that the majority of the targets of battle on that page are in Belgium as well and I know the area well - much more than the Russian front. I hope this helps understand why I as a Belgian am so interested in that product.

I'd like to add that there is nothing illogic about my post and that your answer makes my eyes roll with a facepalm to top it all off. Dakota already provided a logical answer and Hobotango understood what I meant, but I am still waiting on news from the devs regarding this. I am sure I am not the only one who does not use paypal / credit cards as I shall now put it.

If the devs wish their product to be sold even more through their website they will need to provide more than just creditcard options - or see a substantial part of their revenue lost due to Steam sales that would otherwise go directly to them.

Edited by d3rt13n

Sorry for some reason I skipped the directpay part, I thought you were one of those who required to have the game on steam for some reason.

What do you mean by directpay?

Paysafecard?

Do you not trust credit cards payments on the internet?

Also now that I think about it I can understand why it would be interesting to fly over your hometown, all I can think about is the planes. :happy:

@Hauggy

Sofort or Directpay (Steam has them both) works the same way as Credit Cards, but you just pay instantaneously with your regular ATM bank card - also via internet - I believe this is possible all over Europe now - I don't believe to be the proverbial Oddball here coming straight from "kelly's heroes". :-D

My credit card expired and I did not fancy to jump all the hoops again required by the bank to provide me a new one since I don't travel abroad as much as I used to where a CC is a must have.

I have relocated and used to live in Antwerp - problem is that Banksys (the credit card issuing company) does not want to send the card to my new address - they want me to go to the bank physically because that is the procedure. The bank is only open 4 days a week and I cannot go there by car because since May we have a Low Emmission Zone in effect for older cars; in Antwerp of all places where the industry and harbour screws up the bit of fresh air - meaning I cannot enter the town by car because it is polluting the air too much according to egghead politics. I phoned the bank, and although they are very much aware of my new address, they just plainly refuse to send me the credit card to where I currently live. In the year 2017 where anything can be done online, you still need to go to the bank physically only to slide your identity card through their cardreader in order to get your credentials validated to gain access to the money you worked for and a piece of plastic you end up paying service fees for each month. Only in this case you're the one providing the service to the bank and doing all the logistical work to comply with their mandatory procedures.

So instead of having to take a day off work, drive 35 Km to the suburbs of Antwerp, park my car outside of the LEZ, take the tram or bus, go to the bank, swipe my ID, and do the whole shabam in reverse order, just to renew my CC, I said 'fack it, you can cancel my credit card then'.

Also had a lot of issues while stuck in an endless error loop with PayPal a year or so ago - and stopped using that altogether as well.

So, no, I have no issues with payments online at all - nor have I got issues with the 80 USD price of Bodenplatte which if it looks like BOM and BOS will be the bees knees.

The error I made here was to suggest to put the new content up on Steam - since I am used to its convenience both in game access and in payment, instead of suggesting to add alternative payment options to the IL2 store. Unfortunately I cannot change the title of my original post. I guess people would have been less biased regarding their answers and the Steam comments would have been non existent. I've been using Steam for about as long as I can remember and its competitor GOG as well, and was not that aware of 'where the funds go' as much as some people here regarding Steam, and I perfectly understand their reasoning now.

The cool thing about IL 2 is that the regions are very detailed so I was curious to see if I could use some of the military staff charts that I must still have somewhere to navigate the area. Cities like Malmedy, Elsenborn and Dinant through which I used to drive every Friday and Sunday for numerous years for example, I'm just very curious how they will all look in their product and I am really looking forward to fly the P-38 in VR - which at the moment I can only do in another civilian oriented VR flight sim in the beautiful Swiss Alps.  

Edited by d3rt13n

Find friend/relative/colleague with credit card. Draw cash with current card, Get friend to purchase (I do it in Africa with my phone so must be possible in 1st world) from IL-2 store, give cash to freind, buy him/her a beer...

Result!

Or buy disposable pre loaded credit card

Cheers Dakpilot

Well, if you want, i can buy it for you and send it to you as a gift. Would of course need to be paid in advance though.

@ Dakpilot - Was already thinking along those lines, but since Matt has offered, might as well do it that way.

@ Matt - Thanks for the offer Matt. If you can send me your IBAN and your Name, that should suffice to send you the money - send me a PM or something in that nature if you don't want to put your bank account number on the forums for some reason.

According to Google 80 USD is about 67.31 Euros. If that sum is ok for you then you should be able to have a couple of beers with the 10 percent off deal on Bodenplatte at the moment.

Let me know. I would like the premium edition so I can fly the 'Gabelschwanzteufel' and the 'Dora'.

https://il2sturmovik.com/store/battle-of-bodenplatte/

Not sure if you need to add a check box mark with an optional 'Steam Key' since I do like to keep my games sorted.

Vielen dank.

Edited by d3rt13n

@ Matt - Thanks for the offer Matt. If you can send me your IBAN and your Name, that should suffice to send you the money - send me a PM or something in that nature if you don't want to put your bank account number on the forums for some reason.

:lol:  :lol:

Edited by hobotango
  • Upvote 1

@ Dakpilot - Was already thinking along those lines, but since Matt has offered, might as well do it that way.

According to Google 80 USD is about 67.31 Euros. If that sum is ok for you then you should be able to have a couple of beers with the 10 percent off deal on Bodenplatte at the moment.

Let me know. I would like the premium edition so I can fly the 'Gabelschwanzteufel' and the 'Dora'.

https://il2sturmovik.com/store/battle-of-bodenplatte/

Not sure if you need to add a check box mark with an optional 'Steam Key' since I do like to keep my games sorted.

Vielen dank.

Why don’t you just top up your PayPal account with a bank transfer, and then buy it from PayPal with the funds you just wired there?

Why don’t you just top up your PayPal account with a bank transfer, and then buy it from PayPal with the funds you just wired there?

@ Mc Leod:

Like explained in previous post: because of this:

Also had a lot of issues while stuck in an endless error loop with PayPal a year or so ago which was never resolved - and stopped using that altogether as well. It was an Ebay/PayPal thing (which is basically the same animal) and talking sense into getting the people from Ebay to work together with their PayPal colleagues in order to correct an Ebay error that is impeding my PayPal account is completely impossible. I'm not going to waste another minute trying to get that working nor go into the details - it's just not worth it.

@Ivan Dolvich

I'm no expert but Sofort and Directpay work with a combination of your ATM card, a cardreader, your pincode and a window of time to proceed with the transaction which will trigger the correct 8 digit signature - Nothing is cached on your computer. I think this is about as safe as I want it to be before it becomes cumbersome in terms of user friendliness.

Unlike your CC number which is saved in your browser - both Sofort and Directpay open a window that makes you enter your card number every time again - inconvenient for some - but I do like the extra measure.

Again, I thank Matt, who has gotten me a preorder of Bodenplatte premium that I am now anticipating to play. Took us about 24 Hours to get things done. Vielen Dank.

Edited by d3rt13n

Well it was some time ago that I read about possible issues with Sofort on the security side. The details nowadays with a seperate device to generate a PIN are unknown to me as I don't use it because of the issues that were there in the past. Have fun with the game :)