Dave

303 SQN RAF (and 316, ...) Polish Squadrons

I read that part of Franciszek 11 kills was a legend. He did not shot anyone until Battle of Britain.

[Edited]

PS. František was actually of czechoslovakian origin, so before you make any further silly statements perhaps you should check you facts.

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
  • Upvote 2

I read that part of Franciszek 11 kills was a legend. He did not shot anyone until Battle of Britain.

It's Josef František, not "Franciszek". He was a Czechoslovak pilot that flew with Poles, member of the 303 sq. He came to Poland in 1939 right before German invasion of Poland and after Czechoslovakia capitulated. I have read a bit and it seems that his records were destroyed during the war, but he was awarded with Croix de guerre. "The Croix de guerre may either be awarded as an individual or unit award to those soldiers who distinguish themselves by acts of heroism involving combat with the enemy."

I don't think that we know everything, but just to assume that there is no immediate proof, that doesn't mean that it was made up. He was highly regarded by the Poles and he had the highest kill count of all pilots in Polish units during Battle of Britain, but his career was cut short by death.

Deleted post

You were able to insult the whole Polish nation just based on your assumptions. Do you even have any knowledge regarding Polish history or even the 1939 September campaign? Instead of gathering your data from uneducated people of your level, maybe start reading Polish history books and publications by trusted western authors such as Norman Davis. That might give you any insight before you start spouting accusations against a whole nation.

And I just want to remind you that Germany invaded Poland and commited atrocities on day 1, such bombing of Wieluń, which was a purely civilian target and many more later on, such as German concentration camps where Jews, Poles, Romani people, Russians and other slavic peoples were murdered.

Edited by SYN_Haashashin

The documentary said exactly that.

František wasn't Polish - he was Czech. Did you not watch the doco?

Deleted post
Edited by SYN_Haashashin