Sign in to follow this  
SvAF/F19_Klunk

Get ready for the Pacific: The fighting lady

This is a documentary I saw for the first time years ago and I just found it again on youtube. Even though it depicts carrier operations a little later in the war compared to Midway, it is still a fanastic representation of life onboard a carrier... get some inspiration!

• Upvote 8

Btw.. look at the cloud formations and the wild sea in the opening sequence as the we see the Lady for the first time... looking at yesterday’s DD, maybe we are close on getting a very realistic environment for the Pacific :)

Can’t wait for trying to land on a Rolling deck with a nasty wind situation for the first time, trying to grip that cable..

I Am also curious about how the team will implement the LSO... the IJN had a very interesting system too.. from what I have read, they had a form of an ILS - of deck lights, called "chakkan shidoto" ... n

Edited by SvAF/F19_Klunk

So that's the confirmed campaign for the pacific, BoFL? Great, can't wait to start it. :biggrin:

Thanks for sharing this. Really can't wait for starting a career as carrier aircraft pilot.

If we could get formations like that today, oh boy...

In the Pacific we are gonna need a buddy system so we don't get lost. And another buddy systen to make sure the other buddies don't get lost... lol and so on..

Working beacons, nav instruments, them layered clouds, and ohhh boy a busy flight deck.... can't wait

That was so well done, I wish it was a full movie! It was directed by the actor Robert Taylor, for those who are into old movies.

I enjoyed watching that. Those men were so young! Amazing to see,

Sign in to follow this