6./ZG26_Klaus_Mann

Make B-25 flyable please?

The B-25 is the coolest Aircraft in the Bodenplatte Planeset and you want to make it AI only? 

This is the Ju-52 all over again, and it made even less sense to make the 52 flyable. 

And if you want a good Counterpart the Me-410 would be perfect. 

• Upvote 11

B-25, Me-410

Yes and yes, please.

YES YES YES!

• Upvote 1

I wan destroi me som Panters, and se Tiguhrz, an I wan me many 16/32 inch guns. An I wan se Boms, se mani boms, an i wan the pin-ap gurlz, an i wan se Catch 22.

pbj-b-25-mitchell-1a.jpg

b25h.jpg

B25-Mitchell-01-px800-800x413.jpg?resize

Step 1: Make Plane Flyable (Bodenplatte)

Step 2: Model everything the AI won't cry on the forum about not being precisely historic.  Put 75mm in it.  (Christmas 2019 Collector Plane)

"Hear hear" 

Far too nice for just those pesky AI.

We have the training film and everything!

Edited by 6./ZG26_Custard
  • Upvote 1

I too would like to see it flyable, but I'm in no hurry, we have bucket loads of content coming, more than enough to occupy us.

If its AI only, you can bet there's a damn good reason for it being so.

Wait a while and perhaps we will see it flyable? who knows!

• Upvote 1

Probably because it would take too much effort, combined with the other planes, to build its interiors as well.

I have no real doubt that it will be made flyable at a later stage.

This pack is about getting money, not spend it in tedious coding , this is why we will not have a flying B 25 in this pack, but it give me hope for a flying one when/if  Pasific is a reality. This pack is about funding, every fighter jockey have preyed for a stang , late 109, late spit and a 262. And no they are getting it

• Upvote 3

Give them time! Look at that plane set man, it's HUGE and filled with completely AWESOME aircraft, let them finish BOB and then you can bombard them with requests to make the b25 flyable...

• Upvote 3

A modification to fill that A20 nose full of guns would be great as well.

• Upvote 2

I think they will definitely go the path of making it flyable, but as with the Ju 52, we’re gonna have to pay for it separately. It’s just too expensive to have a 5-6 man crew aircraft be part of the package.

• Upvote 4

I think they will definitely go the path of making it flyable, but as with the Ju 52, we’re gonna have to pay for it separately. It’s just too expensive to have a 5-6 man crew aircraft be part of the package.

IIRC Jason said in the second TS session that they won't make AI only aircraft anymore because they're taking up almost as much resources as the flyable ones. so i think they're planning to do it flyable but as a collector afterwards, maybe with the Me 410 on the German side? *nudge nudge*

The B-25 is a very popular bomber - I'm sure it's only a matter of time before it is included as flyable.

If it's too much work, would it be so controversial to remove some of the fighters? Do we need two other Bf109s and Focke-Wulfs?

I understand it's harder on the Allies' side, I can't pick any of the planes to drop. I think they could almost split the planeset in two, add the missing ground-attack and bombers and make two games. Or simply move move more of the fighters to collector. Who said each game had to have exactly two collector planes? Is it a must that both sides have symmetrical planesets?

One step at a time.

It's a departure from the current recipe. That "one step at a time" argument could be applied to half the fighters in that lining instead.

The B-25 is a very popular bomber - I'm sure it's only a matter of time before it is included as flyable.

I imagine the "collector" will outstrip the Ju-52 collector by an exponential amount of money when it is offered and more than pay for itself.

Do we need two other Bf109s and Focke-Wulfs?

Take a look at any OOB for the late war period (autumn 44-May 1945) - those 4 planes (plus the 109 G-10) are the most common fighters for the Luftwaffe.

the missing ground-attack

There weren't that many dedicated ground attack planes that took part in Bodenplatte. The fact of the matter is that the German day fighter force had to participate as ground attack planes for the operation. There's no way around that.

Edited by LukeFF

He-111 is 5 Man Plane. 

Exactly, and it delayed 3d model work on BoS for over a month just getting it ready.

For the H16 they at least had something to work from.

I can't wait to argue over making the B-17F flyable.

Mmmm.....

Memphis Belle. I saw the movie when I was like 7 and she was my first warbird crush. I used to get so pissed off because every single toy B17 I could find back then (there weren't many) was a G model with the chin turret and no paint with big bright colored markings. I filed off quite a few die cast chin turrets turning them into "Memphis Belles" lol. My grandfather used to get a kick out of that.

Personally, I care more about the variation between planes in the offered planeset. The planes that are offered should make sense for the battle in question, and iconic planes should be there, but ignoring entirely the non-fighter flying types is not something that makes me too happy. I know people who fly exclusively attackers and bombers, for them buying this is pointless, other than for supporting the devs.

I'm a mixed flyer, I fly fighters too. I can't wait to fly the P-51, P-47 and P-38. But it's the first theatre where I find the entire German side underwhelming.

We got the FW-190 a3 for BOS, even though it wasn't at that battle. The reason, I heard, was because it was an iconic plane to have, and it existed on the East Front in that period. Can't the same reasoning be applied here? I would have loved to have a me410 or a mosquito in there, even if they did not actually participate in the battle. Thinking about it, it's so sad we probably won't get to fly those planes in this game.

I would have loved to have a me410 or a mosquito in there, even if they did not actually participate in the battle. Thinking about it, it's so sad we probably won't get to fly those planes in this game.

Are you kidding?  Up to mid-day yesterday I would have said we'll never see a Me262 in this game.  I think this announcement brings a flyable Mosquito a whole lot closer.

• Upvote 1

As far as I recall, devs stated that planes that required multiple pilots to realistically fly were a hard no because of game engine limitations. ie. we'd never see a flyable B17. I don't know if this still holds but that was the reasoning behind not doing American heavy bombers. 

It seems 5 man multicrew planes were a recipe from the old days that bogged development time/money and we just have not come to terms with that yet. This pack contains a lot of iconic fighters and they should have a quicker development cycle doing it this way. Some of which they already have models to base them from (190A8, Spitfire, 109G).

To me this makes the most sense as it steps in front of any possible competition and takes the spotlight for this theater, it theoretically will take a shorter time to develop, and will rake in the most cash in a short amount of time. The other titles might simply be there because the proceeds from Kuban were higher than expected. I also see hints of partnership with other companies and contractors but no names were given. All in all I hope the partnerships do well and fast forward this series.

I saw a lot of drama in the announcement threads and I understand some even feel betrayed. My opinion is that those individuals should not just withdraw from their dreams. Start posting ALL relevant data you can find in the Pacific Assistance section.

Please Make it flyable! it would be the only real bomber in the entire new game :'(

The B-25 is the coolest Aircraft in the Bodenplatte Planeset and you want to make it AI only? 

This is the Ju-52 all over again, and it made even less sense to make the 52 flyable. 

And if you want a good Counterpart the Me-410 would be perfect. 

Has nothing to do with cool Has everything to do with resources. At least an AI B-25 can be used on the Eastern Front and maybe someday we can make it flyable.

Jason

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 11

Has nothing to do with cool Has everything to do with resources. At least an AI B-25 can be used on the Eastern Front and maybe someday we can make it flyable.

Jason

Pretty much exactly my thinking.

The B-26 might make more sense for Bodenplatte specifically (at least in USAAF service), but the B-25J just has endless uses in practically every theater of the war.

Are you kidding?  Up to mid-day yesterday I would have said we'll never see a Me262 in this game.  I think this announcement brings a flyable Mosquito a whole lot closer.

I doubt that anything that isn't an uber fighter is a good pick for a collector/premium plane. This kind of plane needs to support itself in sales. Attackers and big bombers are "subsidized" by the masses who buy the game for the fighters. There are only two ways to get it: through another unlikely western theater, or as premium that would be a net loss for the devs.

Jason

I hope that it will be flyable as you did with the Breguet XIV and the JU52 as soon as possible.

Jason

Make it a preorder and well see if we can fund it to gain more resources :P

• Upvote 1

The B-25 as a fly able would be epic, but first it makes more sense...and I mean WAY more sense to politely ask for the A-20G.

They were used heavily in Belgium and Germany, not to mention the Eastern front, PTO, and it's 90% done.

I would also like to see it but I guess its too much work for their current plans considering all the new planes.

Another choice IMO would be an A-20G. Quite similar and would ease the time as the big difference is the ball turret and more .50 cals in the nose compared to the one we get with Kuban.

EDIT: Sniped by gambit xD

Edited by 6./ZG26_McKvack

The B-26 might make more sense for Bodenplatte specifically (at least in USAAF service), but the B-25J just has endless uses in practically every theater of the war.

The B-25s involved in Bodenplatte were Cs & Ds (which could still be used for the Soviets).

Edited by LukeFF

Pretty much exactly my thinking.

Exactly my thinking. Could turn around and make the B-25C/Mitchell II useful all over the place. Pacific, East Front, West Front, its a solid choice.

The B-25s involved in Bodenplatte were Cs & Ds (which could still be used for the Soviets).

Yeah sorry, I was actually thinking of B-25Ds in British service.