SvAF/F19_Klunk

Get ready for the Pacific: Hunters in the sky - Pacific episodes

So... in the amazing series Hunters in the sky... here are some episodes relating to the Pacific theatre...

It is a fantastic feat to collect all these pilots and famous aces for interviews..

Episode 5; Hell in the Pacific

Episode 10; Closing the ring

Episode 12; Victory in the Pacific

All the other episodes are amazing as well, but these are related to our upcoming front...

Episode guide

==========

Knights in the Sky: Aerial combat and what it takes to be an ace no fear of dying and eyes in the back of your head.

Defending the Realm: The Luftwaffe crushes Poland, France, Denmark and Norway, but British Aces save Britain.

Red Star Rising: The Soviet Air Force is wiped out by the Luftwaffe but recoversto hold German pilots to a standstill.

Tigers over China: The Flying Tigers, volunteer Americans terrorize Japanese pilots over Chinese skies.

Hell in the Pacific: Outnumbered, Americans turn the tide at Midway.

Closing the Ring: Marine valor paves the way for aerial assault on Japan.

Victory in the Pacific: Japanese air power weakens as American pilots become deadly accurate.

Under All Flags: Royal Air Force defends skies over England.

Big Friend, Little Friend: American Aces strike deep in the heart of the Third Reich.

Struggle for Supremacy: Germans shock Allies when they deploy jet and rocket fighters.

Assault on Fortress Europe: Undermanned, outgunned Luftwaffe is defiant to the end.

Fall of the Third Reich: Final aerial battles between Soviet and German pilots.

Reflctions on War: Pilots of aerial duels recall skills and purpose that elevated them to the ranks of Aces.

============

Edited by SvAF/F19_Klunk

I can't recommend this series highly enough. The DVD set is still available from Amazon. Don't buy it for the film clips tho there are some unique clips I'd never seen before when this series first aired in the early 1990s. Buy it for the interviews of numerous Aces from every major combatant during WWII. Almost all of these men are gone now. Well worth the time to watch it. 

• Upvote 1

I'm very grateful that someone had the foresight to interview these great men before it was too late. 

sounds great thanks.  Ill have to check this out. fascinating 

as a mission maker in IL2, I made a bunch of historical scenarios that were insane. one i recall was two P38s came across 30 zeros and shot a bunch of them down. same thing happened in the sim. was so wild

sounds great thanks.  Ill have to check this out. fascinating 

as a mission maker in IL2, I made a bunch of historical scenarios that were insane. one i recall was two P38s came across 30 zeros and shot a bunch of them down. same thing happened in the sim. was so wild

Ive been corrected by the great Mr. David McCampbell in that last video. It was him and his wingman vs. 40 fighters. Shot down 9. medal of Honor.  (his wingman 6) 

Hope the devs are watching this! Flying over 4 task force groups in VR would be epic. 

Edited by katdog5